IGNORED

BOOM boom

ESokoloff

It took me a few seconds to figure out the cause of the twin sonic booms I heard/felt early this afternoon...... link

It caught me by surprise as I did not know it was coming into Edward's.

In the shuttles early days it was common to return to there.

These days at over 1 million $$ to shuttle the shuttle back to Florida it's a rarity.

In the past 3 years, I can only recall one other occurrence.

More here.

"These days at over 1 million $$ to shuttle the shuttle back to Florida it's a rarity."

Make that over $2 million to get it back to Florida. Had I known it was coming into Edwards I would have ridden up there. Heck, I was half way up there when I was at Newcomb's./Angeles Crest yesterday. I have always wanted to see it land at Edward's AFB. TV is one thing but LIVE is quite the other. Bummer.

I was lucky enough to see the shuttle take off back in '90/'91 from Orlando (65 miles away from launch site). Totally in the right place at the right time. There is absolutely NO mistake what it is when you see it.

"These days at over 1 million $$ to shuttle the shuttle back to Florida it's a rarity."

Make that over $2 million to get it back to Florida. Had I known it was coming into Edwards I would have ridden up there. Heck, I was half way up there when I was at Newcomb's./Angeles Crest yesterday. I have always wanted to see it land at Edward's AFB. TV is one thing but LIVE is quite the other. Bummer.

Well I guess the day's of the million dollar bargains are over :-)

I'm kinda glad I did not know it was coming in.

I had too many chores to take care of.

One day though......

About a dozen years ago, work took me up to Vandenberg AFB where I had virtually free reign of SLC-6.

I snapped several rolls of film but have yet to convert them to digital.

Archived