IGNORED

Etymotic's HF5 compared to ER6 or ER6i

pokorskij

I have had the ER6i's for two years and am very happy with them. They act as ear plugs when I'm not listening to my iPod, and the sound from my stereo is VERY good, even at highway speeds. When using them with my Autocom I can actually make telephone calls on my cel phone and no one knows I'm riding. I can hear them perfectly and they can't tell I'm on my bike. For the money you can't beat the ER6i. It has also been good to try the different type of ear pieces they have available. The foam pieces fit my ears better and block out street noise better than the soft rubber. I've also found that the soft rubber pieces get very soft after some use and don't feel quite right in my ear. Hope this helps!

I haven't seen the HF5's in person, but from what I've seen, they stick out as far as the er4's. I've put lots of miles on my er4's, but they stick out way too far under my helmet - especially while using the foam tips. I much prefer my er6i's with foam tips for under a helmet, but the er4p's will do in a pinch.

I haven't seen the HF5's in person, but from what I've seen, they stick out as far as the er4's. I've put lots of miles on my er4's, but they stick out way too far under my helmet - especially while using the foam tips. I much prefer my er6i's with foam tips for under a helmet, but the er4p's will do in a pinch.

Yep, if they're like the ER4Ps, in my case they wouldn't work under a helmet, very painful with the sticky-outy part hitting the helmet padding. I wouldn't buy without trying on under the helmet. I also vote for custom molds.

Archived