IGNORED

Christmas Gift Idea

Albert

Mrs. A and I are scaling back on gift giving this season (like so many others I'm sure). Rather than do nothing though, we decided to get one or two "small" gifts for each other just so there's something to open Christmas morning. I'm usually lousy at finding gifts, but this year I'm really stumped. I'll probably look for something in the 50 to 100 dollar range. I'm not sure if anyone makes a decent vacuum in that range or not (stop typing I'm kidding :grin:) Anybody have any ideas?

Mrs. A and I are scaling back on gift giving this season (like so many others I'm sure). Rather than do nothing though, we decided to get one or two "small" gifts for each other just so there's something to open Christmas morning. I'm usually lousy at finding gifts, but this year I'm really stumped. I'll probably look for something in the 50 to 100 dollar range. I'm not sure if anyone makes a decent vacuum in that range or not (stop typing I'm kidding :grin:) Anybody have any ideas?

Not knowing Mrs. Albert, I'd not that, for 99.986% of the world's women, jewelry is the answer. In the range of $50-$100, you could go to an antique store and find a unique piece of costume jewelry with a "story."

Give the gift of capitalism: a C-Note will almost get you a controlling interest in GM, AIG, CitiGroup ... :smirk:

+1 on a massage from a good CMT. Beware that she's likely to want to go more frequently, which won't help on the frugality front.

A gift certificate for something that is usually only an occasional indulgence (extravagant dinner, a show, Steelers playoff game) is usually much appreciated.

There are a lot of stores closing their doors due to the lousy economy...not sure if you have Mervyns, Linens N Things, or Circuit City around where you live, but you can get some real bargains in there right now. Mervyns was selling fine jewelry for 70% off when I was in there the other day. $30 bucks for diamond stud earrings aint bad!

Good luck!

this is a lot smaller than it looks..

V261541_092.jpg

she'll love it.

I'd have to say that would be a great gift for HER to get him... it might not be for HIM to get her... I'm just saying

For extra effect, wrap it in one of The Onion's gag gift boxes.

I just finished a particularly stressful/aggravating day at work, but that link is helping to put it all behind me. Funny stuff! Thanks.

Jay

A day spa gift certificate is sure to please. They typically offer different packages and pricing from which to choose. A decent vacuum is going to cost you at least $150-$200.

I agree with 90% angel. The stores she mentioned are practically giving stuff away. BTW, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I have asked everyone I know to polease not send me any christmas gifts this year. Apparently Its working, damn, me and my big mouth.

Here is what i would get Mrs A.

I would do a gift exchange, buttttttt, hold on.

It should be a gift that you each actually make for each other.

Sit down at the coffee table and you each write on a piece of paper what you would like to have made for a christmas gift.

Then you each do your best to make it and make each other happy.

Merry Christmas Albert

I have asked everyone I know to polease not send me any christmas gifts this year. Apparently Its working, damn, me and my big mouth.

Here is what i would get Mrs A.

I would do a gift exchange, buttttttt, hold on.

It should be a gift that you each actually make for each other.

Sit down at the coffee table and you each write on a piece of paper what you would like to have made for a christmas gift.

Then you each do your best to make it and make each other happy.

Merry Christmas Albert

Thanks but I don't think I'll be able to finish the Mercedes SLK 300 before Christmas. :rofl:

But what would the three of us talk about?? :grin:

V261541_092.jpg

she'll love it.

I'd have to say that would be a great gift for HER to get him... it might not be for HIM to get her... I'm just saying

How about a Handy lift. You can borrow it when she is not using for a craft table or such. If she doesn't like it I'm sure you could throw a small mattress on it and use if for a bed if needed. :dopeslap:

But what would the three of us talk about?? :grin:

V261541_092.jpg

she'll love it.

Why does that outfit look like it would be itchy and not worn very long?

Archived