IGNORED

Is there a lawyer in the house?????

Whip

Yes there is.......

Mr. Greg Haverkamp(Milton) has been officially notified of his place as a member of the California Bar.

What took em so long????????????

I feel much better today knowing the Constitution is being guarded by such a good man.

Whip

...it seems like just yesterday when he told us he was gonna be a little less active on the board cause he was goin for the brass ring. We all supported him then and now he has made us proud.

Thanks, Whip (and Tony. and Phil, on edit.)

I was reflecting the other day that the process has been a little over 5 years. I posted some note on the board about working and going to school at night. Then I took the December 2003 LSAT, got my acceptance in April 2004, started classes in August, and just over four years since then -- a dark period during which the bulk of my motorcycling enjoyment came vicariously through others here -- here we are.

Wish I knew what was next.

Wish I knew what was next.

If your experience is anything like Sharon's a judge will assign you to a case pro bono immediately, when you haven't the resources or experience to deal with it, in a field of law you have no interest or knowledge of...

Congratulations! (Really, not tongue in cheek, the above not withstanding)

Jan

AWESOME news, Greg!!!!!!!!!!

So now you can start working on being elected Judge somewhere so you can ban all emoticons FOREVER!!!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: :grin: :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

...it seems like just yesterday when he told us he was gonna be a little less active on the board cause he was goin for the brass ring

I remember it well!

Congratulations Greg! :clap:

Job well done! :thumbsup:

Free emoticons since forever..... :grin:

awesome - 5 YRS .. Really..? Day-yum I am outta touch with the calendar. Congrat's on the achievement and continued success with the new direction, guy.! Go get 'em.!

Kudos! A true reward for tremendous sacrifice and dedication.

Wish I knew what was next

Not knowing that is part of what's kept me at it for 20+ years. YMMV.

Excellent. :thumbsup:

Just a reminder :Cool:, there are only 168 billable hours in a week. :grin:

Oh, and when the person behind the bench does this :dopeslap:, it's best to do what they say. :wave:

I swelled with pride reading this amigo. You have worked very hard to achieve this and all of us are proud to have helped keep you a little closer to sanity through the ordeal.

Tom

Thanks, again, all.

Michael's right. 168 hours? Pfft. There are may be 168 hours in a week, but there are far more billable hours in a week.

As for ambulances, I definitely think the FJR can keep up. It's finding them at the right time that's tough.

Andy, I don't think I'd call it "debate" necessarily. Of course, it's fair to say that many of the discussions gave me opportunities to hone expressions on some points of law.

As for what I'm interested in practicing, that's all pretty scattered. I had been looking at some things (as I emailed you about, Kent) that I've ended up not pursuing. I recently helped an some attorneys with a Fourth Amendment issues (folks will get a kick out of this: I suggested they not take a case suing a police department.) Next to Fourth Amendment stuff, information privacy issues are my big interest (and there is a lot of overlap.)

December 5 I take my oath. It's a lousy market right now; an attorney I spoke to recently told me if I wanted to break in, I should quit my current job immediately and find any -- and she meant any -- legal job. I don't think I'm prepared to do that just yet. So, I'm playing it by ear. The right thing either comes along or it doesn't.

Congratulations Greg!

Please get a job quickly, I'm still counting on you.

I'm sure it was a lot of hard work and you are to be commended.

Congratulations Greg,

Welcome to the conspiracy that runs the world. You'll get the password to our underground lair and the secret handshake at your swearing-in.

Just a reminder , there are only 168 billable hours in a week.

Such innocence is so refreshing... :dopeslap:

hi-jack/

Reminds me of the bad old lawyer joke... 45 year old lawyer from hi-stress firm dies and ends up at the pearly gates. Only to be received with fireworks, horns, flowers... a pretty big deal... He asks the gate-keeper what's up and what all the fuss is about and the gate-keeper tells him that he's the oldest person since Methuselah to arrive.

To which, the young lawyer opines that there must be some serious mistake since he was only 45 when he died suddenly....

To which the gatekeeper replied, "Not according to your billable hours!"

end hi-jack/

Congrats!!!!!!

Greg, Im on the road right now and will be for some time. Congratulations to you. Im proud of you, for completing what you started so long ago. I have an instinct although we have never met, that history will eventually find some room, to include your name it its mention.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats Greg! that shows such and impressive amount of so many good qualities: determination and intelligence just to name a few!

Well done!

Archived