IGNORED

Ye Olde New England UNrally Announcement

SAMSAR

This will be Wicked Good!

How about some plans for route and dates from the Florida crew?

I'm going with plan A, that is the auto train from Stanford to Lorton VA. $379.00 round trip.

It's still 604 miles from Lorton to the camp

ground but at least I spared myself the ride up I-95.

Calvin  (no socks)

I haven't done I 95 in a few weeks...looking forward to the slab ride to upstate NY...then back roads to Connecticut (visit relatives). Might even have a 1300s by then. :)

Ok here goes, it's time for me to return some of the great hospitality I have gotten from the great people that I have met on business trips in the last couple of years.

I live about 425 miles from the UN site just a bit north of Philadelphia.

I have 3 couches in the house, 3 bunks and a queen size bed in the camper, some floor space and a bit of space for 4 or 5 small tents. These will be available first come first served basis. Please PM me and I will assist with directions because all the mapping software puts you about a half mile down the road from my house.

I just received a call from Randy as well. I'm in Room #25 -- upper level of lower unit, a "room with a view". It has two beds. :grin:

Just logged on and see the UnRally location was announced days ago... afraid I might have been too late to get a room so I instantly jumped on the phone and was able to get room 19. Whoohoo!!! Now I'll go back and look up what state it's in and other minor details like that.

Just logged on and see the UnRally location was announced days ago... afraid I might have been too late to get a room so I instantly jumped on the phone and was able to get room 19. Whoohoo!!! Now I'll go back and look up what state it's in and other minor details like that.

:grin::clap:

Crap. Rooms all gone already and no answer at the hotel. Looks like I may have to find another place to stay. :cry:

All the rooms gone? Was that posted? I think you might have mis-read something. Unless you mean you just called and were told that. Please clarify, thanks!

Lone_RT_rider
Crap. Rooms all gone already and no answer at the hotel. Looks like I may have to find another place to stay. :cry:

When you find something let us know. I was hoping to break my streak of not attending Un-ralley's since 2005. I'd love to go, but I am not camping.

Shawn

Nice n Easy Rider

When you find something let us know. I was hoping to break my streak of not attending Un-ralley's since 2005. I'd love to go, but I am not camping.

Shawn

Well, there are only 32 registered attendees thus far (by my count) and they aren't all staying in the motel (52 rooms) so I'd guess there might still be rooms available. Give Randy a chance - after all, it is the weekend.

Lone_RT_rider

Shawn

Well, there are only 32 registered attendees thus far (by my count) and they aren't all staying in the motel (52 rooms) so I'd guess there might still be rooms available. Give Randy a chance - after all, it is the weekend.

Ok, my mistake. The last poster made it sound like there were 20 rooms and there weren't no more.

I think... but I'm not sure... that it only looks like the rooms are all taken. If you go to their web-site the rooms for the days of the UN appear taken, BUT that may have been done to block them for us.

Give Randy a call, get your name in for a room (via a voice message) and he will call you back.

I believe I saw that there were 52 rooms. They can't all be taken already!

??? Just landed in country a little while ago and looking at the postings now. I'm surprised Randy's out of rooms already. I've got a call into him to confirm.

Regardless... with the rooms going so quickly, I'm going to talk with him to see if I can work out a deal with the other local motels... there are also some B&B's that might be options too for people... If need be, I can make a run up that way this weekend to hammer out the details.

And here I was worried about just filling up the 52 rooms! :eek:

I'm starting another thread for people wait-listed, room mates wanted, that sort of thing.... Please post there or send me a PM so I can get a sense on number of additional rooms needed beyond the 52 onsite.

Thanks!

Yes...

Just a reminder that you should NOT be using the campground website... I believe the rooms are blocked there already and the website wouldn't know about the discounted rates.

Call Randy directly... Sounds like he's been good about getting back to people.

Paul

Lancaster has a few hotels right on main street also. The same roadway as the UN, just 2 miles down into town. No traffic to speak of-- Oh wait a minute- there is one traffic light --but it's only a flashing yellow one downtown in front of the bank.

I love that town!

Thanks waylap!

I'll be working to lock those motels down too as alternates once the primary UN HQ rooms are booked.

