IGNORED

Downside of being wireless

Bud

At least the corded phones were always in the same place and there were a bunch of them in the house.

You would laugh to see Nancy and me scramble around looking for a ringing cell phone. :rofl:

The up-side is the exercise that you get jumping and running to find the phone before it stops ringing.

Who you talking about Willis?

True enough that I need some, exercise that is.

Happy turkey day Paul.

And you couldn't accidentally leave you cord phone on vibe, thus not "hearing" it two rooms away. Something I'm prone to doing as there is a 'vibe only' rule at work.

And you couldn't accidentally leave you cord phone on vibe, thus not "hearing" it two rooms away. Something I'm prone to doing as there is a 'vibe only' rule at work.

Well, now that you have confessed, I will too. :wave:

To avoid running around looking for a ringing telephone, you can always just let the battery run dead.

See, you are smarter than me. :wave:

Voice mail is your friend....my dad taught me years ago answering the phone is optional. You should hear his message...."leave a name/number and we will get back to you eventually".....and in his case that could be weeks. No cell phone and a serious urge to travel.

So at one point I took the house the wireless phones with bluetooth headsets. It work perfect for 1 week we had a few headsets within range of the phones and you could pick up a headset and answer a phone and walk around. It worked until we started forgetting to charge the headsets. Then we started just grabbing the wireless phones and that worked until we started forgetting to charge the phones. This soon lead to complaints and eventually, we went back to wired phones. This did us no good because now we just forget to answer the home landline and carry around our cells. Our cells now goto VM after 7pm (unless your family), and we check email through the night, which we dont reply to for 2 or 3 days.

You could try a desk mounted charging station for your cell phone located in a convenient and central spot. If you can remember to always put it there when you're home the advantages are that it is always in the same spot and it is always charged when you need it. :grin:

Some phones can be set to automatically override pre-set settings and go to audible ring when plugged in to a charger as well.

Also, be sure to know what changes effect your cell phone if you need to dial 911 (call your Fire Department's or Police Department's business line for starters). Also be sure to list your phone with the local emergency notification service (like reverse 911, etc.).

The other day I saw an empty car pulled over at mid span on the Coronado Bay Bridge and called 911. All 911 cell phone calls here go to the Highway Patrol instead of the local dispatch and the CHP dispatch centers are horribly over-worked and under staffed. By the time the Highway Patrol dispatcher picked up the line almost ten full minutes had passed. Good thing I wasn't calling to tell them I was having a heart attack! :P

Calvin  (no socks)

My wife was driving to the store one afternoon, she attempted a "cell" call on the miniature cordless house phone she had put in her purse! :dopeslap:

We don't need no steenkin home phone.... No pollsters called this whole election cycle... :grin: Home Sweet Home

Archived