IGNORED

What music are you going to make sure is

Bullett

on your MP3 player before riding season starts?

I've only been "thinking" about this for [about] an hour, and I already need to check my MP3 for Allman Brothers "Live at Fillmore East," and Jeff Beck "Blow By Blow."

i nEED a bigger iPod...i can't fit all of my music on my '05 40 gigger, drat it.!

++++++++++++++=================++++++++++++++++++===============

Jon Cleary & the absolute gentlemen

Funky Meters

Maceo Parker (sax dewd from the James Brown era - awesome find)

Cold Blood

Albert Cummings

Chris Duarte

Joe Bonamassa

Soulive

Tower of Power (I've got it all, need to add some old stuff)

Toad The Wet Sprocket, Bruce Cockburn, Floyd, ColdPlay, Jackson Browne, CSNY, Neil Young...and the list goes on.....

Haaah!!! Must be a "blue" thing!

CoarsegoldKid

I've only been "thinking" about this for [about] an hour, and I already need to check my MP3 for Allman Brothers "Live at Fillmore East," and Jeff Beck "Blow By Blow."

Thanks for reminding me. I have those on vinyl and will be getting my LP to CD system by the end of the week. Those two LP will be perfect to do first.

Great music selection from all. Miles Davis/"Kind a Blue" with the great Bill Evans at the Piano.

Heh. I just gave a kid from my office my old CD of Kind of Blue since I'm now sporting the remastered version...That and a bootleg of an out of print Paul Black blues album. Made me happy to give him good music since he showed some interest in some jazz and blues I was playing at dinner.

Everything I have that I like is on my ipod...

For riding that could be Miles Davis or John Scofield, William Clarke Live in Germany (best live blues harmonica recording EVER), any number of Paul Delay albums, SRV, the Foo Fighters, Metallica, Cake.... One never really knows with my ipod.

Frank Sinatra did a great record with Antonio Carlos Jobim.

All of Jobimes great songs. Its one of the greatest records I have ever heard. Jobim wrote

Once I loved

Girl from Ipanima

and many many more.

That might be a cool collection to ride with.

Great stuff indeed, Jeff Beck was over the top on that album. I love every recording on that album (well, it was an album when I bought it!). Who was the drummer on that recording? Who ever he was he was very good.

I love riding to the "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings" soundtrack. I love the Nazgul (the Black Riders from Minas Morgul) theme song -- bitchin'!

Other than that, Led Zeppelin, Miles Davis, U2, Herbie Hancock, and...let's see...Oh, Weather Report.

Richard Bailey, drums and percussion; Phil Chenn on bass; Max Middleton on key boards.

I always forget how much I love this music, until I hear it again.

Great music selection from all. Miles Davis/"Kind a Blue" with the great Bill Evans at the Piano.

Heh. I just gave a kid from my office my old CD of Kind of Blue since I'm now sporting the remastered version...That and a bootleg of an out of print Paul Black blues album. Made me happy to give him good music since he showed some interest in some jazz and blues I was playing at dinner.

Everything I have that I like is on my ipod...

Jan copied the CD's to the MP3 list, but he shorted me on jazz. I have to go back to see what's there and fill in a few things that I know I will "need" to have on the player. I particularly enjoy some of the more mellow Miles Davis like "Kind of Blue," "E.S.P." and "'Round About Midnight." I am also a big fan of McCoy Tyner and John Coltrane.

It will be a decent winter project.

I particularly enjoy some of the more mellow Miles Davis like "Kind of Blue," "E.S.P." and "'Round About Midnight."

Do you have "Workin'" and "Steamin'" with the Miles Davis Quartet as well? Must haves.

Maybe not for on the bike but in general.

Oh man, don't get me started on Miles.

As much as I love his classy, acoustic works like "Kind of Blue", "ESP", "Nefertiti", "Sorcerer", "Water Babies", and "Round About Midnight", I LOVE his acid/jazz/fusion work the most: "Bitches Brew", "In a Silent Way", "Pangaea", the ultra-controversial "On the Corner", "Miles in the Sky", and countless live recordings like "Live at Filmore", "Dark Magus", "Live Evil", "Get Up With It". Miles was rediculous!

Because he didn't care what you thought of him, he felt totally free to be as creative and innovative as he wanted to be. Therefore, his genius was obvious from his music. I often wonder how many more geniuses the world would have if we all felt so free to honestly express ourselves?

skinny_tom (aka boney)
What's a riding season?

It starts the day you buy your motorcycle, and ends with the purchase of another (at which time you have begun a new season.)

What's a riding season?

It starts the day you buy your motorcycle, and ends with the purchase of another (at which time you have begun a new season.)

Well said, well said!

I'm thinkin a combo of audio books and Old Time Radio this year.

Eddd helped me out with some great "Old Time Radio."

The Whistler

Broadway is my beat

I was a Communist for the FBI

Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar......The man with the action pact expense account.

Dragnet

Have Gun Will Travel

...it's gonna be a great year.

....and I don't need an Ipod or mp3.....I can put em all on SD cards and play em in my Zumo.

Life is good and getting better.

Whip

I'm thinkin a combo of audio books and Old Time Radio this year.

Eddd helped me out with some great "Old Time Radio."

The Whistler

Broadway is my beat

I was a Communist for the FBI

Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar......The man with the action pact expense account.

Dragnet

Have Gun Will Travel

...it's gonna be a great year.

....and I don't need an Ipod or mp3.....I can put em all on SD cards and play em in my Zumo.

Whip

shweet idea.

gO hERE for on line Old Time Radio ::

http://www.otr.net/

Here is another good link for old time radio. Easy to simply download the file to your computer or player.

Keep in mind that almost all of these programs are in the public domain which means they are not copyrighted. I guess they just never thought those programs would still be popular 60 years later.

Google for other sites, since not all episodes are on all every site. If you don't want to sit and download files, they can be purchased quite reasonably here.. This makes it much easier to get lots of episodes. The nice thing about buying the CDs is that you can share as you please. The shows belong to the public.

And as for music...I never leave home without Sade, Anita Baker, Gloria Estefan, Taylor Dayne, Toni Braxton, and some Tony Bennett.

I often wonder how many more geniuses the world would have if we all felt so free to honestly express ourselves?

Thats one of those brilliant questions that gives the answer by just asking the question.

Aint it the truth!

While I don't listen to music on the bike (at too much risk for spontaneous air drumming), I'd like to submit the second greatest album of all time (Allman Brothers at Fillmore East being the first):

Muddy Waters - Folk Singer

Sweet!

Whip

What are you using to create the play lists for the Zumo? I keep messing up the playlists when I copy to the SD card.

Archived