IGNORED

Bar Riser Cable Stretch

Rob F.

I just put on a pair of Suburban Machinery bar risers on my '08 R1200RT and noticed when I lock my bars to the right it stretches my clutch cable to the max hitting my handlebar. Is this cause for concern? Do I need to put a longer clutch hose on or am I okay? Thanks.

I don't have the answer but tried the risers too and took them off when I found that the cable was stretched too much ('05 RT)...I'll be watching for responses...I didn't take the fairing off and see if the cable could be slacked off anywhere though........

Fits OK on my '07. However, if it were tight, I would simply re-route it under the triple clamp to the left. Would require disconnecting & re-connecting the clutch line but it doesn't look like a big deal. Might need to bleed it after doing this.

I have Moto Tech risers on my 07,,They do the same thing,,27 k miles,No problems yet,,,,,,You guys know that SB risers only go up,,Moto Tech go up and back,,And about 1/2 the price !!!!

According to Suburban Machinery's website their kit repositions the handlebars .894" up and .447" back. I'm more interested in up than back. Additionally, I have the Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit, so I'd like the risers to match (admittedly I'm probably the only one that will know that, but WTF!).

According to Suburban Machinery's website their kit repositions the handlebars .894" up and .447" back. I'm more interested in up than back. Additionally, I have the Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit, so I'd like the risers to match (admittedly I'm probably the only one that will know that, but WTF!).
You rich guy's,Hell my socks dont even match 1/2 the time :rofl:
I have Moto Tech risers on my 07,,They do the same thing,,27 k miles,No problems yet,,,,,,You guys know that SB risers only go up,,Moto Tech go up and back,,And about 1/2 the price !!!!

Tim, is that Moto Tech or SW-MOTECH? I am familiar with the SW-MOTECH (nice product) but not with the Moto Tech..

Twisty

Tim, is that Moto Tech or SW-MOTECH? I am familiar with the SW-MOTECH (nice product) but not with the Moto Tech..

Twisty

Thats it,,Me bad
Nice n Easy Rider
You rich guy's,Hell my socks dont even match 1/2 the time :rofl:

And I'll betcha that even when they do they don't match your underwear, do they? :dopeslap:

Archived