IGNORED

Wait Lists, Room Mates, etc...

SAMSAR

Must be a number of people dropping out. I was 5 on the wait list a couple of months ago and got a call that a room was availble last week. They must have had several as I had my choice of room types.

A couple here and there have needed to cancel but actually the room adjustments have been from either people combining rooms or changing to tenting or different motels.

Glad you were able to get a room at UN HQ. You're going to love the views!

Paul

Last night I thought, "Oh, I'll camp. This morning I booked a room at Coos. :D

'Cause you were thinking about trying to sleep on that thermarest. :grin:

I'm looking forward to meeting you Kathy, I enjoy your posts.

:wave: Paul, maybe I should look at a used R bike? Marty, Have you got one for sale? :grin: Can't wait to see all you peeps.

Sharon, thank you and I am really looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the attending BMWST gang. It has been a long time since I saddled up. WHOOOHOOOO!

Lone_RT_rider

Mitch and I will see you there Kathy. :) This is great news. Now if you could just coax Jake and Knappy out on the road.... :/

Shawn

Paul Mihalka

"Paul, maybe I should look at a used R bike?"

Kathy, a R850R or R1100R would be in your price range and are good bikes.

It will be GREAT to see you again. For me it was much more than two years...

Lone_RT_rider
"Paul, maybe I should look at a used R bike?"

Kathy, a R850R or R1100R would be in your price range and are good bikes.

It will be GREAT to see you again. For me it was much more than two years...

Kathy, I love Rainy's R1100R and given my experience on the RT's I would probably tour on it without any issues. It doesn't have the leg coverage for weather, but with the BMW windscreen, with protection for the rest of you is just fine. I would add one more caveat though, If I were looking for an R11XXR bike, I would at least get the twin spark motor that came out in 2004. It's light years better than the original oilhead motor. That would be an R1150R.

Shawn

Shawn :wave: Knappy and Jake are on single props these days. :/ Can't say as I blame them one bit. Makes for great time with the family. I'm going to check out the 04+ 1150R too. See you in a couple months. Whoohoo!

Paul, now, when I said $3500 I meant in that range :rofl: I know, I know. I've-a-got-me some two wheel fever. Help, someone take my purse.

Paul Mihalka

Depends how much the $3.500 is on a rubber band. A 2000/2001 R1100R would be close. A 2004 R1150R would be a bit more but worth it. Stay away from any 2002 R1150xx. Don't ask me why...

I've been procrastinating doing this for some time, but just now cancelled my reservation for Room 11 at Roger's.

Next in line on standby should be getting a call...

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just gave up my room at Coos, if anyone needs it?

I was fortunate enough to have moved over to Rogers Motel. :)

LOST on my LT

Anybody have a room that would like to split the cost on? I have a tent as well, so no biggie, but I will have been tenting it for a week before and nearly a week after so a bed and shower would be nice.

I'll be at the Damn Yankees BMW rally in Heath, Mass the weekend before this if anyone wants to ride up with me.

Hi Everyone,

Just got a call from Sonny at the Coos Motel. He was wondering if the event was cancelled as his room reservations went from 12 to 3 over the past week or so :P. He was as surprised as I was that it had dropped that low. I was thinking the new registants might have been backfilling for the transfers to Roger's.

I definitely want to keep the UN HQ motel full :thumbsup:but if anyone is on the fence about staying in a hotel vs tenting or otherwise, I'd request keeping the Coos in mind so we can throw him a few more rooms. UNrally reservations are continuing to rise so I'm thinking we should be able to do this.

By the way... I just checked registrations and we are up to 117 :clap:. If you are thinking about joining us, get signed up soon if you can. We are putting the final orders in soon for t-shirts and such. You are welcome to attend even last minute but we want to make sure we have enough food and stuff for everyone. :)

Cheers!

Paul

I'm one of the cancellations but I just moved from the Coos to Roger's as another room had come open. Couldn't decide at first since I saw an advantage to being in the town, but decided that riding in for supper wasn't so bad.

Mike Cassidy

Hi Mike,

No worries at all... :)

The UN HQ motel at Rogers is the more ideal location as the rooms are just as nice, the views are great, and you will be more central to the evening activities. I'm glad you were able to move up the list and lock down a room.

Ditto for everyone else too! :thumbsup:

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Firefight911

Officially called and canceled Jamie's and my reservation today. We hung on but events have conspired to make this one just not possible.

Room #5 should be available now!!!

Bill in Vermont

Spare bed anywhere? I have room 51 booked for three people, and doubt a cot will bit easily, so would be glad to split the cost of a room for at least Monday and Tuesday. Thanks

Another room is available - I've had to cancel. I'm not happy, but I'm not going to be able to make it this year.

Jim

#32(Rogers) will be available as soon as I call and cancel.

Whip...more details please? You two are coming to the UN, right?

#32(Rogers) will be available as soon as I call and cancel.

Whip...more details please? You two are coming to the UN, right?

Prolly not.....

I have a room #17, two double beds, non smoking, non snore. Need roommate.

please call me 770 dash 315 dash 9670

or

770-619-7536

There are a couple rooms left at UN HQ if you want to switch from one of the other hotels or just registered.

Give him a call at 603-727-8044 and lock them down!

Hi,

I will be leaving long island by tomorrow at 2 pm. I plan to get to the area sun evening and I will be staying to weds am. if I can arrange a room on

Sun, Mon, and tuesday, please let me know. I have a call into the site and I would be happy to have a single room or share one if necessary.

Thanks,

Alan

516-817-9644

Archived