Transmission fill?

CROPDUSTER

I just changed my trans fluid. I measured the amount indicated by BMW and found that it fills the trans to the top of the filler hole.

uhhh, could that be the bottom of the filler hole?

If not, you have some 'splainn to do.

Fill port? Do you mean the drain port at the 9 o'clock position, not the fill which is located behind the brake disc?

Mike, what bike are you referring to.. The transmission fill port (fill hole) is not behind the disk brake on the BMW motorcycle..

Twisty

I just changed my trans fluid. I measured the amount indicated by BMW and found that it fills the trans to the top of the filler hole.

uhhh, could that be the bottom of the filler hole?

If not, you have some 'splainn to do.

Doh, the top of the bottom of the filler hole.

Fill port? Do you mean the drain port at the 9 o'clock position, not the fill which is located behind the brake disc?

Mike, what bike are you referring to.. The transmission fill port (fill hole) is not behind the disk brake on the BMW motorcycle..

Twisty

Typing before morning coffee = brain fade. I was thinking final drive, not transmission. DOH!

On a previous post the poster detemined that you can fill the final drive to the BOTTOM of the fill hole (9 o'clock) which = the required amount. Filling thru the speed sensor is a major PITA.

It may be a PITA but reliable reports suggest that the specified volume of fluid is well above the hole. (That being either the top or the bottom).

If you fill only to the bottom of the drain hole you are low on lube. For emphasis, and clarity, we have shifted from tranny to final drive housing.

Archived