IGNORED

Interesting Comment...

FLTRI

In an eBay auction for a 2008 RT. Cut-n-paste as follows:

Vehicle Description

I am selling my Blue 2008 BMW R 1200 RT ABS with electronic suspension adjustment system, cruise control, heated grips, heated rider and passenger seat, on board computer, accessory socket. I am the original owner. I purchased the bike new at Destination Motorcyles in Knoxville, TN in Ocotober, 2008 so almost all of the 3 year BMW transferrable warranty is left. Never dropped, no damage, no scratches, its in perfect condition. Gargae kept. I love this bike but not having a BMW dealer close by is a pain in the butt so it has to go.

1. Doing your own wrenching takes time you may not have. I do the simple things but the complex, time consuming ones I let the dealer do.

2. You need the dealer for warranty work.

Yeah I can see how it would be a pain in the ass. It's not like you can take these bikes in to any garage.

Sounds better than saying his wife won’t let him keep it,, or it is too high for him,, or it is too heavy for him,, or he can’t make the payments.. Lots of BMW owners live a long ways from a dealer..

Twisty

$13,500 with no bids for a bike with 400 miles on it with 2 hours of bidding left is not a bad price at all. I would love to have it. Do I hear any offers for a RED 2005 RT w/33K miles on it? :grin: And yes, I will certainly do the maintenance on it.

Nice n Easy Rider
$13,500 with no bids for a bike with 400 miles on it with 2 hours of bidding left is not a bad price at all. I would love to have it. Do I hear any offers for a RED 2005 RT w/33K miles on it? :grin: And yes, I will certainly do the maintenance on it.

I'm sorry but I can't believe someone would part with their bike after only 400 miles on it because there isn't a dealer close by. Where did he get the bike to start with? You don't get exasperated riding back to the dealer before you've even gone for your 600 mile service. Sounds fishy to me.

If you look at the sellers buy/sell history, he sells a lot of bikes on Ebay. All feedback very positive. I was watching the bike. It went for $15,550. Someone got a pretty good deal.

Dave in Doodah

I agree - I got a good deal on my '03 from a good guy who panicked when the Wichita BMW dealer bit the dust and he quickly got tired of riding to KC for every service. But he was honest with me.

The lister was either full of crap or:

a) he would not have bought the bike in the first place, had he been relying on a dealer to take care of all the maintenance...

b) he does not know what he wants in the first place and is not man enough to say so.

Archived