IGNORED

When is BMW going offer red RTs in the US again?

wacokid

My father-in-law sold me his blue 04 RT, with the intention of buying a new RT within a year. He's been ready to buy for a while now, but the only color he likes on the new 1200s is the red shown in the photo gallery on the BMW website. He's one of those guys who won't buy something unless it's exactly what he wants.

Wacokid

It is too bad BMW has not offered Piedmont Red since the '05 and '06 RT. It really is a beautiful color. I guess I lucked out when I found Ruby. A member on this board is selling his red '05 RT with very few miles on it. His name is GregB and he is from Upland, Ca. Drop him a private message if you think you father-in-law would be interested.

Wacokid

It is too bad BMW has not offered Piedmont Red since the '05 and '06 RT. It really is a beautiful color. I guess I lucked out when I found Ruby. A member on this board is selling his red '05 RT with very few miles on it. His name is GregB and he is from Upland, Ca. Drop him a private message if you think you father-in-law would be interested.

Thanks, I'll ask him if he's interested in buying used.

W.K.

FYI. If you go to www.ibmwr.org there are two RED R12RT's for sale in Oregon. One is in Eugene and the other is in Portland.

I told him. He wants new. I guess he'll do without for a while.

Well there is always the option to paint a new bike. Not cheap by any means. Approximately $1.5K-$2K. Hey, it's only money!

P.S. He might be able to place a custom paint order with BMW. You may want to check out that angle.

2009 may be your lucky year! Rumor has it the K1300GT will be offered in fire engine red.

That aside, there's always the paint shop, yes?

Sorry, Ken started it! Red for sure, but fire engine red? Maybe in northern Cali. :lurk:k13gt_red.jpg

The bike does photograph nicely outside. :thumbsup:

GT2.jpg

Pat

Buy one the colour of a bike waiting for an insurance job and order a complete set of red panels for the dealer to fit before delivery. Swap with unwanted panels with the crashed bike.

Assuming they fit the same year to year, you should be able to find the colored pieces available separately and simply swap new for old. Bike color is all cosmetic.

This panel changing idea is all good and fine but not for the OP's pops in law. It's pretty clear the man is a all or nothing personality.

Hand him the keys for exactly what he wants and nothing else.

Yeah, but if a devoted son-in-law wanted to go to some effort to deliver a new bike in the proper color without the expense of a custom paint job...

"It's pretty clear the man is a all or nothing personality. Hand him the keys for exactly what he wants and nothing else."

Thank goodness for him and all the guys who have to have NEW bikes to their specs. I will be there waiting in 1-2 years after the initial purchase with checkbook in hand ready to upgrade when they get tired of it. Did I mention I like red, as in Ruby red. :grin::clap: :clap:

This panel changing idea is all good and fine but not for the OP's pops in law. It's pretty clear the man is a all or nothing personality.

Hand him the keys for exactly what he wants and nothing else.

That's pretty much the case. He's reached the stage of life when he can afford to buy brand new, top-of-line things with all the options plus any catalog accessories that strike his fancy. He's not interested in things that are similar to what he had in mind.

Thank goodness for him and all the guys who have to have NEW bikes to their specs. I will be there waiting in 1-2 years after the initial purchase with checkbook in hand ready to upgrade when they get tired of it. Did I mention I like red, as in Ruby red. :grin::clap: :clap:

I was quite happy to buy his 04 RT for thousands less than a new one. :grin:

Archived