IGNORED

Stick coil ..Help.?

waylap

I think I've finally narrowed down my problem on a rough running 04 RT to a bad "stick coil" from what I've researched on similar symptoms. The part number that seems to be the one I need is listed on posts as # 12-13-7-680-644 ...however, on the parts diagram it lists several items as an ignition coil with the part # above as one of them- I think # 3 on the parts list but part # 2 also says ignition coil and pictures something completely different looking. Which do I need on a dual spark 04 RT? The long stick looking thing that goes down into the valve cover or the more boxy looking thing ?

http://www.webparts.com/diagram.php?btnr=12_1226&mospid=47981&hg=12&fg=05

I think I've finally narrowed down my problem on a rough running 04 RT to a bad "stick coil" from what I've researched on similar symptoms. The part number that seems to be the one I need is listed on posts as # 12-13-7-680-644 ...however, on the parts diagram it lists several items as an ignition coil with the part # above as one of them- I think # 3 on the parts list but part # 2 also says ignition coil and pictures something completely different looking. Which do I need on a dual spark 04 RT? The long stick looking thing that goes down into the valve cover or the more boxy looking thing ?

http://www.webparts.com/diagram.php?btnr=12_1226&mospid=47981&hg=12&fg=05

The twin spark 1150 has three coils, one 'boxy' thing which is a standard type coil for the secondary plugs, and two stick coils that also act as plug-caps - one each side, for the primary plugs.

Andy

Lynchburg BMW

I tried Chicago and their webpage is having security problems so I tried to call- no answer...

Finally found Lynchburg Va BMW, their price = $95 ..in stock! Very friendly and helpful on the phone and only charge 12.50 shipping.

Their price was significantly lower than any other I found. Some places wanted as much as $130 :rofl:

Thanks for the help everybody!

Now I've got to go to the auto parts store for new plugs and some canned compressed air to clean the computer AND the internals of the spark plug area (not on the computer).

Which is better.....imported air, northern air....Kosher air?

I believe if you do a search on the site, you will find a plethora of information on the air that is best to use for various tasks on the oil head. I seem to remember that there was a very vocal minority that recommended SD (Southern Domestic) for use in the warmer states.

However, there has been a trend lately toward recommending the use of Nitrogen for all things that blow or suck. Be sure to keep the air and oil separate.

I would be more than happy to send you a box of our dry desert air.

Special today for only 19.95

Plus shipping and handling

(for an additional 9.95 we will include your very own tumble weed!)

Archived