Centech fuse panel ???

mos

I am going to install a AP1 Centech fuse panel on my 05 R12RT. I got the AP 170 relay and harness. I want to hook it to switchable power. I have my 12v BMW scoket in the front of the bike wired to the battery. I want to connect the AP 170 harness to the 12v plug wire that is now unused because I have the 12v BMW scoket running off the battery. Any problems with that ?

Mike

Using the unused 12v plug wire as a relay trigger for the AP 170, yes? It will work just fine. Be aware though that there is a shut down delay at that point, so your Centech (and anything connected to it) will stay powered up for the delay period after the key is turned off. Might be desirable, might not, depending upon what you connect.

I installed a AP 2 Centech fuse panel and run the GPS to the hot side of the panel and everything else to the triggered side, which I trigger from the right side parking lamp.I turn the GPS off at the unit itself,nice when stopped' for gas and the unit stays on.

I run the Ap-2 like bobbobtar does. It works great and it's nice to keep the GPS on during gas stops and quick lunch stops. Then my heat and cell phone charger goes on and off with the ignition.

Brian

I know everyone has an experience to share, but, w.r.t. Eastern Beaver, I recommend both his craftsmanship and customer service. I asked a couple of questions via e-mail prior to buying, received a response back the same day (and, from the shipping information on the package I eventually bought, he's in Japan). Once I received it, ran into one issue I became confused about, sent another question and a photo, response back same day.

I'm sure that there are people who can (and should) make their own wiring harnesses, but, even with some soldering experiences, and basic knowledge, he's first rate!

Archived