IGNORED

Austin Texas Tech Daze - Jan. 17

Limecreek

Coco--bring 2 bottles of DOT 4 brake fluid--the small 12 oz bottles, and try to arrive with your tank close to empty.

Does the tank need to be removed to do a brake flush?

I dunno, Dave, I've got an '06. If you pop your seat off and can see the brake plumbing I guess you can leave the tank on...but it's absolutely no big deal to take it off.

Yep. Everyone should try to arrive close to empty...easier on the backs.

Is that true for all model years or just for those with servo assisted brakes?. It was my understanding that 07 and later RTs could be done just like any other conventional system.

If you're doing your service for the first time (like I did, last year) it might help to print out the maintenance schedule for your particular situation, whether it be the 6,000 mile or the annual, or both. You'll get a good sense of what's up, and check items off as you complete them.

You can find them here:

http://www.ascycles.com/bmw_motorcycle_service_and_maintenance_schedules.aspx

Is that true for all model years or just for those with servo assisted brakes?. It was my understanding that 07 and later RTs could be done just like any other conventional system.

Tank removal is required for the EVO system bikes with the electrical brake servo. Your '07 has the new generation intergal ABS.

You bleed the new system at the calipers and at the resevoirs through vacum extraction, however I believe (don't know for sure) the system can be bled manually.

Coco...I live in Bellaire and plan to go if I'm well. Been fighting the flu most of the week and hoping I will be well by the weekend...

Skywagon,I hope you get well so we can ride together...Let me know if you going,you can call me 281 922-4449,or send me a PM...

Coco--bring 2 bottles of DOT 4 brake fluid--the small 12 oz bottles, and try to arrive with your tank close to empty.

I'll do so.Also I'll bring some of my tools.....

I hope I wont catch the GT varius that you all spreding around to one another out there.

Forecast as of Monday

Saturday - Partly cloudy and highs in the mid 50's.

I'll have to fire up the chiminea in the driveway.

ag00355_.gif

Forecast update:

Saturday - Fog and drizzle in the early morning giving way to partly sunny skies, highs in the 60s.

This is our classic winter pattern when a warm front arrives after a strong cold front. The fog will make the roads slick in the morning so use caution getting here.

I can't make it Saturday.

I miss you meatheads.

Anyone gonna still be around on Sunday???????

We could meet somewhere and go for a ride.

Brad said he's in. I think I can twist Eddd's arm.

Anyone else???????

Hey there Greg. I hope you all have a good tech day. I'm in China on business. Turn a wrench for me!

Shawn

Will do Shawn! Hey, you aren't over there moving more manufacturing/design from us to them are you? :/

Greg, I'll be bringing along a new tire. If you'll tell me where to get them, I'll pick up a supply of wheel weights for you to keep.

Hell yes. As long as food is involved I will be there. On another note...... Say Mark....... what is up with that pink assed bike in your avatar.

Greg, I'll be bringing along a new tire. If you'll tell me where to get them, I'll pick up a supply of wheel weights for you to keep.

Don't worry about it. I have you covered.

Hell yes. As long as food is involved I will be there. On another note...... Say Mark....... what is up with that pink assed bike in your avatar.

As always, nice to hear from you, Steve :wave:.

I changed my avatar from The Twit because I can now drive a torque wrench with competence, a story you may not know. I was fooling around with Photoshop and a pic of an RT, and decided I liked the one you see, but the color on my original is reddish, not pink. However, now that I know you may not approve, I'll keep it.

I'd go with you guys Sunday, but I'm afraid I couldn't keep up.

As always, nice to hear from you, Steve :wave:.

I changed my avatar from The Twit because I can now drive a torque wrench with competence, a story you may not know. I was fooling around with Photoshop and a pic of an RT, and decided I liked the one you see, but the color on my original is reddish, not pink. However, now that I know you may not approve, I'll keep it.

I'd go with you guys Sunday, but I'm afraid I couldn't keep up.

I changed my mind, and now have a new, Perfectly Pink avatar.

No worries my friend..... any color you want. Oh ad BTW I am bringing you a big, fat ceegar for you to smoke, you can enjoy it while working that torque wrench.

Yeeha! Stephen

Hey Greg!

Looks like the planets are going to align and I'm gonna be able to attend.

Thought I was gonna have to work Sat but got a little Work Release Approval right here in my grubby little (sic) hand.

You still live at 2903 W.C. Drive?

Might be there a little later, like noon-30-ish... think Steve will help me do a 24k with brake flush and fuel filter change? Oh yea, you have a spare oil filter, oil, air filter, brake fluid, crush washers, and fresh air for my tires?

JUST KIDDING!!!!! STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE!

I don't need anything done, but I sure would like to visit and/or help if I'm not in the way.

Saturday then... Yeeehaaaaaaaa!

Stephen makes the number of attendees 24. This will be the biggest Austin Tech Daze turnout since we started holding them back in 2003. Should be fun!

td1.jpg

Last update:

Weather for Saturday - Partly Cloudy 60 degrees.

Garage opens at 8:00, coffee and doughnuts for breakfast and lunch served sometime after 12 noon.

Our house is open for use the entire time of the event, so please feel free to go in and relax and visit with Sandi and say hi to Gracie, the rat terrier and the other hounds. You can bring your gear inside and put it in the downstairs office if you like.

See you all tomorrow.

Deb and I are out :(

So, we'll have to see all y'all at the Big Bend Bash or, in the interim, if you come on down to ride the Texas Hill Country.

Be safe everyone..... :thumbsup:

Bradley_Gillie

I hate to say it, but I'm out also. I have to go out of town on Sunday and still have way too much to do, and two sick kids at home. It kills me to miss it. I hope everyone has a great time!

Lone_RT_rider
Hey there Greg. I hope you all have a good tech day. I'm in China on business. Turn a wrench for me!

Shawn

Will do Shawn! Hey, you aren't over there moving more manufacturing/design from us to them are you? :/

Nope, I can't take credit for that big transition. I believe that started with the Nixon administration. Hope you guys have a great day!

Shawn

Archived