IGNORED

Autocom going out of business?

chtucker

chtucker - Don't let them rattle you. It took me a while to get used to the "conversation" on this site - and others like it. It's their way of showing comraderie (sp). Don't take it personal. I did and then figured it out.

I'm wondering if having a seperate "hub" carried by the rider and wired to the headset inside the helmet will be any better if your inputs are plugged into this same hub, than having the current setup where the hub is the Autocom unit and inputs are on that, then a simple cable to the helmet.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find plugging in my helmet for Autocom use to be much bother at all. Ditto for unplugging. I also don't need more batteries to recharge on the road. Cell phone, camera and laptop are enough.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find plugging in my helmet for Autocom use to be much bother at all. Ditto for unplugging. I also don't need more batteries to recharge on the road. Cell phone, camera and laptop are enough.

+1

Maybe it's just me
It's not just you.

However, I've gotta say that an Autocom unit that could be recharged from the bike (for those times that you're OK plugging it in) would be perfect. Don't want to bother with wires today? No problem. Battery running dead? No problem, plug it in. Gonna be on the bike for a few hours? No problem pluging it in. Seems to me to be the best of both worlds.

Maybe it's just me
It's not just you.

However, I've gotta say that an Autocom unit that could be recharged from the bike (for those times that you're OK plugging it in) would be perfect. Don't want to bother with wires today? No problem. Battery running dead? No problem, plug it in. Gonna be on the bike for a few hours? No problem pluging it in. Seems to me to be the best of both worlds.

There is indeed a bike-powered option for the battery-powered "wireless" unit. I assume that at any point one choose to plug into 12V.

Definitely peaking the interest since I have 2 systems to set up in the very near future.

Hopefully, the release will correspond with availability of units and accessories!!!!

Jamie's bike is in need of a comm system now and my K1300GT isn't far off!!

I assume that moving from one bike to another is no problem with the new set ups? This being with the understanding that only the helmet and "wireless" set up is moving. Each bike will have a dedicated hard unit installed on it.

Moving them to another bike will void the warranty.

On the Autocom and the bike.

Just take the device off and send it to me and I'll properly dispose of it.

Archived