Big Bend Bash early announcement Mar. 27-29

johnlt

Mark your calendars for March 20-22 for the second annual Big Bend Bash. Location and lodging alternatives will be posted by the end of January but I wanted to get the calendar set. There is an excellent ride tale LINK from a member's Thanksgiving Big Bend adventure. Great pics also. This should keep the juices flowing because all should be ready by spring time for a great ride.

What's the weather like there during that time of the year?

Howdy ya'll.. Ya I'm the guy who posted the recent BBNP trip report ride tale.. Thanks for linking it! Between October and March the weather is perfect. In March we can expect highs in the 80s, lows in the 50s.. depending on what part of the park you're in - hotter in river/desert areas cooler in the mountains.

I went one time in April and it was -HOT-, and I'd never want to go there in the Summer.

If I can get away in March I'd love to head out there again. If so I'll probably camp in the Basin again. If enuf interested it might be good to try to reserve a group campground ASAP (spring break and all).

take care.. Allen

I'm seriously tempted. I will be retiring from full time work this coming Friday, and I hope finally to have some time to engage in stuff like this. I got my national parks pass at the end of September, and feel the itch to start visiting them.

I'm seriously tempted. I will be retiring from full time work this coming Friday, and I hope finally to have some time to engage in stuff like this. I got my national parks pass at the end of September, and feel the itch to start visiting them.

Congratulations!

Seriously you gota go then! Put that park pass to work head out to Big Bend, then go up to Guadalupe Mtn, then Carlsbad Caverns.. all pretty close together. You'll love that road trip..

take care.. Allen

all pretty close together. You'll love that road trip..

take care.. Allen

"pretty close" with a west Texas perspective. It's the equallevent to crossing 5 states in the east!

Deb and I are IN !!!!

And a "Heads up"....if you would like to use the Indian Lodge in Fort Davis State Park or the Chisos Mountain Lodge in BBNP as the primary site you had better book VERY EARLY..like NOW!... to ensure rooms!

BTW - The Indian Lodge has been refurbished and is a really great place to stay. We just got back from there and I asked about bike parties and they do have a section of rooms where you can park your bikes right outside and nice meeting rooms available.

Also, plenty of room for anyone trailering their bike too...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was just informed that the tentative dates of the 20-22 March are in the "spring break" window for most of the universities in Texas (and also A&M) so I'm slipping it to the following weekend so the date is March 27th-29th. Mark your calanders. Sorry about the change but BB is a busy place during Texas Spring Break so this will be much better for all of us. I'll get the hotel identified within the next couple weeks.

Look out all, he's back..... :eek:

I have been working my tail off getting my new venture off the ground. I should finally be able to get away and I am ready, willing and hopefully able to ride again... :clap:

I will be on a different steed this year, bought an ST1300....love that power :)

Hope to see many of the great people I met at Torrey and the Hill Country ride. Really looking forward to this.

AdventurePoser

Dang! Missed it by that much..our spring break is week of April 6. You kids have fun. I should have been born independently wealthy. This working Mon-Fri can be a real ride killer at times! :dopeslap:

Steve

Dang! Missed it by that much..our spring break is week of April 6. You kids have fun. I should have been born independently wealthy. This working Mon-Fri can be a real ride killer at times! :dopeslap:

Steve

This is exactly why asst. principals are hired. :thumbsup:

Steve

That Lawman always has the answers

AdventurePoser

Don't I wish.... :dopeslap: One week later and I could be hip deep in TX BBQ.

Cheers,

Steve

Archived