If anyone is interested in a slice of life

Bheckel169

Every few days I ride up to Lake Lure, an idyllic lake subdivision developed in the 30's and where Dirty Dancing and the Last of the Mohicans was filmed at Chimney Rock in North Carolina. I stop and chat with the local riders who come from all walks of life and ride every imaginable two wheeled vehicle. Each day I'm there, someone new shows up, or a veteran biker stops to talk about life, politics or most often, their bike or cars (this is NASCAR country). Having just moved here from Utah 16 months ago this has been a real eye-opener and I thought you might enjoy it if I shared some stories and pictures from those people who congregate near the hotel (the 1927 Lake Lure and Spa) each day (where Dirty Dancing was filmed) and offer some pictures of the environment and maybe learn a little about these fascinating people I've met and have come to be friends and brethren bikers. There are some heart-wrenching tales of tough times and lives that are only happy because they have their bikes. In the same groups I"ve met successful executives and professionals who have escaped to this small unusual group of disparate characters to make their own world more sane. The commonality is that we all share the same space and time and enjoy each other and our common passion (bikes) and never pre-judge or discriminate.

I'd like to share that story over the next few winter weeks if you're interested.

Bruce

I shared some stories and pictures from those people who congregate near the hotel (the 1927 Lake Lure and Spa) each day (where Dirty Dancing was filmed)

I'm pretty sure Dirty Dancing was filmed at Mountain Lake resort,just outside of Pembroke va.

But,Lake Lure sounds like a cool place to visit

It’s now been 20 years since Swayze and Grey starred in “Dirty Dancing,” a coming-of-age love story filmed on location at Lake Lure, N.C., and Mountain Lake

Both right.

I would love to read about the stories too!! :clap:

Yes! Yes!

I am still in Utah, (turn your clock back 20 years) have been since I was a tyke. I have often day dreamed about living in a different part of the country, or world, but the life choices I made so far (business, family, etc, etc) have kept me pretty close to my roots.

Sure would enjoy your relating some of the stories you've hinted at. :thumbsup:

Bruce

If you ever post this dumb a request again I am going to fly out there and hit you with a big fish. I may even drag Richard with me to mock you.

Now get busy and start telling us the story!

With Warmest Regards

Tom

My wife and I both agree. Should we up and move from Connecticut it will be to western North Carolina. It just feels good there for all kinds of reasons including what you mention.

Bruce

If you ever post this dumb a request again I am going to fly out there and hit you with a big fish. I may even drag Richard with me to mock you.

With Warmest Regards

Tom

Can I come.....I'll bring the fish.

:P

Bruce

With Warmest Regards

Tom

Sure amigo. You are always welcome

Bruce

With Warmest Regards

Tom

Don't forget to duck.

2218491354_7a2a096c55.jpg

LL is a great place to visit. I've spent more time and $$ than I care to recall sitting at the tiki bar at the Geneva Inn. Might be a nice place for the BRR come to think of it....

Bruce

With Warmest Regards

Tom

Dippie.gif

Locked and loaded Herr Kommandant! :grin:

I'd like to share that story over the next few winter weeks if you're interested.

Bruce

Everyone hold your fish... winter doesn't start until Dec. 21st. :lurk:

Bruce

Only for those of us in the northern hemisphere.

He's way late for the board members Down Under. ;)

Bruce

This fish is starting to stink a bit . . . maybe I should put it back in the fridge? :grin:

Archived