Okay, men. You've been warned...

John Ranalletta

Lissen up, you brain-dead trolls who haven't figured it out yet; here's the rule: Don't EVER give your wife/girlfriend anything that has a cord or a handle. Even if she says she really wants that salad shooter (for sad example), DON'T BELIEVE HER. It's just a test if he says that.

Clothes are not a good bet, either, unless you're feeling like a riverboat gambler. God help you if you get her a new pair of expensive slacks and they are a size 8 and she wears a 6. And the opposite is nearly as bad.

She'll respond best to something sparkly or shiny, and I don't mean a new set of stainless steel mixing bowls.

Pilgrim

Usually, but I know at least one who appreciates getting riding gear and appliances.

Of course the obligatory diamonds for the first 25 years helps.

.....Clothes are not a good bet, either, unless you're feeling like a riverboat gambler. God help you if you get her a new pair of expensive slacks and they are a size 8 and she wears a 6. ......

It wasn't slacks, it was a dress that I had the sales girl try on but she wasn't the same size, very close though

Been there - done that :dopeslap::clap:

John Ranalletta
.....Clothes are not a good bet, either, unless you're feeling like a riverboat gambler. God help you if you get her a new pair of expensive slacks and they are a size 8 and she wears a 6. ......

It was slacks, it was a dress that I had the sales girl try on but she wasn't the same

Maybe you shouldn't have gone into the changing room with the sales girl...

It was slacks, it was a dress that I had the sales girl try on but she wasn't the same

Maybe you shouldn't have gone into the changing room with the sales girl...

Now you tell me!

I'm probably the only guy you know that gave his wife an electric mixer for Christmas and not only got away with it but got a big kiss and a hug for it. Of course it was a BIG MIXER

Well, something in your house has to be big...

Donna and I solved this quandary early on. Each of us maintains (ongoing, all year long) a ‘gift wish list’ file. “Ken’s Gift Ideas”, “Donna’s Gift Ideas.” Into which goes ad clippings, printouts, URLs, etc. of desires. (To give credit where credit is due, it was her idea orginally.)

Then when one of us wants to buy the other a gift, regardless of occasion (or for no occasion), we go to the other’s file and pick out something(s).

The element of surprise is still there because we don’t know what when, only that it will be something we actually want.

The only goof I’ve ever made was when I bought her something (a CD) and forgot to purge it from the file, then a couple of years later bought her the same CD again. Lost a few points for that one.

Dave McReynolds

The only goof I’ve ever made was when I bought her something (a CD) and forgot to purge it from the file, then a couple of years later bought her the same CD again. Lost a few points for that one.

Did something similar. Had a father-in-law who was attracted to sentimental, new-age type books. Received a number of them from him over the years. Later on, I felt that my bookcases were becomming overrun, and needed to prune, so I threw out some books and gave away others. Mentioned to my wife, "these are the kind of books Vic likes; maybe we should give them to him," which she thought was a good idea. Of course, when we gave them to him and he opened a couple of them, inside the front cover were the personal notes he had written to either my wife or me when he had given them to us on earlier occasions....

Oh, give me a break... I gave my wife a vacuum for Christmas one year - the "girls" at work were horrified, but she loved it.

Of course, it was a Roomba - which is a vac that does all the work. It's still going strong today. (That reminds me - I ought to run it...)

G

I'm probably the only guy you know that gave his wife an electric mixer for Christmas and not only got away with it but got a big kiss and a hug for it. Of course it was a BIG MIXER

Well, something in your house has to be big...

Come on now Matt, you can do better than that. I would have to classify that one as pretty lame as short jokes go. Besides I heard that one a looooooooooong time ago.

Harry_Wilshusen
She'll respond best to something sparkly or shiny. . .

A set of Samson duals?

I was thinking more like this

And she'll probably use it immediately.

Ouch! This year she's giving me a dryer and I'm giving her a washing machine. The new chest of drawers for her probably doesn't count as a present, however.

Guess we both fail in the romance department. Maybe I've been riding a motorcycle too long to be romantic.

russell_bynum
She'll respond best to something sparkly or shiny. . .

I was thinking more like this

And she'll probably use it immediately.

Actually, probably not. I just remembered she prefers rubber grips instead of wood. No problem....stocking stuffers from Hogue. :Cool:

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones: If I ever gave jewelry, flowers or some other girly thing, Heidi would wonder who is trying to impersonate me, or she'd be checking my cranium for bullet holes. She's way more likely to want something with tires, wires, horsepower, explosions, or accessories for such things. For her birthday this year, I gave her a Sawzall -- because she wanted it bad enough to start whining whenever we were near a hardware store. And she loved it.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones: If I ever gave jewelry, flowers or some other girly thing, Heidi would wonder who is trying to impersonate me, or she'd be checking my cranium for bullet holes. She's way more likely to want something with tires, wires, horsepower, explosions, or accessories for such things. For her birthday this year, I gave her a Sawzall -- because she wanted it bad enough to start whining whenever we were near a hardware store. And she loved it.

You are a truly lucky man!

My favorite store is the world is a tool or hardware store.

For last christmas I got her a dremel tool kit with all the bells and whistles. This year she said she wants money.

So thats what Ill give her. Personally I think tools are more interesting. I figured what could be more exciting than just having me. Apparently there are more exciting things in the world. Go figure. I am looking into buying some goats for the big back yard. This is something she has always wanted. She loves animals and she treats sick animals from all over the place with special medicinal herbs that she makes herself.

Archived