IGNORED

Gleno - We haven't forgotten you.

swmckinley

I had arrived a work today early..... checked my email and then came here. I went to the Ride Home section and have spent the last two hours reading the memorials and watching the videos from February 2007. It really is amazing the family that we have here in this BBS. I sit here at my desk with tears in my eyes remembering my friend Gleno.

I think about Glen and Rodger (signman) every day. Two wonderful guys. I was very lucky to have been among their friends. Every visit to torrey will be bittersweet. All who knew them and torrey will understand. :cry:

Not a week goes by that I don't listen to Hannabone's rendition of Gleno Boy, or look at Lisa's beatiful video, or read Eric's hilarious account of the rental car incident at Laguna Seca. And now I have Rodger's memory in my heart as well. I worked closely with Rodger on signage for Mt. Gleno and the Glen McIntosh Memorial Highway. Rodger's generosity and caring never came through more clearly than when he was helping his fallen brother.

Steve, like you I only post about it once in a while because I think it's personal to only a few, and each of us should be left to our own to deal with it as best we can. But there is value in bringing it out every so often, so that we can recall these men and their love for us all, and ours for them.

Thank you for bringing this up. It DOES need public revisiting every now and then.

I did not have the fotune of meeting him. From all that I have read, it is evident that it was my loss.

But to lose a friend, be it by death, or attrition is painful.

I've experienced both, and dont look forward to next time. Altough I'm certain that it will become more frequent as we grow up in years.

Tomorrow is never promised...that is why I try and live for today. I think that in many ways we all do. Gleno seemed to fit that bill. For whatever reason he was taken will be a mystery. So for now, people like you Steve will keep the memories of him and others (heaven forbid) alive.

yA kNOW...Steve - it Is funny that you bring this to the table. 'cause I think I'm being toyed with by both of them.

My wife has a computer that is the joint one we use for getting online. I'm typing from it as I digitally speak now.

Once and a while we do backups and run adware tests and such and many of them demand a reboot of the system.

When that happens - and the screen comes back up after recycling through its paces, and you get back online - the blinkin' computer defaults to a particular ugle display color scheme and changes the font size etc exactly 4:40 after it comes back up.

It really bugs the crap outta both of us.

We've gotten very good at changing the screen wallpaper from pictures we've taken of things, ourselves, Silvie the Weim, etc.

Sometimes I'll throw up a cool motorbike from something I've found on the web and saved or someone's I liked and snapped a picture of.

Enter - Gleno --

So when I'm in that place (at least once a week) I'm in a file called "Motorbikes". there within that file are some wonderful pic's of me and Gleno...my fav is when the early birds got to Paonia, CO a day or two before the first "UN"...there's Gleno with his ankles blazing with red fire and an hand on my shoulder.

Everytime I see that pic I get misty and wonder "what if" - Sometimes the reminder is just as strong and the action.

He sees me - and I see him....just for a sec.

It warms my heart to know of the friendships I have made from the BBS.

Thanks for posting the thought of him//them, Steve.

We have 2 wonderful advocates in heaven praying for us here.

PAX :

I did not have the fotune of meeting him. From all that I have read, it is evident that it was my loss.

Glen never met you either. Even so, he would argue that his was the greater loss. That should tell you as much about him as I can put in two sentences.

Glen never met you either. Even so, he would argue that his was the greater loss. That should tell you as much about him as I can put in two sentences.

Nuf said... I get your point. People like that are few and far between.

I have a long way to go as a human being.

No, don't take it that negatively. If I came across that way, then I apologize. Your statement was fine. We've ALL lost because Glen's gone, whether we met him or not. But Gleno had a HUGE heart and he LOVED meeting new people. He'd make friends with you in three words, and with two of those he'd insulted you. He just had that special way about him. You could feel it when he shook your hand. It had laughter in it. And a wink. He always considered himself the luckier in making any new acquaintance or friend.

Dave in Doodah

I am new here, and never had the opportunity to met Gleno or Signman... in fact, I have never met any of you in person. But I have been riding and wrenching on a boxer for many years and only found this group when I had the chance to get a new RT this summer. It was a purely selfish motivation on my part that led me to find this group and, since then, I already have felt an attraction to many of the wonderful people that make up this community. This is based purely on the posts you all have made about these folks, the bikes, and yourselves... nothing more.

