IGNORED

Is Autocom planning a 1/2 price sale in the USA?

ednowicki

I've been in the market for an Autocom Pro or Active Rider Duo.

I noticed *a lot* of 1/2 price sales in the UK... "Clearance Sale - To make room for our new products".

Has anyone heard of an upcoming Autocom 1/2 price sale in the US?

I actually bought 2 Super Pro-Avi Duo kits on 2 separate occasions via Feebay UK. First one was about 12 months back, and again about 6 weeks ago.

I paid $90 STG 1st time round and $137 STG 2nd time. The first was a new unit from a private seller, who dropped his price to better all the 1/2 price sales at the time.

here in Oz, we pay RRP of $580AUD for these units, then add PTT button, Cables, UHF etc and she fast becomes an expensive luxury.

Haven't heard anything specifically about any kind of "sale," but in the past when a major redesign of product has come about, there has been a sale. It would depend on whether the 2009 product is merely updated or whether it's radically new.

When the Pro-7 went on sale a couple of years ago, lots of people bought them through the dealership where I was working. Then when the new products were introduced, and they featured individual volume controls, more accessory ports, automatic volume adjustment, cell w/MP3 capabilities, etc, many customers complained and said they should have waited. I heard a lot of "it's just $250 more for the newer one." Yes, but it's actually $500 for the newer one. In $250 bites ($250 paid for the closeout unit, then a $250 difference for the newer unit), they said they would have taken it. But at a $500 chunk, they claim it's too expensive. Retail purchases, their triggers, justifications and remorses are fascinating to watch.

I'm still waiting for my Pro-7 to bite the dust so I can justify an upgrade. The new design looks good but my old unit keeps plugging away. I recently replaced my boom mic for $26-odd (guess I was chewing it for too many years) and I have no justification yet.

I've gone back-and-forth between biked-powered and 9V battery power. My only real complaint is how wimpy the available 9V rechargeables seem to be.

Archived