IGNORED

F650GS (twin) accessory additions

Firefight911

Finally had some time to add some stuff to Jamie's new fire engine, errr, F650GS.

Of course, there's his and hers seats.

427951530_LHhjJ-M.jpg

427951724_okocH-M.jpg

427951321_Bub9K-M.jpg

Rear luggage bracket and case.

427952503_gqRDT-M.jpg

427952097_HAiQ7-M.jpg

427952926_92JMm-M.jpg

427953342_PCVLX-M-1.jpg

427953509_gEpXA-M-1.jpg

A new BMW touring windscreen.

427954108_tmJN2-M.jpg

420889438_j2FNH-M.jpg

420882738_vkHix-M.jpg

427955025_kkBec-M-1.jpg

427955240_BnRnK-M-1.jpg

427955439_WkFws-M-1.jpg

Handguards.

427955729_9ZiMx-M.jpg

427956108_dWgVh-M.jpg

427955879_hMdvG-M.jpg

427956291_hWFN9-M.jpg

427956573_CStE9-M.jpg

All these items took less than 2 hours to install, start to finish.

The windscreen made a noticeable difference in the wind management arena. More detail to follow after a proper ride, etc.

Handguards will also be getting the spoilers added to them once they arrive.

When it is time to add the side cases, the existing grab rail will be changed out for one with the case attachment points. All very easy to accomplish.

Other items will be a BMW skid plate, Touratech oil filter and oil cooler guard, auxiliary lights, and the electrics to include Autocom, etc.

Once I dig in there, I'll add to this thread with them.

It's looking good!!!!

427954817_sEYtX-M.jpg

Oh yeah!! Forgot one other addition. errr, modification. For those who recall Her Hotness and her "scraping off the reflectors" incident, I already took care of them!!

427956739_2FNUw-M-1.jpg

427956887_aGmQB-M-1.jpg

Ya know, I'd like to see a pic of his first tricycle.

That boy can't have ANYTHING with wheels for more than a day without farkling it to death. :grin:

The handguards are made for busting brush and not wind it appears. I like that topcase and mount.

Yea, that's why the spoilers are on order. They are in their most horizontal/up position and they still don't have the coverage for wind protection Jamie is looking for.

These are the same guards as on my X Challenge though and most of us can attest to their worthy function off road though. :dopeslap::dopeslap:

You did an excellent job with the photos of the stages of additions and with the accessories for the bike! Jamie should be proud of you!!

BTW why couldn't you at least give the reflectors a chance??

RE: Reflectors:

In 1998 one of the reflectors on my HD came off when I had a slight scuffle with a mangy deer, so I took the other side off also. The next time I was at the dealer, the Service Manager asked why they weren't on there. After my explanation he told me that in an accident with a cage at night coming from the right or left, they (the other ins. co.) might claim I was a scawflaw and if I had had them on there they would have seen me in time and wouldn't have hit me, and got a reduced pay out. I put them back on. Just sayin.

BTW why couldn't you at least give the reflectors a chance??

Less evidence of crash damage.

230154393_Jf8et-L.jpg

:rofl:

Didn't something similar happen in Utah this fall? :lurk:

Maybe the new bike will need a new type of farkle.

Got home a bit earlier this evening from my Paramedic Refresher course and low and behold, there were two boxes on the front step just waiting for me, errrrr, I mean Jamie.

Went out to the garage and found that the Kathy's case liner bags, Touratech front nose beak, and the oil cooler/oil filter guard had arrived.

Here ya go -

430589368_yyKoF-M.jpg

430589460_DZkBU-M.jpg

430589545_GjMGz-M.jpg

430589642_EoB92-M.jpg

Jamie got home and said that the beak really finished the bike in the nose area.

Kathy's bags -

Really nice quality stuff. Expandable, just like the cases themselves. Nice mesh zipper pocket and extra zippered pockets to make this a very useful bag at a much less money outlay than the BMW bags. We got the side case inserts as well even though we don't yet have the side cases. They'll come later.

430588965_8i3zc-M.jpg

430589111_MFhvU-M.jpg

430589264_hts9C-M.jpg

Finally, the oil cooler/filter guard. These items stick out a bit in the vulnerable area right behind the front tire so a bit of protection was in order.