I never knew Gleno, but I dearly wish I could have met him. I never met Signman, but I feel like I have known him before - thanks to all of you. I do not wish to be disrespectful, but you have made him a very likeable, friendly, sage man in my eyes. I feel for all of you, and his family, for your loss.

I do not want to devalue what these wonderful people have meant to you and to all the others in their lives, but I just wanted to make the point that there are many more potential Glenos and Signmen in this wonderful biking community... and everywhere we travel in our day-to-day lives.... And I know that I will appreciate these people even more, thanks to all of you. I hope you do, too.

Thank you.

No, don't take it that negatively. If I came across that way, then I apologize. Your statement was fine. We've ALL lost because Glen's gone, whether we met him or not. But Gleno had a HUGE heart and he LOVED meeting new people. He'd make friends with you in three words, and with two of those he'd insulted you. He just had that special way about him. You could feel it when he shook your hand. It had laughter in it. And a wink. He always considered himself the luckier in making any new acquaintance or friend.

I did not take it negatively. Perhaps I came across that way. I’m sorry. I just felt that the need to be reserved in talking about someone I did not really know, and I did not want to tamper with somebody’s sensitivity by probing into a subject so intimate for so many.

I would be insane for me to attempt to measure up to any body. It just humbles me that so many people had so much affection for him. And I grasp your meaning and intent when you said that he'd consider it his loss.

Many of us go thru life pretending to be friendly and open hearted. We readily extend our hand to a lot of people, but we often fail to consider their plight, and if someone doesn't measure up to our standards, we just spit them out as a piece of gum that has lost its flavor, without stopping to think that perhaps that is when we should really attempt to be - not in our terms, but in theirs - the friend we claim to be, because that is when we are needed the most.

I, like a lot of people, I’m known by some of you; some of you think you know me, some of you don’t care to know about me, while others wish they hadn’t known me.

Gleno inspired love and respect from a lot of people. He clearly was a good human being. I humbly and sincerely state that I sense his way of being as an example I wish I could have witnessed in order to feed my efforts to cleanse my many faults.

That doesn't mean that I am ungrateful for what I have. I am lucky to be loved by many. Perhaps I regret not to have provided enough for some.

My mother passed away recently. I was most surprised at my feeling very much at ease with her passing. I felt she needed her rest, and I was relieved for her. She had done for me far more than I needed. I felt that she was concerned about leaving, and we talked about that often. In calming her, I probably acquiesced to the thought that it was more important for her to rest, than for me to have her.

People talked about her the same way people talk about Gleno. So if indeed there was that similarity, I there from draw a parallel and begin to imagine what he was like. Thus I experience a sense of loss without having tasted the acquaintance.

When we grieve, we mostly do it for our selves. We miss the Departed, and long for the healthy and nurturing feeling we had when in their company. We yearn for the goodness we tasted when we were close to them.

I often find myself laughing out loud when I remember some of the many funny and witty expressions and come-backs of my mother's. She was so funny, and loved life so much, that she'll be alive in me for as long as I can muster a thought about her, and in an alike manner, Gleno will be alive in you all as long as you can recall his memory.

No negativity, only an incomplete thought poorly expressed. But thank you very much for caring enough to explain. Your apology wasn’t necessary, but says much about you.

Polo...I'm sorry for the passing of your mother; just wanted to thank you for your well-spoken words. I hope I have the opportunity to meet you one day.

I wonder what Gleno and Roger are doing right now??????

I bet their laughin about somethin.

:lurk:

Rodger and Gleno are up there laughen about you spending the night in the Walmart Parking lot........

(btw, I miss them both as well).

I think about Glen and Rodger (signman) every day. Two wonderful guys. I was very lucky to have been among their friends. Every visit to torrey will be bittersweet. All who knew them and torrey will understand. :cry:

I never met either rider in person but I think of both of them, a lot. When Signman passed recently it really set me back so much so that it's one of the reasons I decided to put the RT up for sale. It was a temporary setback and I'm glad I didn't sell the RT but I still think of both of those guys and their families. It must be hard for all of them and for all of you who knew these men well especially at this time of year and my heart goes out to all.

Archived