IGNORED

honda crf 100 vrs kawa KLX 125

randy

I am looking at upgrading my son's bike. here in atlanta I have two bikes I am looking at. both 2004 mint condition. one the Honda CRF 100, and the othere the Kawa KLX 125. just based on looking at both quickly and a short test ride, Dustin is liking the KLX slightly better, but really he would take either. He started on a honda CRF 70, then went to a KX 60. He has out grown the KX60 and we are ready to move up. right now we ride 90% trails and just a little on the pee wee track when it is empty. very small jumps.

so any wisdom from the groups before I pull the plug on Tuesday and get the Kawa?

Randy,

Both great bikes. Can't go wrong here. I see you already have a Yamaha. Have you considered the TTR 125? We have a 2004 big wheel electric start version (TTR125LE). It's an awesome playbike. There are no wrong answers here. See you at Durhamtown?

hutch

Perry, GA.

I don't know Dustin, so I'll throw this out there on a hunch.

What about stretching a bit & going for a CRF150? Lots of capability for upgrades, so it may last him longer than the other two.

I should have noted, dustin is 14 has been riding off and on for 3 years. He got the cluth down last year, and we have been riding the trail's at durhamtown and Anoia for about 3 months now. I looked at the 150, but Dustin is short, and the 125 puts him on his toes. Of course we do expect some growth. Let me look at 150 prices around here. I am guessing big price jump. 100 and 125 (used) run about 1,100.00 here in Atlanta right now.

I should have noted, dustin is 14 has been riding off and on for 3 years. He got the cluth down last year, and we have been riding the trail's at durhamtown and Anoia for about 3 months now. I looked at the 150, but Dustin is short, and the 125 puts him on his toes. Of course we do expect some growth. Let me look at 150 prices around here. I am guessing big price jump. 100 and 125 (used) run about 1,100.00 here in Atlanta right now.

I generally thought that most motocrossers can barely touch with even 1 foot/toe without sliding off the seat a little. You shouldn't be riding with your feet off the pegs anyway unless you're leaned into a turn and putting a foot out. If he ever looks to move up, a full on 250 endro or motocross machine will be even taller. I hate to see the kid hit a growth spurt in 6 months and the

"new" bike suddely feels a little small.

good point, and I am aware that most motocross riders can flat foot a bike. I am a rarity with a 36" inseam and can flat foot my 1994 250 2 stroke. Not really a problem if he outgrows the 125 KLX in a year, we will just sell it and buy another. I buy used and around 5 yeas old, these are 2004 models, and at least in Atlanta, the used bike market for 125 - 250 KTM, Husq, honda and Kawa is plentiful. so I can easily sell the 125 and move him up if needed. thanks to everyone for the information. just called the seller and will pick up the KLX tomorrow evening.

anyone need a really nice 1999 KX 60 :-)

Archived