IGNORED

Why doesn't Canada keep it's cold air?

Bud

I concur, Canada keep your air to yourself. :rofl: It is 40 degrees here at 7 am in SOCAL. So far the coldest day we have had this year. It is not even supposed to hit 60 degrees which is total blasphemy.

Not pointing the finger at any one member here, but together they should be able to keep that cold, Canadian air in Canada. :grin:

I don't know how you people do it!! My uncle lives near Buffalo NY. Always sends pics of his snow ins! Man it looks ugly.....that is why I visit in the summer only!

And some ask how I take the 115 here in AZ for a big part of the year. Maybe it is that acclimation factor.....keep your gerbings handy boys! :thumbsup:

hexairheadbeemerguy

Listen you guys (spoken in zat German accent) "We are your best friends, and you will like it, ya?" It is a burden for America alone to bear and that only Americans could bear. Recognize, and accept, that destiny chose your country, above all others, to meet and endure this challenge (ignore the accident of geography for the purpose of this missive). So as your best friends we recognize that we, as your best friends, and whether you like it or not, are duty and honor bound to share this over abundance with you. It is an obligation we accept, without hesitation, in order to be your best friends."

Our winters are a reason I've been told over the years at rallies down south, "Huh, you Canucks really are crazy!" Eh? :wave:

Cold air -- one of our many exports to the U.S....and we don't even ask you to pay us for it. But, we'll keep it here as long as you promise to keep your killer hurricanes, and the like, from moving north.

Not pointing the finger at any one member here, but together they should be able to keep that cold, Canadian air in Canada. :grin:

Just spreading the love.

-28°C (-18°F) in Edmonton, Alberta at the moment.

Just spreading the love.

Thanks for the love. But, we have enough for this winter. :wave:

Just spreading the love.

Looks like global "warming" is Canada's fault. :grin:

Prolly not much warmer in Kansas tonight. :lurk:

Joe Frickin' Friday
While we're at it, we can pretty much do without the Great Lakes and their damn "effect" as well.

Here in SE Michigan, the "lake effect" is not so much snow; instead, we get endlessly gray skies. At least in Seattle it's warm and rainy, here it's just...gray. For weeks on end.

While we're at it, we can pretty much do without the Great Lakes and their damn "effect" as well.

Here in SE Michigan, the "lake effect" is not so much snow; instead, we get endlessly gray skies. At least in Seattle it's warm and rainy, here it's just...gray. For weeks on end.

Correct Mitch, it was a balmy 19F here last night. That's much warmer than I remember from my Minnesota days.

where in the hell is Lake Effect in MI? I didn't see it on the map... :rofl:

Yep, and also the fact that Al Gore is making a movie with Michael Moore, based on the soon to be released book titled,

The Myth of Global Warming and How You can Prepare For the Coming Ice Age by Al Gore, inventor of the snowblower.

Well after a cold and windy day on Sunday the rain got here last night about 10 pm. 53F right now and a steady rain. The burn areas don't want to see this but we need every drop we can get.

I've heard that Canada's conversion to metric was because Celsius is not nearly as cold as Fahrenheit. :dopeslap:

In the UK where discussing the weather is a national sport; we use Fahrenheit for hot days and Celsius for cold ones, that way the weather seems more extreme - "It was 90 (°F) in the shade today!" or "The temperature dropped to -6 (°C) last night".

Andy

Joe Frickin' Friday
In the UK where discussing the weather is a national sport; we use Fahrenheit for hot days and Celsius for cold ones, that way the weather seems more extreme - "It was 90 (°F) in the shade today!" or "The temperature dropped to -6 (°C) last night".

When I was an undergrad in North Dakota, stating the temps in Celsius made it seem warmer...

When I was an undergrad in North Dakota, stating the temps in Celsius made it seem warmer...

as we know it's all in the exchange rate.

CoarsegoldKid

Maybe we need higher walls for a safer motherland. Close the door Canada. :rofl:

I've heard that Canada's conversion to metric was because Celsius is not nearly as cold as Fahrenheit. :dopeslap:

Andy

Ha, that's exactly what I do, I had no idea it was common.

Except at -40° where the two scales meet. :P

I don't miss the dreary, sunless MI winters. But on the positive note, all of those clouds and snow keep the average daily temp up. It's actually 1 degree colder in SE Iowa in January that SE Michigan. Clear, sunny days, means some of your heat escapes via infrared into outerspace. OTOH, it helps melt or sublimate the ice on the ground, so we don't have to use so much stinking salt.

Like Hannabe, I really enjoyed the 40F drop in 12 hours. I was jogging in short and a long sleeve shirt in the afternoon. This morning, it was 9F. We went from rain to sleet and ice ot snow in just a few hours. I smartly went outside around 8PM and scrapped the windows on my car while the glass was still above freezing (ice now stuck). This morning, all I had was white fluffy snow to wife off.

We do the same thing , we are expecting 27 C today ,it has been a cold start to summer .

However as soon as it reaches 100 F everyone forgets Celsius and even the weather forcasters descibe it as "115 on the old scale" to make it seem hotter.

We have had a really cold start to summer , we should be expecting nice warm days around the 32 C to 38 C in December and getting ready a sunny summer day for Christmas but we have only made 30 C on a couple of days.

We have actually had heaters on in December!!!

Just spreading the love.

Bet Kansas is looking pretty good right about now. :rofl:

Check back in August!

Just spreading the love.

Bet Kansas is looking pretty good right about now. :rofl:

Check back in August!

To see if the black flies are gone? :/

When KC is 105°F (40°C) and 95% and Edmonton is 72°F (22°C) and 30% and I’m loooooovin’ it!

When KC is 105°F (40°C) and 95% and Edmonton is 72°F (22°C) and 30% and I’m loooooovin’ it!

Well sure, it's easy to enjoy both weeks of summer in Canada... I mean, that's just vacation.

When it's 98 and 90% humidity, I just mix up a mojito (they're deadly, ask anyone who's had one!) and float in the pool. I don't see what the big deal is personally.

Hey, Matt and Ken: Are you taking your discussions on politics now to a discussion on weather? :grin:

It's easy. Visit Florida in January and Edmonton in August, but live in Maryland which does not get a Florida/Kansas summer or a Edmonton winter. Just like politics, I like the middle of the road. No extremes.

Except at -40° where the two scales meet. :P

And that is cold, no matter where you are. :wave:

...but live in Maryland which does not get a Florida/Kansas summer or a Edmonton winter.

Hey Paul!

I have never been so cold as when I lived along the Chesapeake Bay. That damp cold air just went right to the bone!

As to the middle, remember what Mark Twain said... "The only thing you find in the road is yellow lines and dead animals!" :rofl:

Hey, Matt and Ken: Are you taking your discussions on politics now to a discussion on weather? :grin:
Oh I suspect Matt and I could probably disagree on if the earth goes around the sun or visa-versa!
Oh I suspect Matt and I could probably disagree on if the earth goes around the sun or visa-versa!

only because you are perpetually wrong! :grin:

Now this has gone on long enough! I live out here in the desert, you know, tumble weeds, dry lake beds, sand and scrub brush. So right now there is this WHITE STUFF falling outta the sky! In the desert! This ain't right! Can we blame Canada for this? I'm kinda far south from there! And where's Al Gore in all of this?

My world is all wrong right now :eek:

Archived