IGNORED

I Pulled the Trigger...

sdkid

nice.

Looks like aftermarket seat and exhaust.

The tupperware screws don't look black like mine.

Those cases are a dark shiny black. Mine have never looked like that. I wonder how that was done -- armor-all maybe?

Enjoy the ride!

nice.

Looks like aftermarket seat and exhaust.

The tupperware screws don't look black like mine.

Those cases are a dark shiny black. Mine have never looked like that. I wonder how that was done -- armor-all maybe?

Enjoy the ride!

Yes-- that pic (from the seller of the bike) shows an extra seat-- I found the stock seat to be more comfortable and put it back on.

The exhaust is a Remus Titanium --- (spendy I guess ???)

I just went to Malcolm Smith Motorcycles (Riverside, CA) today and had a new front tire put on. I used a Bridgestone BattleAx, as was on the bike when I got it. The front that was on there wore VERY strangely. The BT is a composite tire with different material in the middle vs the sides. Well--the sides wore a LOT compared to the middle. The mechanic said he probably ran it on low tire pressure too long. Anyway--with a new tire it REALLY handled better!

As for the screws--not sure what to tell you. It looks like they USED to be black???

And the cases---yes--heavily doped up with armour-all.

I gotta say--the pictures just do NOT do that Titanium Silver paint any justice at all. I could not believe how beautiful that silver is when you are up close and personal with it.

Why is it just sitting there, don't you see that mountain in the background? There has to be a twisty somewhere over there. I've had my 03 RT for two seasons and it is the first bike I have ever owned that I haven't found a flaw that would justify a different bike. They are almost too good, enjoy.

OK--- Today I had some fun...

I went to the California DMV!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

I got to enjoy long lines with disturbingly aromatic people this afternoon! What Fun!!

I actually had a serious learning experience while there. In California, they put the ENGINE NUMBER on the title. Yes, the Engine Number. Well...just where in the hell IS the Engine Number? I LEARNED that I have to remove the Right-Side "tupperware" for the DMV dude to copy the Engine Number. There I am, sitting in the parking lot of the DMV with a little damned hex-key removing all those damned screws. :mad: I totally did not see that one coming, but I got that "fun" out of the way and I have my CA plates now.

On another note.... My battery was dead yesterday, or diminished enough not to start the girl up. Of course, this led to more "learnin'" for me, as I discovered how INACCESSIBLE the battery is. So...I got creative and disconnected the power connection to one of the 2 power ports. I used a piece of thick solid copper wire in the positive side of the connector, and then connected a low-amperage (under 2) battery charger to the copper wire and to the frame. It drew about 1.2 amps. I figured if people can power heated jackets through that power connection, I should be able to run some juice back through to the battery. After about 10 minutes, I fired her right up.

Now---was that OK, or was that Chapter One in "Stupid Rookie Gets Lucky"??? Hmmmmm...maybe this thread SHOULD have stayed in the 'Renchin Section... :)

Still getting used to the power and handling...very different from my old bike. :)

You know, you could just buy a plug-in for the accessory outlet and use it with the battery charger. I've been told that John Deere uses the same type of plug.

As far as stupid goes: I took five minutes to find my side stand after riding the bike home the first time.

On another note.... My battery was dead yesterday, or diminished enough not to start the girl up. Of course, this led to more "learnin'" for me, as I discovered how INACCESSIBLE the battery is. So...I got creative and disconnected the power connection to one of the 2 power ports. I used a piece of thick solid copper wire in the positive side of the connector, and then connected a low-amperage (under 2) battery charger to the copper wire and to the frame. It drew about 1.2 amps. I figured if people can power heated jackets through that power connection, I should be able to run some juice back through to the battery. After about 10 minutes, I fired her right up.

Now---was that OK, or was that Chapter One in "Stupid Rookie Gets Lucky"??? Hmmmmm...maybe this thread SHOULD have stayed in the 'Renchin Section... :)

On the 1100's, and I'm pretty sure 1150's, a battery tender will attach directly to the power port via a relatively inexpensive socket with no ill effects. No need to disconnect anything. The principle is the same as yours, it just may be easier.

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

when i got my bike i got wicked leg cramps cause the seat was too low on my first ride. had to go home and get the manual to figure out how to raise the seat!

what you need is a powerlet plug.

a powerlet to cigarette lighter 12" pigtail adapter came with my bike.

ever the cheapskate (i like to say 'efficiency expert') i cut the the pig tail in half and attached bullet connectors to the cut wires..

i then cut the alligator clips off the battery trickle charger and put bullet connectors. now i have a mix and match system - can plug the charger to the bike or to the car or can use the bikes side outlet for cigrarette lighter powered items.

the big bag of bullet connectors 10$ - cost more than the HF float charger 7$. supply chain economics at work.

keep up the good work

Dave in Doodah

Congratulations and nice choice. I am very pleased with my new-to-me '03. Good choice on signing up here, too - maybe you could add info to your profile - where do you ride? I see blue water, green grass and mountains so I am guessing you are not down the road from me in Kansas... :grin:

Edit: Duh - I see from subsequent posts that you are in CA. :Cool:

Enjoy. I came from riding a Concours and I enjoyed that. When I got my 04 RT, (silver), I doubled my summer mileage the first year as I just could not stop riding it. Since there is still no snow on the ground, I rode last weekend in 35 degree weather 'cause this bike is so much fun. The silver is nice and easy to keep clean but I do miss having a red bike.

I found the stock seat to be more comfortable and put it back on.

:rofl: Yooooo CRACK me up :rofl:

Uhhhhhh so I have a weird ass??? :? It really did feel better!

Archived