IGNORED

Ye Olde New England UNrally Announcement

SAMSAR

#47, Randy just called, I can leave my tent at home and pack more beer :thumbsup:

5 rooms left.

Bringing the skull and crossbones flag.

MB>

Edited by mbelectric

The answer to everything.

At least it is the answer to the question, "what room are Tim and Beth in?"

Hi Everyone,

There are only a couple rooms left...

Let me know when the last one is gone. I have lined up a nice alternate location that is only a couple miles away.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Paul

I got my room! I forgot what the room number was but I have one.

Hi Al!! Glad you got a room, as did Joyce & I. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing you! Did Mike sign up yet? Chuck?

Don't worry about forgetting the room number, just another "senior moment", even if you are 20 yrs. younger. :D

Room Number? I was so excited to get Russ to call back, I have forgotten the exact room number! 2XA, A being a ground floor as I requested, I remebered that at least. I hope I don't forget the UN date! That would be a senior moment!

We've got room 31! :clap:

Guess who's in 32???????????????

:grin:

Well we can just bang on the walls at each other all night long then!

I'll brush up on my Morse Code

-... ..- -.. ...- .--- ---. ...- .-

.... .. .... .. (LOL in code)

The announcement was made 5 days ago... it's a shame people aren't excited about this :grin::clap:

Don't worry, the excitement will build. LOL

I sure hope the Pied Pipers come back thru here again. You don't know what fun is till you get a bunch of goofy BMW riders on their way to a UN Rally. :wave::grin::clap:

My wife is incredulous that I've already made arrangements for a trip that is "just down the road" from here and doesn't happen until next August, while she can't seem to get my attention for a trip to Scotland and Wales we'll be taking in May. :grin:

It is amazing... this feeling... and they'll never understand it if someone tries to explain it to them... :grin:... BUT IT'S WONDERFUL and I'm thankful no one has to explain it to me :thumbsup::clap:

I don't know, I'm thinking Scotland and Wales would get my attention no problem.

I have a feeling they won't be on a bike....

Motorcycling Truth

A motorcycle is not just a two-wheeled car.

The difference between driving a car and climbing onto a motorcycle is the difference between watching TV and actually living your life. We spend all our time sealed in boxes, and cars are just the rolling boxes that shuffle us from home-box to work-box to store-box and back, the whole time, entombed in stale air, temperature regulated, sound insulated, and smelling of carpets.

On a motorcycle, I know I am alive. When I ride, even the familiar seems strange and glorious. The air has weight and substance as I push through it, and its touch is as intimate as water to a swimmer. I feel the cool wells of air that pool under trees and the warm spokes of sun that fall through them.

I can see everything in a sweeping 360 degrees, up, down and around, wider than Pan-A-Vision and IMAX and unrestricted by ceiling or dashboard. Sometimes I even hear music. It's like hearing phantom telephones in the shower or false doorbells when vacuuming; the pattern-loving brain, seeking signals in the noise, raises acoustic ghosts out of the wind's roar. But on a motorcycle, I hear whole songs: rock 'n roll, dark orchestras, women's voices, all hidden in the air and released by speed. At 30 miles per hour and up, smells become uncannily vivid. All the individual tree-smells and flower-smells and grass-smells flit by like chemical notes in a great plant symphony. Sometimes the smells evoke memories so strongly that it's as though the past hangs invisible in the air around me, wanting only the most casual of rumbling time machines to unlock it. A ride on a summer afternoon can border on the rapturous. The sheer volume and variety of stimuli is like a bath for my nervous system, an electrical massage for my brain, a systems check for my soul. It tears smiles out of me: a minute ago I was dour, depressed, apathetic, numb, but now, on two wheels, big, ragged, windy smiles flap against the side of my face, billowing out of me like air from a decompressing plane.

Transportation is only a secondary function. A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy. I still think of myself as a motorcycle amateur, but by now I've had a handful of bikes over half a dozen years and slept under my share of bridges. I wouldn't trade one second of either the good times or the misery. Learning to ride is one of the best things I've done.

Cars lie to us and tell us we're safe, powerful, and in control. The air-conditioning fans murmur empty assurances and whisper, "Sleep, sleep." Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride.

Author unknown...

That is an amazingly insightful and deep look into hearts of riders. It says the things I've thought about riding but could never really put into words. I love it.

Bill in Vermont

Today, Friday, November 28 at 10:00 am I just got a call from Randy, and he booked me in room 51. So they must be about full. The Cabot Inn appears to be almost across the road and looks nice, if a bit pricey at twice the cost!

My wife is incredulous that I've already made arrangements for a trip that is "just down the road" from here and doesn't happen until next August, while she can't seem to get my attention for a trip to Scotland and Wales we'll be taking in May. :grin:

It is amazing... this feeling... and they'll never understand it if someone tries to explain it to them... :grin:... BUT IT'S WONDERFUL and I'm thankful no one has to explain it to me :thumbsup::clap:

I don't know, I'm thinking Scotland and Wales would get my attention no problem.

I have a feeling they won't be on a bike....

Motorcycling Truth

A motorcycle is not just a two-wheeled car.

The difference between driving a car and climbing onto a motorcycle is the difference between watching TV and actually living your life. We spend all our time sealed in boxes, and cars are just the rolling boxes that shuffle us from home-box to work-box to store-box and back, the whole time, entombed in stale air, temperature regulated, sound insulated, and smelling of carpets.

On a motorcycle, I know I am alive. When I ride, even the familiar seems strange and glorious. The air has weight and substance as I push through it, and its touch is as intimate as water to a swimmer. I feel the cool wells of air that pool under trees and the warm spokes of sun that fall through them.

