IGNORED

...the Twilight Zone! ............ AZ desert 2008

Whip

Damn! I gotta win the lottery or something. I am missing way too much fun. I missed Jaqueline and Rich's tech day because of work. I missed Torrey because of work. I missed the Great Arizona fest because of work.

You missed possible serious injury because of work...

Lessee. It was Russell in Torrey, now Chris in AZ. Yep, this dual-sport thing is working out real well for us. :rofl:

Whip, how come you didn't include Howard on the memo that said the 'Stich was no longer the approved dual-sport uniform? The poor fellow must have felt so out of place!

Damn! I gotta win the lottery or something. I am missing way too much fun. I missed Jaqueline and Rich's tech day because of work. I missed Torrey because of work. I missed the Great Arizona fest because of work.

You missed possible serious injury because of work...

Lessee. It was Russell in Torrey, now Chris in AZ. Yep, this dual-sport thing is working out real well for us. :rofl:

Whip, how come you didn't include Howard on the memo that said the 'Stich was no longer the approved dual-sport uniform? The poor fellow must have felt so out of place!

My zipper blew up on my Stich......I was wearin JohnLT's 38 waist riding pants wrapped around my 31 inch waist. It worked.

I would much rather of had my Stich so Howard and I coulda showed em how to dress for crashing. A Stich just laughs at dirt and rocks.

:thumbsup:

I would much rather of had my Stich so Howard and I coulda showed em how to dress for crashing. A Stich just laughs at dirt and rocks.

Hmmm, I don't recall seein' riders wearin' a Stich in the Dakar Rally or Baja races.

Just sayin'. :lurk:

Hmmm, I don't recall seein' riders wearin' a Stich in the Dakar Rally or Baja races.

Just sayin'. :lurk:

Are those events in the middle of Winter????????

Just sayin

;)

I didn't even know we were rallying or racing.

Judging from the injuries & awards incurred, I was wondering. :grin:

Danny

I thought we were riding dirt bikes???????

If it was a fashion show I would have prepared different.

:eek:

Might need to change the date, I-10 was closed due to 4" of snow east of Lafayette. Here in Louisiana, we clear the roadways from snow by waiting for it to melt.

Might need to change the date, I-10 was closed due to 4" of snow east of Lafayette. Here in Louisiana, we clear the roadways from snow by waiting for it to melt.
:rofl:

You're having way too much fun. Worthy tale!

I have not laughed this hard in a long time, messed up foot notwithstanding -- hope that comes out good for Chris.

Thats awful. Now you are going to have to wait to get to the drive thru Daiquiri Shop!

Not at all, Bill. Better to be wearing a 'Stich and be riding off road than to not be wearing a 'Stich and be haulin' a horse trailer for the weekend. :grin:

Not at all, Bill. Better to be wearing a 'Stich and be riding off road than to not be wearing a 'Stich and be haulin' a horse trailer for the weekend. :grin:

That could leave a mark :eek:

Danny, you are welcome to trailer out next time. And you can still practice cornering on 1-10

While I appreciate the invite, somehow the math for trailering 2k miles for two days of dual-sporting just doesn't work out.

Mind you, two days of showing those goons a thing or two is certainly appealing. :grin:

It's the six days of a closed business that doesn't work.

Danny, you are welcome to trailer out next time. And you can still practice cornering on 1-10

While I appreciate the invite, somehow the math for trailering 2k miles for two days of dual-sporting just doesn't work out.

Mind you, two days of showing those goons a thing or two is certainly appealing. :grin:

It's the six days of a closed business that doesn't work.

Danny, Danny, Danny, such limited imagination. You put a cheap dirt bike out here somewhere like Bob's garage, and then you fly. 4 days of closed business will net you 3 days riding. Since two of those days are weekend, you really only lose two working days for three days riding. Now that's the ticket.

(hehehehe, we're going to get to show the flatlander rocks, cliffs and cacti needles... sardonic grin)

...flatlander...

Flatlander?!? DirtDOG.gif

For your information wiseguy, I grew up in N. Alabama, & rode observed trials in the N. Ga. & Carolina mountains for years.

Your rocks might be bigger, but nothin' I can't get over. :/

"rode observed trials "

I observed some trials in AZ.

....they was ugly too.

:dopeslap:

Whip, calling them trails is stretching it a bit.

Not trails.......trials

Whatever, I say Danny's made a boast and has got somthin' to prove. Lets shanghai his a** out here for the next one, put him on a bike and see for ourselves!