430589730_6nD9b-M.jpg

430594896_xJTi7-M.jpg

430595011_J2Y9p-M.jpg

430595120_CAs2W-M.jpg

430595229_MwP6T-M.jpg

I think we're down to electrics. Centech, comms, etc. More to follow!

Engine guards are now in place. Went with the Hepco & Becker brand. Very high quality and very simple to install.

432104634_W8xj9-M.jpg

432104755_2EHmW-M.jpg

432104893_4b5Hs-M.jpg

432105014_JVzZp-M.jpg

432105139_qpSWa-M.jpg

Phil, you're doing a great job on your new bike.

I'm still wondering though, what's Jamie gonna ride?

:lurk:

Shut it!!! I'm living vicariously through her bike 'til my new one(s) show up!

Just wondering if this one's for sale yet...

You're turning around more bikes than Marty Hill!!!! :eek:

Just wondering if this one's for sale yet...

You're turning around more bikes than Marty Hill!!!! :eek:

And ME!!! :eek:

...'til my new one(s) show up!

Please explain. :lurk:

K1300GT in red with all options. Everyone knows about this one.

The other one? I ain't sayin'. Anyway, it's predicated on the X going away. Short list candidates include Ducati, Aprilia, Triumph, and, of course, another BMW.

I put the spoilers on the handguards last night as well. Again, very simple installation. Also, I ordered the GPS mount and bracket. Yep, Touratech.

The other one? I ain't sayin'. Anyway, it's predicated on the X going away. Short list candidates include Ducati, Aprilia, Triumph, and, of course, another BMW.

I think the man is sick...

MB>

I think the man is sick...

MB>

You must have inhaled too much salt at the last Bonneville if you're only now figuring this out!!

Sooo Phil? Is Jamie waiting until you get it all farkeled up before she lets you take her picture on it? Or is it really your toy? Inquiring minds need to know. :lurk:

She rode it Saturday to take care of some stuff for our ride club.

She is deathly ill today. Came home after a couple hours at work. She's been on the couch ever since.

There will be minimal riding until January as she is currently in the Christmas show at church. Understand that when I say Christmas show you really need to think full musical, full production. They've been practicing since August. This was after try outs in July and August. They just ipened Friday night and have a total of 14 shows between Dec. 5 and Dec. 21. She is on week 2 of her new job as well. Let alone her duties as Treasurer for our local ride club.

Give the girl a break, would ya!!!!

It is HER toy. I am merely keeping it company for now.

And doin' a darn fine job of it too, I might add. :Cool:

Give her well wishes for me. :wave:

...It is HER toy. I am merely keeping it company for now.

Have you ordered tires yet? At the rate you're going, it'll need new rubber by the time the girl gets to ride it. :grin::lurk:

Lets_Play_Two
She rode it Saturday to take care of some stuff for our ride club.

She is deathly ill today. Came home after a couple hours at work. She's been on the couch ever since.

There will be minimal riding until January as she is currently in the Christmas show at church. Understand that when I say Christmas show you really need to think full musical, full production. They've been practicing since August. This was after try outs in July and August. They just ipened Friday night and have a total of 14 shows between Dec. 5 and Dec. 21. She is on week 2 of her new job as well. Let alone her duties as Treasurer for our local ride club.

Give the girl a break, would ya!!!!

Some credit needs to be given here for the VERY elaborate excuses!!! :)

Have you ordered tires yet? At the rate you're going, it'll need new rubber by the time the girl gets to ride it. :grin::lurk:

The mere fact that they are Deathwings warrants new tires!!!! Anakees are available for it. I need to check if the Conti Trail Attacks are as well. Those Deathwings are just not a confidence inspiring tire!!!!

The tire for my new bike might be here on Friday, of course I don't have the bike yet but oh well..... I have enjoyed the pictures of Jamie and Sharon's new bikes!! :cry:

It is still 10 days out, well now it should be 6 days out a few days have passed since I was told another 10 days, but that is not to say I won't be told another 10 days in about 6 more days.

