IGNORED

Ye Olde New England UNrally Announcement

SAMSAR

Calvin  (no socks)

I grew up with it.. Tastes like prune soda... I like it.. I'm gonna have to get some when I get up that way..So much to do, so little time... May also hit Katz's Deli in NYC for a sammich.... :dopeslap:

I grew up with it.. Tastes like prune soda... I like it..
Sounds to me like "the gift that keeps on giving". Maybe just the right remedy after way too many hours in the saddle! :rofl:

Jeff

I grew up with it.. Tastes like prune soda... I like it..
Sounds to me like "the gift that keeps on giving". Maybe just the right remedy after way too many hours in the saddle! :rofl:

Jeff

More like "the gift that keeps one going....." :P

The Three Week Report...

Hi Everyone and Happy Holidays!

I've been doing some reconciling of registrations with payments and thought I'd give everyone an update on attendance.

71 people have formally registered on the Evenbrite website

26 people have paid the registration fee :lurk:

58 people are staying at the UN HQ hotel

4 people are staying at the Coos Motor Inn

4 people are tenting

2 people are RV'ing

4 people are Others

23 Unique States including Ontario and Alberta

If you haven't registered on the Evenbrite site or locked down your hotel room or tenting site, please take a moment to do so. With the New Year, people will be planning their summer vacations and making their own reservations. This is prime territory and everything could go fast.

I'm blown away by the response so far and can't wait to see what we look like at the Three Month report! :thumbsup:

Paul

Rasalfratz.

As a "reward" for being an "A" District, we are being allowed to ignore the legislative XX (statute/?) about not being able to start school earlier than 2 weeks before Labor Day.

May have to go to work a week earlier.

If that happens, we're out.

Will know fairly soon.

It sux to do a good job and be rewarded like this... :(

Rasalfratz.

As a "reward" for being an "A" District, we are being allowed to ignore the legislative XX (statute/?) about not being able to start school earlier than 2 weeks before Labor Day.

Will know fairly soon.

It's Murphy's Law Tim, no good deed goes unpunished. I hope you guys can still make it!

Rasalfratz.

Will know fairly soon.

Two words...

Sick Days :D

Rasalfratz.

Will know fairly soon.

Two words...

Sick Days :D

Believe me, I wish.

Hopefully the calendar won't change.

There is a set of bizarre, supposedly unrealistic standards in the laW

that only a few counties have met, giving them this "opportunity."

The conflict would be that this is the very start of the year, and

Beth is the Assistant Grand Poobah for the District.

I'm a Peon, but, the Program I work in has a small staff and any absence

is magnified.

Keeping fingers and toeses crossed. :grin:

we have the same problem here in GA. Classes start Aug 17, and teachers have to be in the week before. So this year it will only be myself and Dustin, Cathy cannot make it.

And that brings up a good point, I think most schools north of the mason dixon line start after labor day. but south of that line school starts around Aug 15 and teachers are in around Aug 8 - 10.

So in your ongoing list for unrally's maybe that issue could be noted. I would love to have had this years rally on Aug 3 instead, so Cathy could have come. I also realize there will always be conflicts, but at least hoping to get a note in the Unrally log.

looking forward to this unrally. Dustin and I are going to see/visit a lot of tourist locations.

first, sorry for the mini jack.

Randy,

Yes, and to "fix" that, our state (Legislature/maybe DOE?) whatever, passed the "Save Our Summers" thingamajig dictating that schools coouldn't start classes any earlier than 2 weeks before Labor Day.

It was supposed to help synch school opening dates.

Sighhhh.

I second the motion for an earlier date, but l;ike you said, there's always conflicts and the folks doing all the work have to do what it takes and I understand that.

With luck, we'll still make it. :thumbsup:

If not, carry on.

Hey I only see six names from north of the 49th registered so far! Come on Canadians, lets get with it! We've got a northern Pied Piper run to plan!

Well....been wondering how I can combine my long awaited and long planned trip to Newfoundland August 1st to 15th with the Rally :-(.

Never rains but it pours, the only 2 weeks off I get a year and the darn rally comes smack in the middle and I have the Newfie trip on and locked.

So its not 'cause I don't want to go...geeez, wish I hadn't booked so much of the other trip so early!

Sounds like a super location with a super bunch of folks! I might get a chance to stop by the last day on my way home...

Jim

We've started vacation picks for 2009. I'm fifth out of nine in seniority on my shift and number four wants all of August! :cry:

It's not impossible, just a bit harder . . . and I may have to be a bit more creative . . . . :dopeslap:

. . . but rest assured--WE WILL BE THERE!!!!!! :clap:

Jamie,

I can see the Pied Piper taking a hit without you guys but, if going involves a jet, I could help out on this end. :thumbsup:

The only problem being, you'll have to know the words to Born to Be Wild. :D

Pat

(email from #4 guy on my shift to our Captain and cc'd to me)

Subject: Vacation picks

Please put my vacation picks in for June 26,28,30 July 2,7,9,11, 2009

(Enjoy your ride Jamie)

Thanks,

David

So . . . I'm taking ALL my annual vacation I've been saving up and just got the end of July through the 23rd of August off!!! :clap:

"Hit it, Pat!!!"

