IGNORED

How the West Was Won...Sorta

azkaisr

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Wow Chris! I had no idea it was that bad. Jan was sayin' that you were just a wuss. I guess I should have realized that when you let Whip run off with your new bike.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

I changed my mind and went with a Russell. Since I may never learn how to ride standing up, I thought I would get a really cushy one with suspension built in.

Oh yeah, I was just kidding about the Russell. I did get a Renazco Racing....

Not only that, I received a large package containing the boots from the Whip family today. There are enough different boots to wear a different one every day of the week. Now all I have to do is learn how to walk all over again...

I changed my mind and went with a Russell. Since I may never learn how to ride standing up, I thought I would get a really cushy one with suspension built in.

Oh yeah, I was just kidding about the Russell. I did get a Renazco Racing....

Not only that, I received a large package containing the boots from the Whip family today. There are enough different boots to wear a different one every day of the week. Now all I have to do is learn how to walk all over again...

You go, man!

Ok Chris, you're on the mend. You need to get a very detail rehab plan (by hour) so you can be in shape for the CD ride!! Lets get with it son!!

johnlt

462825498_cugfb-L.jpg

462825424_n7hnh-L.jpg

Am I the only one that sees a problem here???? The pictures look like a right foot to me.... the x-ray look like a left foot. Chris what did those doctors do to you? :eek:

Glad to see you are on the mend. :thumbsup:

Actually, I was standing on my head when they shot the x-ray.

The aircast that the Whips sent me is a godsend. I am so happy not to be on crutches anymore.

It allowed me to go to South Texas this weekend to harvest a hoofed rat. This will allow me to have some more jalapeno sausage made.

Life is good!

I started rehabbing this weekend by finally being able to walk unassisted in a semi upright position.

In two weeks, I will be in a regular shoe, but no running or riding motorcycles. So, I will probably start riding my bicycle. This will help me ride the MS150 from Houston to Austin. Beyond that, I am open to suggestions on how to rehabilitate!

432352077_ZNoJd-L.jpg

Speaking of Snook, Texas, my 15 year old daughter drove me up there today to drop off this years effort of ridding the Texas Hill Country of the dreaded road rats. Should have fresh sausage in about 2 weeks.

While there, I noticed they were selling Armadillo eggs. I always thought they were a Marsupial and didn't lay eggs.

Chris, I have an outstanding investment opportunity for you. It's a bridge located in the northeast and should make you a lot of money. Cheers,

My neighbor actually asked me to buy them for him. They are a jalapeno filled with cream cheese, wrapped in breakfast sausage, then that is wrapped in bacon.

I decided to try them and bought one for each of us, I will let you know how they are. With all the major food groups, I don't see how they can be bad!

• 3 weeks later...

Progress is being made. I lost weight yesterday.

I have one less screw in my body. I was a little loopy when I got home yesterday from my procedure so I don't know what happened to my "appliance". Don't get me wrong, I was petting anybody's hair or anything, I just went to sleep and slept the rest of the day away.

Now that I am getting closer to riding again, I thought of a question. Did anyone get GPS tracks from the rides that happened way back in December way out west?

Progress is being made. I lost weight yesterday.

I have one less screw in my body. I was a little loopy when I got home yesterday from my procedure so I don't know what happened to my "appliance". Don't get me wrong, I was petting anybody's hair or anything, I just went to sleep and slept the rest of the day away.

Now that I am getting closer to riding again, I thought of a question. Did anyone get GPS tracks from the rides that happened way back in December way out west?

Call the doc...get the screw.

:/

I talked to my lovely wife at lunch. She said we have it somewhere. They gave me a totebag with a throw blanket as a surgery party gift. She said it is probably in there.

When I find it I will take a picture of it so you can see the chunk of metal that was in my foot.

Here are some pictures of the screw in question. I will include the sworn affidavit when my dog returns from her morning walk with the neighbors.

481672202_JAdPy-L.jpg

I included a piece of today's local paper so there is no question about the age of these pictures.

481671790_dXAeo-XL.jpg

Notice the small teeth at the tip of the screw. I guess that is to help prevent it from backing out on it's own.

481672085_Ku7R9-L.jpg

**   Chris   **

One more picture, then I will let this thread slowly slip away...

483850554_j2xFR-XL.jpg

In one more week I should be back out of the boot and ready to start my rehabilitation. I know I can do it, they rehabilitate people every day in the Texas prisons.

With any luck I will see some of you in Alpine. Tom, come on down, don't let work get to you...

**   Chris   **
Wow Chris! I had no idea it was that bad. Jan was sayin' that you were just a wuss.

Jan is entirely correct, I am just a wuss. 30 years ago I wouldn't have let it bother me, I would have shoved my swollen foot into a tennis shoe and gone riding.

Also, 30 years ago, hell probably even 10 years ago, I would have been riding again by now.

Just to prove that I am still an idiot though, I am going to ride my bicycle from Houston to Austin three weekends after I am supposed to be healed. After not being on my bicycle since last years MS150...

**   Chris   **
Assuming this was an Aggie doctor, did you make sure he put the screw in the correct foot!!! :dopeslap:

I believe the doctor was a t-sip, but I could be wrong. It is really funny, they are real careful to make sure they are operating on the correct foot. I had two people ask me the same question. They both made their mark on the right foot to verify that was the correct foot.

When they put the screw in, it was pretty easy to pick out the right one. It was the one that was twice as big as the other one.

This time the only way you could really tell was the head of the screw trying to poke through the skin.

Originally Posted By: Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Wow Chris! I had no idea it was that bad. Jan was sayin' that you were just a wuss.

Jan is entirely correct, I am just a wuss.

I thought I was the one sayin' that thing did not look good, not good at all.

I can't believe you finished the ride, helped me pick up my bike several times, and held a good humor for the duration of the trip. You sure earned my respect! Glad you are on the downhill side of it finally. See ya in Alpine!

**   Chris   **
Originally Posted By: Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Jan is entirely correct, I am just a wuss.

I thought I was the one sayin' that thing did not look good, not good at all.

I can't believe you finished the ride, helped me pick up my bike several times, and held a good humor for the duration of the trip. You sure earned my respect! Glad you are on the downhill side of it finally. See ya in Alpine!

Now I just have to learn how to walk without looking like Festus!

Archived