When Tech Daze in So. Cal?

Rob F.

thencamebronson

I'd host one but for a garage I have a storage shed and since I live on Ft Irwin it would be a huge hassle to get on post, plus it is a long way from anywhere. But I would like to go to one!

Maybe someone could host one the same day as Limecreek's in Austin and we could teleconference.

I've been kicking the idea of doing one sometime, however I'm up here in the high desert-Lancaster- and the nearest dealer- Browns in Pomona- is over an hour and a half from here. But we do have a local shop here that will mount tires for 19 bucks!

Gonna need some help though.

(some here will say I'm beyond help!)

:lurk:

Well if nobody else wants to do it I can. I live in Corona (not too far from Brown's) and I have a tire mounting set up. I have 90K miles on my RT and have done all my own work.

Dave

If there is some guru that will help/instruct with brake and clutch flushes I'm open just about any weekend.

Thanks for steping up. I'd be willing to help anyway needed. :clap::thumbsup:

If there is some guru that will help/instruct with brake and clutch flushes I'm open just about any weekend.

Thanks for steping up. I'd be willing to help anyway needed. :clap::thumbsup:

I have the funnel for the flushing of the ABS unit, so no problem there.

Well I can help with some instruction. I have done valves, fluid changes, and 2 or 3 brake bleeds. Hey, maybe I will do my brakes. It is just about time to bleed them.

Anybody want to throw out some dates to see who is available? I'm thinking the end of Jan or early Feb. Saturdays?

Anybody????????????

If we are going to do this lets get some dates on the books so we can see who wants to come.

Dave

The last formal SoCal Tech Day we held was the first Saturday of January 2007. I am free as far as I know Jan. or Feb. at this point. If you are hosting Dave, what works for you?

Okay, since nobody has said anything here is the deal. Jan 24 2009 at my house. Respond to this thread if you want to attend and what services you need done.

I have almost every tool known to man and can do pretty much any service on a RT. I also have a tire changer and a Marc Parnes balancer. :thumbsup:

I will provide food and drinks. If anybody can think of anything else lets hear it on this thread.

Dave

thencamebronson

Count me in as a definite maybe, 85% right now. Work can throw a curve sometimes! Want to replace rear drive seal, fuel filter, bleed ABS, adj valves and change all fluids. I can bring Twinmax, tools, and the accumulated misinformation of 15 years of self service. BTW, bike is a 94 RS, so the ABS bleed is somewhat easier.

IN, for a brake and clutch fluid flush.

Not much else needed so I would be willing to help with food prep or assist others with valves or TB syncs.

I can bring a spare Twinmax and feeler gauges.

Let me know of any other way I can help you set this up.

Okay, since nobody has said anything here is the deal. Jan 24 2009 at my house. Respond to this thread if you want to attend and what services you need done.

I have almost every tool known to man and can do pretty much any service on a RT. I also have a tire changer and a Marc Parnes balancer. :thumbsup:

I will provide food and drinks. If anybody can think of anything else lets hear it on this thread.

5 miles SSE of KAJO WHERE IS THIS??

Dave

I am in Corona near the 15 and the 91 interchange. KAJO is the Corona airport.

The address is 1309 Radcliffe circle Corona, Ca, 92881

As we get closer I can whip up a menu for eats.

Dave.

You can count me in. I just want to soak up the knowledge and learn a bit. My bike is an '08 and just had the 6K service done. I have some basic tools I can bring. Thanks for hosting. I'll look for the details as it gets closer.

IN!! Thanks for hosting Dave. If I was going to work on my bike it would be a 36K mile service, alternator belt, and brake flush. So I think I will wait to see if you need instructors before I decide to work on my bike. These gatherings are a bunch of fun and it is great to meet new people from the board. See you on Jan. 24th.

IN! As long as the Cajon Pass is decent.

I don't need to wrench on my bike but I'd like to come hang around and help out, soak up some know how, and hand out cheap advice. ;)

Thanks for doing this

Don J

Count me in Dave, thanks for hosting this. If I can bring some food,or tools let me know.

I did my 36k today,so I don't think I will need to do anything, but I would be willing to help out with what I know how to do.

I'm waaay past due for a brake fluid change (don't ask how waaay). Putting a date on a calendar will get me off my a$$ (in theory). Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thanks for offering your place for this, Dave.

Okay, so far it looks like mostly fluids and one altenator belt along with a rear seal.

This should be a lot of fun if it quits raining. :thumbsup:

Dave

Archived