IGNORED

Flying cigarette

Steve1962

.....nearly got one in the face last night on the commute home on the bike ........ 5.20 pm ..... riding down an unlit slip road onto a dual carriageway [ A 34 ] , plenty of room betwix me and the car in front ....... a brief look over my right shoulder to check the traffic that is on the dual carriageway to make sure I've a safe gap to filter in .........when I turn my head back to the front ....... a flash of orange light as a discarded cigarette bounces off the visor - made me flinch for a second , but I didn't lose control of the bike ........

BLOODY IDIOT !!

End of rant .

Steve

I had one of those a few months ago. I am afraid I let my dark side get the better of me and a little later, whilst filtering past him, I dragged my boot down the side of his car...

Andy

BTDT.

Another excellent reason to have full coverage, including the eyes.

My fantasy reactions are usually somewhat disproportionate to the offense, or not. :P

I have heard, certainly wsn't I, of a rider who would follow such vehicles, wait until they parked, and then use my, I mean his, yeah that's the story valve stem tool on all four tires.

Again, that wouldn't have been me, and it certainly is a disproportionate response, or not. :smirk:

BTDT +1

I caught one in the throat last year during my morning commute. I watched it get flicked out the window, bounce off the rear of the car, and disappear under my headlight. Little did I know that it would be sucked up under my windshield and lodge itself in the little space between my helmet, jacket collar, and neck. It burned the hell out of my neck and left a pretty ugly mark for a few weeks.

And Tim.....I have these neat valve stem caps that when you flip them over, they double as core removal tools. You should check them out :/

Hey, I just noticed we got our little ROFL guy back :rofl::clap:

Joe Frickin' Friday
I had one of those a few months ago. I am afraid I let my dark side get the better of me and a little later, whilst filtering past him, I dragged my boot down the side of his car...

Andy

Next time stick some grit/traction tape to the sides of your boots before you go out.

There are heavy fines in this country - in some places, up to $1000 - for littering; I assume there are also in Angle-Land. Unfortunately they are rarely enforced, since the officer must witness the offense. If it will ease your conscience, you may consider yourself as having simply administered a fine for littering.

A real man would have caught the cigarette between his teeth, drawn deeply on it and let the smoke curl from the side of your mouth and then flicked on the butt (Clint Eastwood style, like flicking a booger) into the open window of the car next to you.

You Poms are pussies :)

Linz.

I had one flicked out at me while I was lane splitting. Fortunately it hit the windshield of my black and white Harlem Davis. Yes, the driver received a performance award, also known as the Paul Buzzo Act here in Calif. Pretty stiff fine too.

Here is the law..

23111. No person in any vehicle and no pedestrian shall throw or

discharge from or upon any road or highway or adjoining area, public

or private, any lighted or nonlighted cigarette, cigar, match, or any

flaming or glowing substance. This section shall be known as the

Paul Buzzo Act.

I've had more than one over the years, especially in slow traffic, that it was clear to me was an intentional attempt.

Same driving my convertible cage, people trying to intentionally flip a butt in into it.

How do people with such an obnoxious attitude toward others ever get anywhere in life?

Awhile back I was following one of those big buck Mercedes in town and out of the sunroof came a lit cigarette. It bounced off my chest and hit the ground. I split the lane and as I was pulling along side it I saw two teenage boys laughing their ass's off. Just as luck would have it the light was turning yellow so I stopped in front of them and got off my bike and walked back to them. I looked in the window and said something like "listen you little shit, your cigarette just hit me. I feel like pulling your ass out and beating it, but I'll cut so some slack this time. If I ever see you throw another cigarette out the window again I will". He stammered he was sorry and as I was walking back to my motorcycle I noticed the light had turned green, but the person behind us never honked their horn; I guess they saw what happened. I was riding my Harley that day and was wearing my Harley leather, so that may have been an intimidating factor. I look back now and think that could have been a bad move on my part, but once in awhile I get so mad that I can't help myself.I need to work on that.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I was riding my Harley that day and was wearing my Harley leather, so that may have been an intimidating factor. I look back now and think that could have been a bad move on my part,

No, I think your reaction was appropriate to the situation. So if you had pulled the asshat through the window, then yes that might have been a bad move.

But what happens when the glowing ember lands in the roadside brush and end up burning 1000 acres? I think it's appropriate to scare the little fukkers.

I've had "interesting" conversations with friends who are smokers. When I ask them if they toss soda cans or other trash out the window of their cars they reply forcefully that they would never litter. When I ask them why the ash trays in their cars are so clean and why flipping cigarette butts out the window is different from a Burger King wrapper, they stammer and go into full rationalization mode.

