IGNORED

Motorcycle Lift

Perlova

If that is the Kendon Cruiser lift, which I think it is, then the price is outstanding and you should snap one up. I just bought the same thing from the Canadian distributor, Universal Cycle, for just over $ 1K after shipping.

The lift is excellent for a home garage, because it stows away against a wall. It is not a really heavy duty lift, but I find its narrowness means you can slide up to your work very easily, without having to reach over a wide table. My brother's R1200C is on the lift at the moment, stripped down for a clutch replacement. I can't imagine the back strain we would have experienced without it.

Wow, will they ship to California? I've been wanting one of those for some time now because I can fit it in the garage when I'm not working on the bike. The problem with the HF and others is storage.

Sidmariner, does it seem stable with a bike on it? The base looks kind of narrow...

is the lifting piston manually or pneumatically controlled.

I had a manual lift and it was tiring to lift up - something to consider

This one looks nice and the price is very reasonable.

Just called them, they said it was manually operated hydraulic. They also said it was made specifically for them and that is the regular price.

It has to be a knockoff ( say China ) of the Kendon Lift. I have a friend who has the Kendon, got it on some special sale and he paid around $ 500 for it delivered to Illinois a year or so ago.

Just called them, they said it was manually operated hydraulic. They also said it was made specifically for them and that is the regular price.

I now have a Ranger Model RML 750HD 1650 capacity.

Can by actuated by hand or compressed air.

Came with a lot of extra features as in additonal side mounts for ATV use, also came free with a small scissor jack for transmissions and a wheel chock.

Here is the link - been very happy with it

http://www.rangerproducts.com/products/jacks-and-lifting/motorcycle-lifts/rml-750hd.php

It only weighs 150 pounds. Don't know if that is good or bad but seems a little thin to me. Unless that is Canadian pounds anyone know the conversion for that? :dopeslap:

It most definately a Chinese knock off. Princess Auto is the king (queen? ) of copying name brand tools......

However, for the occasional user, their products are outstanding. They also have a policy "The sale is never final until you are satisfied". I have returned product two years later because they came out with a better design, and they have no problem with it.

I'm going to go have a look at one of these lifts tomorrow. (if the have one on the floor).

Bradley_Gillie
It's only $298CDN (that about $1.50 USD..... :rofl:)

At the current exchange rate, it would be $237.70 US. If it's nice, ask if they ship to the US

...is the lift stable with a narrow base? So far, we've had no issues with stability.

Getting to the clutch on the 1200C required a lot of pushing and pulling, such as when taking off the wheel or pulling off the swing arm and transmission. At no point have I felt like the bike or lift was going to fall over.

Because the lift does not have a wide table, you will have to jury-rig a shelf when draining fluids or lifting off a transmission and you should also buy the narrow scissor jack that fits in the track to support the weight of the bike when you pull the rear wheel off.

I had a look at the lift this morning and it looks like it is pretty well built. It is sturdy enough with 8 steel rollers on the legs. The one on display was already broken (someone had unscrewed the hydraulic release screw all the way and fluid leaked out, so I was not able to try out the lift for smoothness. Nor could I test the effort in using the hydraulics since it is hand operated with a long lever.

The back section can be removed to get access to bottom of the bike to remove the rear wheel after supporting the bike by a scissor jack.

Overall its well worth the $289CDN.

I asked about shipping to the US but the person behind the counter did not know. She suggested a call to the Princess Auto order desk 1(800)-665-8685.

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

342 miles from St. Paul to thunder bay (there is a princess auto in TB) .

road trip! :)

come on up and spend some money :grin:

No need for the road trip. I called the 800 web site # and asked if they ship to US. There are two stores that do. One in Windsor Ont. Near the lake, and another store just north of the Windsor store in Sarna, Ont. The Windsor store I called @ 1-866-725-0028. The salesman said I would have to talk to Brian Luckit for shipping details. the listed weight is 155 lbs. Canada shipping he said was $.50 lb plus a $5.00 surcharge Canada only. Will have to inquire about rate to me in NY. The Sarna store # is the same except last # is 9 instead of an 8. I'd like one for my 1200C too.

Bob

Fightingpiper
342 miles from St. Paul to thunder bay (there is a princess auto in TB) .

road trip! :)

come on up and spend some money :grin:

That may be a trip worth taking..... :wave:

Bradley_Gillie

Thanks for checking on it Perlova, and for calling enfoman. I'll give them a call to see what it would take to get one to Fort Worth!

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

Hey southern dudes :Cool: - just a word of temperance - saw a guy recently on Kijiji (which is like Craigs list if you dont know it - sell and buy used items, looking to buy etc ) - he was looking for a used bike lift to buy but stated 'dont want no stinkin' Princess auto bike lift'.

So as the PA unit is not on special there is not a big hurry... you might want to have someone who has one of these give you a review before you buy and have it shipped all the way to ft.worth - might not be 'worth' it (hehe) ... dont forget a lot of times you do get what you pay for - price too good to be true, etc.... :thumbsup:

Hey southern dudes :Cool: - just a word of temperance - saw a guy recently on Kijiji (which is like Craigs list if you dont know it - sell and buy used items, looking to buy etc ) - he was looking for a used bike lift to buy but stated 'dont want no stinkin' Princess auto bike lift'.

So as the PA unit is not on special there is not a big hurry... you might want to have someone who has one of these give you a review before you buy and have it shipped all the way to ft.worth - might not be 'worth' it (hehe) ... dont forget a lot of times you do get what you pay for - price too good to be true, etc.... :thumbsup:

Your are absolutely correct. I love Princess Auto and shop there all the time. But I have returned as many items as I've kept.

In my case since I live 5 miles away, I would take a chance on this lift knowing that if the wheels fall off, I can return the whole thing at any time. Having seen this in person, It looks pretty good to me. But I would only use it occasionally to change the oil, brake pads, etc. I probably would not be tearing down the transmission, engine or final drive with or without a lift. Would I buy this and have it shipped to Ft. Worth sight unseen (my guess the cost would be $150)? Probably not.

• 2 years later...
If that is the Kendon Cruiser lift, which I think it is, then the price is outstanding and you should snap one up. I just bought the same thing from the Canadian distributor, Universal Cycle, for just over $ 1K after shipping.

Princess Auto certainly doesn't sell anything that is like the Kendon Cruiser lift.

I just ordered my Kendon Cruiser lift from Best Buy Auto for $552.95. When all is said and done it will cost me about $750 Canadian before GST (if they decide to charge me at the border). That includes shipping, exchange and cost of driving to the border and back. That's why I buy most of my stuff in the U.S. In Calgary it's $799 and then instead of shipping direct to me they ship it to there shop and and then charge me another $130 to send it back down south to Lethbridge. I end up saving a minimum of $180 picking it up in Sweetgrass which is about 85km from home.

Archived