Accent lighting? Ground lights? Anyone use on BMW?

dharnie

Wondering if you have any experience installing/using accent lights or ground lights on your BMW for "accent" or safety reasons and your opinion. I have the BMW RT & was wondering where to put them. They worked great on my cruiser. Not sure how or where they would fit because of the fairing?

Interesting. Haven't heard/seen people putting that kind of lighting on RTs.

Welcome to the board. Please fill out your profile, so we know where to go to see these lights in action. And to help, of course.

(Well, help eat your food and kibitz maybe!)

I added small led pods under both mirrors. They project light down the sides of the bike and on the ground near your feet at a stop. They're also visible from your blind sides and are connected to the turn signals so they flash with them.

1204081153.jpg

1204081152a.jpg

1204081152.jpg

P.S. They appear blue in the photos but are white in real life. They're also not quite as bright as the photos reflect - but just right. (camera phone)

Wondering if you have any experience installing/using accent lights or ground lights on your BMW for "accent" or safety reasons and your opinion. I have the BMW RT & was wondering where to put them. They worked great on my cruiser. Not sure how or where they would fit because of the fairing?

dharnie, unlike a lot of the cruiser riders a lot of us diehard BMW riders ride the snot out of our BMW’s & that includes all weather & riding on the upper limits of legal speeds.. The last thing I personally want to do is draw more attention to my motorcycle or myself..

Twisty

dharnie, unlike a lot of the cruiser riders a lot of us diehard BMW riders ride the snot out of our BMW’s & that includes all weather & riding on the upper limits of legal speeds.. The last thing I personally want to do is draw more attention to my motorcycle or myself..

Twisty

Of course we do all this while wearing day glow riding suits on bikes with HID lights and LED flashers. :dopeslap:

Twisty

Of course we do all this while wearing day glow riding suits on bikes with HID lights and LED flashers. :dopeslap:

Of course ATGATTWGT - All The Gear, All The Time, While Getting Ticketed. :rofl:

Didn't you mean....

dharnie, unlike a lot of the cruiser riders a lot of us diehard BMW riders ride the snot out of our BMW’s & that includes all weather & riding on above the upper limits of legal speeds.. The last thing I personally want to do is draw more attention to my motorcycle or myself..

Twisty

:grin:

Accent lighting? Sure, but only if you bag the shocks and add a sub-woofer. :grin:

Accent lighting? Sure, but only if you bag the shocks and add a sub-woofer. :grin:

Would I have to lose my fuzzy dice and chrome link bars too :rofl:

Just having a little fun.

I thought my head lamp was blown so I washed the lens to check.... no Its still working fine.

Its hard anuff to keep the motolights and Piaa 910's clean.

Just funnin ya dharnie.

At night my accent lights are a V-1, GPS. Satalite Radio, Gerbings heat trollor. Activation lights for Piaas and Motolights, plus my riding suit and side cases lights up like a Dodger Stadiam.

I think the ground lights are kind of cool looking. This is a group that is all about being seen for safety reasons and I think the ground lights certainly help in that regard. I'm not sure where you would mount them on an RT. I've had the thought of adding them to my bike.

I added LED's to my LT, but when I got my RT in 06, I did not. Unlike the cruisers wtih lots of chrome to reflect, BMWs, dont have a lot. Also, some states (I'm in CA), have specific laws against certian colors of lights and coloroed lights that face forward or can be seen from vehicles in front of you.

Here are a few PICs of the lights on my LT.

http://kc6tew.com/modifications/ltmods/accentlighting/PC160032.JPG

http://kc6tew.com/modifications/ltmods/accentlighting/PC160034.JPG

http://kc6tew.com/modifications/ltmods/accentlighting/ltlighting.html

Wahoo, I just ordered a lowering kit, neon lights,a stereo with 15" subwoofer, 5000 watt amp and drag pipes (chrome of course) and alot more chrome. I bought it on ebay as a kit called, "turn your beemer into a pimp ride". It comes with a free case of pimp juice. I would post a link but I think I got the last kit. There must be alot more BMW riders turning their ride into a pimp sled. Ho, ho, ho merry christmas. Now the three of you get on the bike.

Archived