I have come to the conclusion that if you are a smoker, the world is your ashtray.

I've written that one many times as I dodge them on my work bike. If you want to see someone's head spin around, stop them for throwing a cigarette out of their window!!

They will give you such a rant about that being a chicken sheet summons!

I was sitting behind a young lady at a busy intersection when she threw her ENTIRE, FULL ashtray out of the driver's window! She could have had someone detail her car inside and out for what that summons cost!

I was riding my Harley that day and was wearing my Harley leather, so that may have been an intimidating factor. I look back now and think that could have been a bad move on my part,

No, I think your reaction was appropriate to the situation. So if you had pulled the asshat through the window, then yes that might have been a bad move.

But what happens when the glowing ember lands in the roadside brush and end up burning 1000 acres? I think it's appropriate to scare the little fukkers.

Agreed.

You should have pulled him out through the sunroof. :P

I had one flicked out at me while I was lane splitting. Fortunately it hit the windshield of my black and white Harlem Davis. Yes, the driver received a performance award, also known as the Paul Buzzo Act here in Calif. Pretty stiff fine too.

Here is the law..

23111. No person in any vehicle and no pedestrian shall throw or

discharge from or upon any road or highway or adjoining area, public

or private, any lighted or nonlighted cigarette, cigar, match, or any

flaming or glowing substance. This section shall be known as the

Paul Buzzo Act.

Had a redneck do that to me in a large dump truck. Hit me between the eyes, and I thought I was on fire. I was passing the dump truck, while slapping me in the chest, thinking about putting out the fire. Turned off and stopped the dump truck, no performance award, gave him the Motorman A$$ chewing Act.

Agreed.

Pull him out through the vent window!!! No. Wait. There aren't any of those any more, are there. Damn!

Pilgrim

This really happened to me.

While riding home from work in bumper-to-bumper traffic, I caught a cigarette in my lap. The cigarette's owner thought my efforts to dislodge the butt were so funny, he failed to notice that the car ahead of him had come to a full stop.

I just kept riding. That was one situation I could not improve.

Bob

Agreed.

Pull him out through the vent window!!! No. Wait. There aren't any of those any more, are there. Damn!

Pilgrim

I think it would be even trickier to pull them through the "vent system" of the car!

I have come to the conclusion that if you are a smoker, the world is your ashtray.

If you're already polluting the air with the smoke, why not just litter as well. The same self centered attitude that rationalizes smoking around non-smokers in an indoor building (banned now in many states) easily allows them to toss the used cigarette anywhere.

In reality it's probably just a matter of habit and there's no thought process involved. Those they hang around or learned to smoke from always littered, so they do the same.

Not all smokers are as described.

The Phillip Morris team got me about 20 years old. My wife always complains about my pants in the washer having butts in them. I don't throw them down and don't smoke around others, unless outside. If it bothers them outside, I don't have much sympathy for their tree hugging ass. I will agree on one thing, a no smoking section in a restaurant is like a no peeing section in a pool.

Hooked till death

David

The Phillip Morris team got me about 20 years old. My wife always complains about my pants in the washer having butts in them. I don't throw them down and don't smoke around others, unless outside. If it bothers them outside, I don't have much sympathy for their tree hugging ass. I will agree on one thing, a no smoking section in a restaurant is like a no peeing section in a pool.

Hooked till death

David

Good quote, "hooked till death"

It will happen sooner or sooner.

Hooked till death

David

Good quote, "hooked till death"

It will happen sooner or sooner.

I cant believe you guys didnt jump all over this.

Where is all the fun, when your bored.

David

My buddy was a very considerate smoker (he has since quit). He would NEVER throw a butt down.

I borrowed his fly fishing vest once. Here I am fly fishing on a pristine river and unzip a pocket on the borrowed vest to find a set of line clippers. Out falls about 50 cigarrette into the river. The other fisherman thought I was wrestling with a 50 lb steelhead as I swiped, jumped and splashed all over the place picking them out of the water. :P:Cool:

Dave in Doodah

I am married to a smoker. She would never flick her butt.

I also have fielded lit butts from a-holes in front of me - like we all have.

I agree with the comedian I once heard - can't remember who it was... a little help please? (I think it was Tim Reynolds...):

"Whatever you are caught throwing out your car window gets shoved up your ass."

Even a cig butt would get the point across... especially if still lit.

Archived