Get your motor running

Head out on the highway

Looking for adventure

In whatever comes our way

Yeah, darling gonna make it happen

Take the world in a love embrace

Fire all of your guns at once

And explode into space

I like smoke and lightning

Heavy metal thunder

Racin' with the wind

And the feeling that I'm under

And explode into space

Like a true nature's child

We were born, born to be wild

We can climb so high

I never want to die

Born to be wild

Born to be wild

Get your motor running

Head out on the highway

Lookin' for adventure

In whatever comes our way

And explode into space

Like a true nature's child

We were born, born to be wild

We can climb so high

I never want to die

Born to be wild

Born to be wild...

:Cool:

So Tom, you'd better leave a light on for us 'cause the Pied Piper will be rolling through your neck o' the woods! :clap:

"Hey come on babe . . . follow me . . . I'm the Pied Piper . . . follow me . . . I'm the Pied Piper . . . and I'll show you where New England's at . . . . " :grin:

"So . . . I'm taking ALL my annual vacation I've been saving up and just got the end of July through the 23rd of August off!!! :clap:"

:clap::clap::clap::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

"Hey come on babe . . . follow me . . . I'm the Pied Piper . . . follow me . . . I'm the Pied Piper . . . and I'll show you where New England's at . . . . "

:clap: :clap: :clap::grin::thumbsup:

Just signed up, looking forward to my first Unrally!
Sweeet!!! Welcome, Ben! :clap:

Be sure to keep an eye out for threads regarding a possible Canadian Pied Piper Run coming to a Province near you on the way to the UnRally! :thumbsup:

Just signed up, looking forward to my first Unrally!
Sweeet!!! Welcome, Ben! :clap:

Be sure to keep an eye out for threads regarding a possible Canadian Pied Piper Run coming to a Province near you on the way to the UnRally! :thumbsup:

Yep... LINKY

"Be sure to keep an eye out for threads regarding a possible Canadian Pied Piper Run coming to a Province near you on the way to the UnRally"

Absolutely! At this moment I'm heading out with at least one, possibly two others, hooking up with a few more sounds like fun. I had a look at the thread regarding possible routes from the west, and would love to make that happen. The trip from Toronto to the border at Gananoque is dull as dishwater, but everything after that looks alright.

The only problem being, you'll have to know the words to Born to Be Wild. :D

Pat

Yo Tewks, Anymore song requests.

I think he might have meant his other (loaner?) bike is a chopper! :Wink:

[

BINGO! :thumbsup:

Hey Ray, If you still want to play, how about CHERRY HILL PARK? :wave:

Pat

[

BINGO! :thumbsup:

Hey Ray, If you still want to play, how about CHERRY HILL PARK? :wave:

Pat

Mary Hill, was such a thrill...

All the hotel rooms are booked at Roger's Campground Motel. Apparently I am sixth on the waiting list, so I need six of you people to cancel out quickly......

Edited by Perlova
Nice n Easy Rider
All the hotel rooms are booked at Roger's Campground Motel. Apparently I am sixth on the waiting list, so I need six of you people to cancel out quickly......

And I need a million bucks...

Any bets on who will be waiting longer! :grin:

There is a thread HERE for the waiting list and possible roomates

Just a reminder to everyone about the alternate hotel...

I have worked out an agreement with Coös Motor Inn about two miles away in the town of Lancaster.

c5lnh.jpg

Price is $60/night.

It is a newer motel and offers "either a King or 2 Queen beds, working table, private baths (tub & shower), air conditioning, refrigerator, color cable television, individual digital thermostats, telephone, hair dryers, iron, ironing boards, Free high-speed wireless internet access and Free Continental Breakfast. VCRs, Coffee makers, additional rollover beds are available upon request."

For reservations at the Coös Motor Inn, please call Sonny Patel and mention the BMW UNrally in August. Their address is:

Coös Motor Inn

209 Main Street

Lancaster, NH 03584

603-788-3079

There are other options too if they end up fully booked.

Let me know if questions or problems!

Paul

Hi 3Putt - That would be good...

I'm also due to make a couple check-in calls to both Randy and Sonny which I'll try to do by this weekend.

By the By... Happy New Year Everyone! :clap:

T-Minus 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 and counting...

The Coos took my CC info and I requested an Email confirmation which I never got. I figured I would call back again in a month or so. They seem pretty low key...

95% bleak outlook for us :( :(

Will post for sure when the final verdict is made but seems like calendar will be changed.

This loophole will violate the spirit of the Save Our Summers Act and shorten vacation time.

I'm sure there will be others (not w/UN) who will have made plans that will have to be cancelled.

That would free up a room at UNHQ for someone on waiting list.