IGNORED

Dees is how I weesh I coulda ride-ah......

Huzband

I don't know what's better listening to him talk or watchin him ride.

.....BTW you could prolly get a good deal and a few year old R1 for trackdays.

:grin:

Somehow I don't think my first track bike should be a liter in-line four.

I keep having visions of "over-cooked it into turn so-&-so". :P

Edit;

I know!

I'll teach you how to ride a dirt bike if you'll teach me how to ride a track bike. Really. :thumbsup:

Had the same thought about the music..I mean engine sound. I think this may have something to do with it.

Copied from Motorcycle daily

"Do you think Valentino Rossi rides a "big bang" engine? He does not. The Yamaha M1 MotoGP bike has a crank that places each connecting rod 90 degrees from the next (firing at 270°, 180°, 90° and 180°). This virtually eliminates inertial crankshaft torque, which aides both power delivery and traction. Yamaha claims the new R1 combines "the low-rpm torquey feel of a twin with the raw, high-rpm power of an inline 4."

Pat

russell_bynum
Man that new motor sounds KILLER!!!

Ya think that's the real sound???????

Yeah. Superbike Planet had a video of it on the Dyno a while back...it sounds like a slightly muted version of the M1 GP bike.

I think sounds like crap, especially compared to a Ducati!

No, an RT sounds like crap, compared to just about anything.

Except a Prius.

.....wHA???? I thought that's why you bought the RT was for the sound, O'Danny-boy.??! [[ :) ]]

Yeah, right. I gave up the Futura cuz I couldn't stand the visceral, heart-throbbing sound. :grin:

Danny, check this VID, came from the Tiger 1050 forum. It is a Tiger 1050 riden on street tires and stock suspension by experienced rider. BUT the real bike is the camera bike following or leading, I don't know what it is but seems he is having the most fun. Maybe one of you can identify the camera bike.

Tiger 1050 Track day

Danny, check this VID, came from the Tiger 1050 forum. It is a Tiger 1050 riden on street tires and stock suspension by experienced rider. BUT the real bike is the camera bike following or leading, I don't know what it is but seems he is having the most fun. Maybe one of you can identify the camera bike.

Tiger 1050 Track day

From the video page:

"filmed by Galen of OnTrackVideo.com (riding a GSXR-1000)" :wave:

Duh, thanks Bud. No wonder he was playing with him like a toy.

Now, that is a fun way to make money, ride tracks and video people and sell videos to them and their friends.

The sample video on his website is cool also, this guy is making him work, and I think he clipped that rubber lane marker, ouch.

Ontrackvideo.com

Archived