I should be able to secure a better group deal for everyone so don't make your reservations elsewhere yet!

Randy and I will be trading emails on options over the next couple days.

Thanks!

Paul

You're not out of luck, Al. Take a chill lozenge and go read the instructions again. :grin:

I checked on their website the very hour Paul first told us about it (to look into the possibly getting one of the four cabins) and the three nights for all the motel rooms were already blocked off for our group. With 52 rooms, some folks bunking up and/or camping to save on funds there should be no problem getting everyone on site. Remember to let it ring through to Randy's cell phone and leave a message (if he doesn't answer). Randy is not on-site--he's down in Texas trying to enjoy a vacation . . . he should have checked with SAMSAR's schedule first!!! :grin:

Bring it folks!!! LET'S MOTO!!!!!!!! :Cool:

If the riding is half as good as this location to host it appears to be . . . plus the UnTeam heading it up . . . THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THE VERY BEST UnRALLIES EVER!!!!!!

C'mon, Shawn!!!!! BREAK THAT STREAK!!!!!! :Cool:

Jamie,

I grew up just east of there in central ME. I logged lots of miles during my High School days in western ME and eastern NH. There is awesome riding in every direction.

Edited by ltljohn

Looking at the pictures and description, this may be best Unrally site yet. IMHO they were all good, but for me until now the best was Cody.

Paul to Paul, thanks for finding this place and all the work you and your co-conspirators are doing!

Lone_RT_rider

I'm almost scared to... As Phillyflash puts it, there is some baaaaaaaaaaaad Ju Ju following me everytime I head to an unrally.

1. Eureka Springs: Spent most of 2 days hiding from the rain.

2. Cody: Spent 3 days in a hotel room recovering from Montezuma's revenge after a business trip to Mexico.

3. Stanton: Failed HES on Rainy's bike on the first day.

After that... somehow we lost the urge to go... :eek::dopeslap:

I'm almost scared to... As Phillyflash puts it, there is some baaaaaaaaaaaad Ju Ju following me everytime I head to an unrally.

1. Eureka Springs: Spent most of 2 days hiding from the rain.

2. Cody: Spent 3 days in a hotel room recovering from Montezuma's revenge after a business trip to Mexico.

3. Stanton: Failed HES on Rainy's bike on the first day.

After that... somehow we lost the urge to go... :eek::dopeslap:

Shawn, I know it's your job, but stop thinking so much.

Just wait till 8/9, then GO! :grin:

I'm in reservation made.

As of 2:34 Eastern Standard Time on 24 Nov 2008 Randy told me that after he finishes following up with his current messages he will have about 10 rooms left.

Edited by ltljohn

My wife is incredulous that I've already made arrangements for a trip that is "just down the road" from here and doesn't happen until next August, while she can't seem to get my attention for a trip to Scotland and Wales we'll be taking in May. :grin:

Edited by marcopolo
My wife is incredulous that I've already made arrangements for a trip that is "just down the road" from here and doesn't happen until next August, while she can't seem to get my attention for a trip to Scotland and Wales we'll be taking in May. :grin:

It is amazing... this feeling... and they'll never understand it if someone tries to explain it to them... :grin:... BUT IT'S WONDERFUL and I'm thankful no one has to explain it to me :thumbsup::clap:

It is amazing... this feeling... and they'll never understand it if someone tries to explain it to them... :grin:... BUT IT'S WONDERFUL and I'm thankful no one has to explain it to me :thumbsup::clap:

I don't know, I'm thinking Scotland and Wales would get my attention no problem.

I don't know, I'm thinking Scotland and Wales would get my attention no problem.

I have a feeling they won't be on a bike....

I have a feeling they won't be on a bike....

You got that right (guess I should have mentioned that).

how do you like your k1200RSport??? did you change anything? everthing?? I have one but am looking for a better seat, bar risers and windshield. I already lowered the pegs...I don't normally buy a bike and completely redo it but I had to have this bike cause my husband got one!! vicki

Got a call out to Randy to reserve a room. Waiting for a call back. BUT, barring any difficulties in that regard, Georgi and I are in for our first UNrally!