I can see everything in a sweeping 360 degrees, up, down and around, wider than Pan-A-Vision and IMAX and unrestricted by ceiling or dashboard. Sometimes I even hear music. It's like hearing phantom telephones in the shower or false doorbells when vacuuming; the pattern-loving brain, seeking signals in the noise, raises acoustic ghosts out of the wind's roar. But on a motorcycle, I hear whole songs: rock 'n roll, dark orchestras, women's voices, all hidden in the air and released by speed. At 30 miles per hour and up, smells become uncannily vivid. All the individual tree-smells and flower-smells and grass-smells flit by like chemical notes in a great plant symphony. Sometimes the smells evoke memories so strongly that it's as though the past hangs invisible in the air around me, wanting only the most casual of rumbling time machines to unlock it. A ride on a summer afternoon can border on the rapturous. The sheer volume and variety of stimuli is like a bath for my nervous system, an electrical massage for my brain, a systems check for my soul. It tears smiles out of me: a minute ago I was dour, depressed, apathetic, numb, but now, on two wheels, big, ragged, windy smiles flap against the side of my face, billowing out of me like air from a decompressing plane.

Transportation is only a secondary function. A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy. I still think of myself as a motorcycle amateur, but by now I've had a handful of bikes over half a dozen years and slept under my share of bridges. I wouldn't trade one second of either the good times or the misery. Learning to ride is one of the best things I've done.

Cars lie to us and tell us we're safe, powerful, and in control. The air-conditioning fans murmur empty assurances and whisper, "Sleep, sleep." Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride.

Author unknown...

According to this linky the author is Dave Karlotski and he has a very interesting motorcycle web site.

Now that all 52 rooms in the primary motel are booked...

I have worked out an agreement with Coös Motor Inn about two miles away in the town of Lancaster.

c5lnh.jpg

Price is $60/night.

It is a newer motel and offers "either a King or 2 Queen beds, working table, private baths (tub & shower), air conditioning, refrigerator, color cable television, individual digital thermostats, telephone, hair dryers, iron, ironing boards, Free high-speed wireless internet access and Free Continental Breakfast. VCRs, Coffee makers, additional rollover beds are available upon request."

For reservations at the Coös Motor Inn, please call Sonny Patel and mention the BMW UNrally in August. Their address is:

Coös Motor Inn

209 Main Street

Lancaster, NH 03584

603-788-3079

PS: I did check a couple other places first:

Cabot Motor Inn was closest to the UN HQ but, was also much more expensive ($99) with mixed online reviews;

Lancaster Motor Inn would be cheaper ($50) but, the rooms are really run down.

Ideally, we would have everyone staying at the same motel above, but these others are available if you prefer. Let us know when and where you book your reservations and we'll let the majority decide.

Paul

Alan -

I do hope you don't snore too much because I'm right beside you in room 50. ;-)

OK, that part is done, now to get registered and getting the bike ready.... what do you mean its too early?! :dopeslap:

Jim

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that if you haven't registered yet on the Evenbrite site, please do so here: UNrally Registration

This will make it much easier for us to keep a count of everyone attending and cross reference later on with those who have, or have not, paid their $50 UNrally registration fee.

Thanks,

Paul

Ready for volunteer work as well!

\

Will you wash my bike???????

I may need an oil change too??????

:wave:

Sure, if the mighty SAMSAR so deems it to be! ;)

\

Careful....I may have somethin he wants.

\

Careful....I may have somethin he wants.

Yes you do, Whip... Just say the word and I'll "volunteer" him to throw in a Phreaky Bike Waxing too. :thumbsup:

Does no one camp? Sheesh...I guess the heated seats, ESA, heated grips, electrically adjustable windshield, etc. have softened our riders. (Except for Mcdonge & DrZep who are not only real men but real bikers too!)

I'm going to be in the woods like god meant bikers to r&r - just look for the Skull & Bones, Flying Rubber Chicken, and eyebrow high fire :D

Edited by DiggerJim
Does no one camp? Sheesh...I guess the heated seats, ESA, heated grips, electrically adjustable windshield, etc. have softened our riders. (Except for Mcdonge & DrZep who are not only real men but real bikers too!)

I'm going to be in the woods like god meant bikers to r&r - just look for the Skull & Bones, Flying Rubber Chicken, and eyebrow high fire :D

If I can make it up, I'll be camping. I just can't make any definite plans yet due to my fiance graduating from nursing school in May, and the possibility of a wedding date next fall.

I'll bring the rubber chicken :grin:

the possibility of a wedding date next fall.

Hellllooooooooo, we do weddings at BMWST events ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch! Hey, my wife won't camp! (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

095.jpg

I usually do!! but....it just so happens that this years UN in a little teeney tiny town in NH is where my mother lives...in a giant victorian mansion. :clap:

I usually do!! but....it just so happens that this years UN in a little teeney tiny town in NH is where my mother lives...in a giant victorian mansion.

Careful... you might just have 200 of your closest friends coming over for dinner one night :rofl:

Hellllooooooooo, we do weddings at BMWST events ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle just happened to be walking into the room as I was reading this. Hell, I would rather invite you all instead of my family. At least the reception would be a good time. Needless to say, Danielle read it and let out a chuckle.....I'll leave it at that :grin:

[quote=OoPEZoO

If I can make it up, I'll be camping. I just can't make any definite plans yet due to my fiance graduating from nursing school in May, and the possibility of a wedding date next fall.

PM sent