IGNORED

Creepy creatures

OoPEZoO

Yeee Haaa...that is some immensely wild stuff.

I find your rubber chicken much more comforting. :rofl:

Thanks for sharing though, that was really cool!

We have a group of scientists who are trying to "clone" or recreate a thylacine from some specimens that have been kept.

I think they are a great looking animal and it's sad we killed them all though there are still regular "sighting" of tracks and the odd "animal" but still no proof. It may still be possible that they exist , some parts of Tasmania are very difficult country , but I think that are extinct.

If you want to be "creeped out" by an animal , spend a night in a tent with a couple of Tasmanian Devils fighting , breeding , fighting ,eating and fighting outside your tent , even though you know what they are the sound they make really keeps you awake. I am sure the sound they make was part of the reason for calling them devils .

On a fishing trip to Balls Pyramid just off Lord Howe Island {didn't see any phasmids as landing on the rock is extremely difficult ,just cliffs straight out of the water}, we pulled in a couple of kingfish that had been bitten by cookie cutter sharks , I had never seen this before but the shark takes a bite out of the fish ,just like you had cut a cookie / scone out of some pastry.

They are only small , about 1.2 metres in length , and their mouth extends like the japanese shark . It was hot and we were going to jump in for a swim as they are not dangerous to humans apparently but a couple of reasonably large makos turning up meant we just doused our selves with buckets of sea water on the deck.

Absolutely unbelievable fishing as the waters are so rich , I pulled in a 45 kilo yellowfin and my goddaughter landed a 22 kilo kingfish. We spent hours just tagging and releasing but kept enough to feed our families and some back on the island for a couple of days .

We are blessed with having many creepie crawlies that terrify most visitors.

Joe Frickin' Friday
If you want to be "creeped out" by an animal , spend a night in a tent with a couple of Tasmanian Devils fighting , breeding , fighting ,eating and fighting outside your tent , even though you know what they are the sound they make really keeps you awake. I am sure the sound they make was part of the reason for calling them devils .

Saw a show once semi-documentary, semi-comedy - on which a couple of guys were standing next to a group of devils which were chewing on a dead animal. One of the guys lifted the still-attached head of the prey animal and moved it around a bit, making it seem as if it was alive; one of the devils was convinced, and with extreme intensity/hostility began trying to "kill" the reanimated prey animal again. Kinda funny.

On a fishing trip to Balls Pyramid just off Lord Howe Island {didn't see any phasmids as landing on the rock is extremely difficult ,just cliffs straight out of the water}, we pulled in a couple of kingfish that had been bitten by cookie cutter sharks , I had never seen this before but the shark takes a bite out of the fish ,just like you had cut a cookie / scone out of some pastry.

They are only small , about 1.2 metres in length , and their mouth extends like the japanese shark .

CC sharks have been known to take chunks out of submarines. No, really.

Had a look at that site and the blue mark to the east of Australia is approximately where Lord Howe Island is , this site also says the cookie cutter sharks are only upto 50 cm long so we may have identified another type of shark as the cookie cutter , we thought they looked similar to school sharks but a lot darker in the skin colour.

The bite they take out of the flesh is a neat circle .

Probably lucky the makos turned up so we didn't go swimming after all!!

They would leave a very painful wound and enough blood to excite their bigger cousins.

Joe Frickin' Friday
They would leave a very painful wound and enough blood to excite their bigger cousins.

this site has a photo of a sonar dome with CC shark damage. This site has photos of the shark, including its unusual mouth shape.

You're right, they could probably do some serious damage to you in a hurry...

S H O R T I M A G I N E D

M O N O L O G U E S .

- - - -

A Candiru Issues an Apology

From Inside Your Urethra.

BY ISAAC ROOKS

- - - -

Oh, wow. You know, I've heard about this happening, but I guess I always thought it was just an urban legend.

I never really thought it could happen to me.

OK, first things first: I'm sorry.

No, seriously, I'm really sorry. If I could retract my spines and swim right back out, believe me, I would. But I can no more do that than I can stop and ask myself, "OK, you smell ammonia, but where is it coming from? Is that a fish's gill or is it a penis?" These things are just hardwired into me.

I realize that this whole thing is a massive inconvenience for you and that your day has basically been ruined. Even if you get some ice cream or something after this is over, it will still probably be the worst day of your life. But let's get one thing straight: no one is happy with the way this worked out. Do you think I want to be inside your penis? Do you think this is what all those millions of years of evolution have been building up to?

No.

This was all a huge misunderstanding.

Really, I'm the one who should be mad here. Seriously, you have to have heard about me. Would it have been that much effort to just hold it in for a few minutes? But, no, you had to go right away. How'd that work out for you?

Oh, quit crying. You're just embarrassing yourself. I mean, look at me. I'm taking this so much better than you and I'm the one with the real raw deal. When this is all over, you're going to have an amazing story, but this is it for me.

I'm going to die.

Not only that: I'm going to die inside your penis.

You just think about that.

- - - -

Archived