IGNORED

Fairing Fasteners Diagram (looking for link)

BlueTools

I recently ran across a diagram that shows which length screws go where on the RT. But now I can't find it in my bookmarks or saved files on my PC. Can anyone help with a link or posting a jpg? The fiche view on realoem or hammersly is helpful but not the one I remember.

Anton Largiader

Except the 1100RT came with long ones under the mirrors.

I've never understood the need for 20s around the footpeg plates, either. 16s have always fit. When I upgrade all of the bolts, I put 20s under the mirrors and 16s everywhere else (not counting the dash, that's not really a fairing screw).

I've never understood the need for 20s around the footpeg plates, either. 16s have always fit. When I upgrade all of the bolts, I put 20s under the mirrors and 16s everywhere else

I'm OK with 20s around the footpegs, but where they really need 20s is around the fuel tank. Specifically, those three screws on either side of the filler port that must go through two pieces of plastic plus some thickness of the fuel tank and finally into the embedded nut... all with precision German engineered tolerances of 0 +/- 0 mm!

I count 40 Screws, most of the after market kits contain 49, what am I missing?

Each fairing side has 13 screws:

3 - 20mm around footpegs

4 - 16mm in and around cylinder head recess area

3 - 16mm on top of fuel tank

1 - 12mm on rear of fuel tank underneath seat

1 - 16mm near oil coooler

1 - 20mm behind mirror

The belly pan uses an additional 4 16mm screws.

All told, 30 screws.

Archived