I don't know where the sucker is............. :dopeslap:

I think Santa hijacked it. I bet y'all didn't know that piracy is how he really gets all the stuff for Christmas Eve delivery. (Turns out, the elves are too busy dancing to do any work)

He was too busy dancing

Edit: Thanks for sharing that Richard, its a hoot! :thumbsup:

... piracy is how he really gets all the stuff for Christmas Eve delivery. :thumbsup:

Santa's from Somalia? :eek:

You didn't know? The North Pole is melting, so the old man had to move.

Got the Centech and the relay set up for it. Zumo and GXM-30 are on the way. Prolly grab the new Autocom set up for it this week.

Tore in to the bike to locate a suitable place for the electrics, etc. Autocom will fit in the space between the battery and airbox cover nicely. Centech will mount to the airbox cover itself with plenty of room to spare between it and the top body cover piece. Need to sort a place for the GXM and the B2B radio. Maybe Ram mounts for each.

Could Sharon or someone else pull their seat take a look under their seat at the very rear for me. In particular, the space behind where the rear seat contacts to the seat pins on the bike under the area where the luggage rack would go. Hope that makes sense.

Needs to be an F650GS. It appears that, from the net surfing I've done, the F800GS is vacant back there unless the BMW alarm is installed.

Jamie's has an electronics box back there yet she does not have the alarm. What gives? Anyone? Buehler???? Buehler????

Won't start the install until I have all the parts in for this final bit but it's really close.

Nice tidbit. There is a GPS connector available for a triggered source to the Centech relay available on the bike. It is tucked in just fore of the airbox air sensor and just aft of the air box cover. It 'Y's' off the airbox sensor wire. Looks like I'll have to order the connector for this to make the relay trigger connection nice and easy.

Here's a good link with some pics and ideas others have had so far - LINKY

436662190_PUW58-L.jpg

Here's the first one. It's about 6" across. There us some space under the passenger grab handles. About 4" front to back with a little room to slide under the handle.

The second pic is taking a while to load. Must not have actually reduced its size before I saved it. :dopeslap:

You're awesome! This confirms that the "free" space back there is non-existent on the F650's due to that electronics box in the tail.

Thank you for helping this out. Now I have a good idea as to how/where to go about wiring this thong for sound, etc.

Any ideas for the GXM and the radio? There is not much real estate available for the GXM anywhere. Was thinking of the marine mount on a Ram Mount to the handle bar for it. Radio possibly a Ram Mount as well?

Key point in all of this is NO tank bag. Jamie hates em.

Tank bag is my solution, autocom inside, BtB hangs on side of bag. Makes it easy for me to swap between bikes, course I still have to cut the zip ties for the ptt on handlebar to transfer.

Cyclegadgets has a metal mount for GXM antenna, it mounts with zumo cradle. $5.95 I made a mount for it under the nose of my GT and ran for a while, but found at certain angles the signal was weak, so moved it above the dash out in the open.

As for the BtB radio, might look for an adaptor to clamp to the screen frame to support the gmrs. Course she will need to be able to turn the volume (I adjust mine a lot).

P.S. Just found this, a month old, but this guy made his own mount and it is for sale. Take a look. Tk3131 mount

I've been cogitating on this for "a while." I'm thinking the antenna mount on the RAM might be the way to go.

Ummmm, what's that about wiring a thong for sound? That sounds a bit kinky to me. I mean, I remember that you had that underwear fetish, but gee Phil. :wave:

Edit: I'm sorry Phil, couldn't resist. Maybe I'm not so awesome after all. 179.gif

I've been cogitating on this for "a while." I'm thinking the antenna mount on the RAM might be the way to go.

Ummmm, what's that about wiring a thong for sound? That sounds a bit kinky to me. I mean, I remember that you had that underwear fetish, but gee Phil. :wave:

Edit: I'm sorry Phil, couldn't resist. Maybe I'm not so awesome after all. 179.gif

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::P:P

I like the linky2, but the GXM puck is HEavy, not sure it would be strong enough. I bet you can get good reception on top of the airbox under the faux gas tank cover.

The plastic nose cone on the GT gave me no problems, it was the metal frame on the adjustable windshield that interferred. I could make the XM radio quit by adjusting my screen up or down a twitch.

Archived