Owww!!! I was just watching out for your feelings, and then you got and throw that at me. And here I thought you were my friend!

You are, of course, absolutely right. But actually, I was skiing in Colorado, so I don't feel quite as bad about it as I might under other circumstances.

Not trails.......trials

Whatever, I say Danny's made a boast and has got somthin' to prove. Lets shanghai his a** out here for the next one, put him on a bike and see for ourselves!

You pay, & I'll play. :lurk:

Danny is all talk(really more excuses than talk even) and no ride when it comes to dirt riding West of the Mississippi. Sorta sad really as I would have enjoyed his company.

We had the KLR in the trailer for him already!

I think I'd have rather seen him on Chris' 690 Killing T. Machine, or maybe 50 Yard Phil's XC. Nobody ever comes off the KLR, that's just too easy. You know on second thought Bullett's Yamaha is sounding like just the right bike.

I think I'd have rather seen him on Chris' 690 Killing T. Machine, or maybe 50 Yard Phil's XC. Nobody ever comes off the KLR, that's just too easy. You know on second thought Bullett's Yamaha is sounding like just the right bike.

Or my 950 Adventure....which was very lonely after being ticketed for "Wasting Finite Resources"

:(

Or my 950 Adventure....which was very lonely after being ticketed for "Wasting Finite Resources"

:(

You sure about that, Whip?

180753343_ukJpS-L.jpg

Truth is, I'll ride any of 'em. Even Sharon's hapless little XT. :Cool:

In that case, I'll start saving my pennies for a plane ticket.

Yeah!!!! We get to watch Danny order hash browns that aren't brown again!!!!!

In that case, I'll start saving my pennies for a plane ticket.

Yeah!!!! We get to watch Danny order hash browns that aren't brown again!!!!!

Ha!!!

I done learnt THAT lesson. :/

Not trails.......trials

Be careful Jan, that dog will bite you.....

There Danny, I took up for you...

Merry Christmas!

Not trails.......trials

Be careful Jan, that dog will bite you.....

There Danny, I took up for you...

Merry Christmas!

Oh we know the SOB can ride. We're just working on getting him out here for some fun. We might let you come too, you know, if you ask really, really nice, lighten up a bit, and promise to bring Diane. Jamie wants to show her all the Torrey landmarks and such.

Edit: Oh, yeah, you almost slipped that by me. Now what we got here is a flatlander dog. I'm not sure Danny'll be thanking you so much for this one.

Whipster, great ride story and pics! But, why would you wanna sell your RV just because of a little ole' dead injector problem? Friend of mine bought a brand new Holiday Rambler 40 footer last year, and on his first trip to Yuma from S Cal lost his DRIVE TRAIN on the 8 going down the mountain east from SD. When the nice policeman stopped to see if he could help, he casually informed my friend if he didn't hike back up the mountain about a mile to pick up said drive shaft he'd cite him for littering!! So, it coulda been worse, huh?

We have the Vectra all packed up for a trip to Phoenix starting tomorrow, unfortunately no bikes, but the golf clubs are in there so we'll have something to do (if it doesn't storm there the way it has here the past week or so).

Let me know the next time you want to head west with the Rig, and we'll meet you somewhere. Havasu is pretty nice in Jan and Feb.

Merry Christmas to ALL!!

Hey Phil

It's great to hear from ya!!!!!

We could meet it Torrey?????

We could race RVs through "Sweeper Madness".

I've been practicing.

269312151_aGJiQ-L.jpg

Hey Phil

It's great to hear from ya!!!!!

We could meet it Torrey?????

We could race RVs through "Sweeper Madness".

I've been practicing.

269312151_aGJiQ-L.jpg

That's a really great shot Whip.

Chris' Killing T. Machine? I don't see the KTM as any more dangerous than Scotch. As the Baptist say, everything in moderation...

Chris' Killing T. Machine? I don't see the KTM as any more dangerous than Scotch. As the Baptist say, everything in moderation...

I can't say as I ever saw you break your foot with a Scotch. I sure as heck never saw Whip down on the ground from a Scotch. Jus' Sayin'. :)

Hey Chris,

That foot looked nasty in green, I sure hope it didn't hurt as much as I imagine it did.

Some McCallan neat will help healing, or will make you forget about pain, I forget which...

Get well soon.

I can't say as I ever saw you break your foot with a Scotch. I sure as heck never saw Whip down on the ground from a Scotch. Jus' Sayin'. :)

I ain't sayin nothin.

:eek:

Archived