IGNORED

F650GS (twin) accessory additions

Firefight911

There is a guy on the 800 forum that will be putting on the other model of the ROX (1" up and 1" back) Linky , wait and see what he says.

Due to the tight fit, if you move back you must move up also to make the clearance of the key area lock to lock.

P.S. Just read their warning with these risers they hit the raised area around the key.

• 2 weeks later...
Ya know, I'd like to see a pic of his first tricycle.

That boy can't have ANYTHING with wheels for more than a day without farkling it to death. :grin:

Back then he was into simple, tasteful, elegant, expensive.

nggshow_gNqQr_12.jpg

$2500 tricycle

Don't know what happened since then, must be the influence of (bad) peer pressure. :grin:

I've been following this thread and was curious on anyone's insight.

I just got 09 f650gs...put a couple hundred miles on it this weekend, but the question I have is the seat.

It is god awful! Ouch, ouch, and more ouch.

Any replacement seat suggestions?

Thank you,

Chris

Firefight911

I have my order in for a Renazco .

Very well put together seat. I am awaiting its arrival and will give a ride report after I've ridden it a bit. Prolly late April, early May as he is a busy guy right now.

Renazco?

Are you getting a suede or vinyl?

What was the basis for your decision on going with this company if you don't mind me asking?

Chris

Firefight911

Due to the contours within the seat design, true suede is not available. Trust me, I tried vehemently to get it in suede!!!!!! I am getting a faux suede instead.

Reason for this seat is that I have ridden them and love them. They work for me and they correct the seat angle which tends to roll you forward and also corrects the butt squirm I currently start to see after 100 to 150 miles on the stock seat set up.

I have heard good things about the Touratech seats as well though nothing first hand.

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the board. If you haven't, I'd suggest that you post an introduction in Motorcycle Talk. I;m sure you'll have fun and learn a lot here.

My wife, Bullett (Sharon), just shaved her seat with an electric carving knife and used a standard stapler to replace the cover. Results are not yet in as she hasn't ridden it since, but she did get the awful ridges on the sides down significantly, and contoured it a bit. I think it was a first, conservative pass. So there may be another go at it after she sees how it is.

It is so easy that it seems worth a try before spending money on something. The foam quality seems good.

roadscholar

Sargent's has been working on one for most of the Winter and should have it out pretty soon. Supposedly it will be similar to their KLR seat which I've found to be downright comfortable. The original GS seat is good for about one tankfull. Ouch is right.

I put over 500 miles in two days (F650GS low), didn't notice the seat, but it is not my bike. Wife (justjean) seems to like it fine, she does have the alaska sheepskin on it.

KingBiscuit

Hello all,

The wife just purchased a red, 09 F650GS with low fram/seat option. Due to weather and schedules, we won't take delivery on it until first or second week in April.

She's pretty excited.

Thanks for all the farkel info...the wife is already showing signs of farkel feaver.

Will post an update once we get the bike and she has some time in the saddle.

Dan

Will post an update once we get the bike and she has some time in the saddle.

Dan

Well, that would be a novelty.

So far, Phil has ridden Jamie's bike, & Dave has ridden Jeans.

Imagine a wife riding her own bike. What a concept! :grin:

I added a RAM ball to my mirror to hold my GPS. I will add a power cord to run the zumo off the accessory plug on the faux tank, but haven't decided how to mount the XM antenna. 484096418_VoZxZ-M.jpg

Just sucked it up and ordered a Starcom 1 Advance upgrade kit for the F-bike with associated cables for bike to bike, zumo and PTT. I'm pretty sure we have a cable that will fit the MP3 player (if I need it).

I haven't even got to try my new CeeBaileys screen. :(

Just ordered 8" Jesse Safari bags and pizza box in charcoal.

Like these:

PICT9.jpg

but dark grey.

Newb here, just picked up my 09 Silver F650 GS yesterday. WooHoo!

I'm seriously looking at the Jesse Safari's but have a question - on their website they mention a "muffler lowering kit"???

Theresa

Firefight911

The latest farkle arrived today after a 3 month back order.

Jamie installed it IMMEDIATELY!!!!

497621437_eMEpz-M.jpg

497622164_YsNBW-M.jpg

Suddenly she feels as though she IS Charley Boorman. Weird that!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, I don't want to be dropping it. Besides it is very well balanced it never feels tippy or anything it just is finicky taking off in certain situations for me..... :eek:

Jean, my wife (curbqueen) had that same issue when starting out. So we went to a parking lot and she spent about 30 minutes practicing the maneuver known as the "slow race" where you drag the rear brake while slipping the clutch in the friction zone and keeping the speed at a crawl (slow walking pace). This was all it took to give her the correct clutch feel & change her "enthusiasm" for wanting to fully engage the clutch too quickly when starting off. Have someone to walk along beside you while doing it, pacing you. It's also very good practice in throttle management. Enjoy the 650!

Good tip, still waiting on a new Avon Storm for the rear, she found a tack last monday on the way home from Big Bend.

• 3 weeks later...

A few pics to show the latest additions to the F658GS:

I picked up a CeeBailey's Eurodome windshield.

440234581_WXXRk-M.jpg

440239085_rTMjR-M.jpg

Then added some Barbusters handguards.

These two accessories had a conflict, so I trimmed the windshield with the band saw.

516300873_FVHYK-M.jpg

However on my ride last week-end, it seemed the windshield had an awful lot of flex.

Today, I added the BMW touring windshield brace, which fit perfectly with the CeeBaileys screen.

520847780_MCJaG-M.jpg

520848017_tKZrJ-M.jpg

520848481_UX8fq-M.jpg

Its supposed to rain tomorrow, but I'm hoping for a chance to check out the new brace and see what I think.

KingBiscuit

Hi Sharon,

How do you like the CeeBailey's shield? If you don't mind sharing, what's your height, buffeting, etc. The wife is starting to think she'd like a taller shield on her bike so we're starting to do some research. I'm kind of partial to Parabellum, but have not seen a report of them on a f650gs.

I'm assuming the brace is to stop flexing/vibration of the shield? How does that work and was it worth the money/effort?

Thanks,

Dan

I'm 5'2" tall with a 29-ish inseam (Jan just measured me at 31 1/8" from the top of the hip joint to the top of my head FWIW).

I have the 16" CeeBailey Eurodome. I think I could see over the 18", though. The 16" seems to put the air just over the top of my helmet. There was a bike with the BMW touring shield at the dealer the other day. My CB shield is a little bit wider than the BMW touring shield.

The extra brace was to reduce vibration and stress on the lower brace that is some sort of plastic. I was concerned the vibrations might cause it to crack at some point.

The taller brace significantly reduced the flexing I saw in the shield before I added it. I think it is worth it, YMMV.

• 3 weeks later...
Firefight911

If you plan on doing any off road with the F8 or F650GS's I would make sure you get something to protect the oil filter and oil/radiator cooling heat sink!!!

Jamie has one and it saved the day today!!!!

538974227_5EGzg-M.jpg

538974045_sEfpN-M.jpg

We had fun!!!!

538957387_UQG7n-M.jpg

538955993_aa74W-M.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well all of my farkles are GREAT the seat is questionable on long distances, just ordered the Corbin seat, I have had good luck with them in the past hope it works this time too! My Pelican cases are great, my crash bars and bar backs and windshield were great. Love my ride! Thanks honey for dressing it up for me! :thumbsup:

Archived