Riding breeches

waylap

What brand and style of riding pants are good for a warmer climate? I'm looking for something not too pricey that has some reflective areas and good protection.

I saw a few BMW pairs at the dealer today but they didn't look like what I see most others wearing. The price didn't seem bad though at around $150 to $190.

I currently have a pair of FirstGear "Mesh-Tex 2.0" Mesh Pants. Link.

I previously had a pair of FirstGear HT Air 2.0 Mesh Overpants, which have full length leg zippers and a waterproof liner. They sacrificed themselves in a collision with a deer 14 months ago. They held up quite well in the crash (I had upgraded the knee armor with Aerostich hard-shell knee pads).

Overall, I prefer the Mesh-Tex pants, which fit me better. The only downside is that the leg zippers are only about 12" long, and I cannot pull the pants on over boots; first pants, then boots. FG is one of the few brands that offers both short and tall lengths, which is a big deal if your body parts are on either side of "normal".

I like them. Wish they had a little more color though or patches of reflective stuff. Do you wear those over jeans or just under garments?

I just got a pair of Olympia Ranger pants. I wear them over my jeans. Looks like they would be extremely water proof, but I have not tested this. Happy with them so far.

I'm in Georgia ... a little cooler than your climate.

I use Olympia Airglide. Mesh for pretty good ventilation. Add an evaporative vest for summer heat and a gerbings jacket for winter. Use the waterproof liners all winter for warmth + rain protection. In the warmer months I carry an inexpensive set of rain outerware that is easy on, easy off.

This gear, along with an assortment of thermal underwear, good socks and gloves, allows me to ride year round, protected, and in comfort.

Motoport Kevlar mesh pants. The best protection for your skin. Cost about $300.

+1 I like mine, in hot weather I wear bicycle shorts under them and in the cooler weather I wear jeans under them. They are also custom fit to your measurements.

I currently have a pair of FirstGear "Mesh-Tex 2.0" Mesh Pants. Link.

I previously had a pair of FirstGear HT Air 2.0 Mesh Overpants, which have full length leg zippers and a waterproof liner. They sacrificed themselves in a collision with a deer 14 months ago. They held up quite well in the crash (I had upgraded the knee armor with Aerostich hard-shell knee pads).

Overall, I prefer the Mesh-Tex pants, which fit me better. The only downside is that the leg zippers are only about 12" long, and I cannot pull the pants on over boots; first pants, then boots. FG is one of the few brands that offers both short and tall lengths, which is a big deal if your body parts are on either side of "normal".

Try slipping a plastic bag over your boots first, then slide the pants on.

Works every time.

I keep one in my saddlebags as it helps with rain overpants also. :thumbsup:

I have a pair of the Airglides and the Motoport mesh. The Airglides work as overpants or dedicated. The Airglides are great for the bucks, but the Motoport wins hands down if you're willing to spend the bucks and looking for dedicated pants.

Archived