IGNORED

Ye Olde New England UNrally Announcement

SAMSAR

095.jpg

I usually do!! but....it just so happens that this years UN in a little teeney tiny town in NH is where my mother lives...in a giant victorian mansion. :clap:

Party!!!! :clap:

Does no one camp? Sheesh...I guess the heated seats, ESA, heated grips, electrically adjustable windshield, etc. have softened our riders. (Except for Mcdonge & DrZep who are not only real men but real bikers too!)

I'm going to be in the woods like god meant bikers to r&r - just look for the Skull & Bones, Flying Rubber Chicken, and eyebrow high fire :D

If I can make it up, I'll be camping. I just can't make any definite plans yet due to my fiance graduating from nursing school in May, and the possibility of a wedding date next fall.

You need a date to take to a wedding next fall?

Why are you looking here?

Count me out... :wave:

I'll bring the rubber chicken :grin:

Hellllooooooooo, we do weddings at BMWST events ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle just happened to be walking into the room as I was reading this. Hell, I would rather invite you all instead of my family. At least the reception would be a good time. Needless to say, Danielle read it and let out a chuckle.....I'll leave it at that :grin:

We also do combination Tech Daze Events, First Responder Courses, AND Honeymoon's... Just ask Mark (Vita Rara) and Sylvia (Berkley)! :thumbsup:

IMG_2074.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, DiggerJim is an ordained priest and, and I've stumbled on a couple popular wedding sites while planning routes. Here's the covered bridge option at Sunday River (also known as Artist's Bridge)...

2917660662_bb30d6d4f7.jpg

Or a little more south is The Cathedral of the Pines.

cathedral_of_the_pines.jpg

And... what could be more romantic than a honeymoon in a two-person tent surrounded by nearly 200 of your closest online motorcycle friends.

I can see the wedding gifts now... :grin:

You guys are too much

You do all realize, that any of this wouldn't bother me in the least little bit. Its more of an issue that Danielle has been planning every last detail of a wedding for past 28 +/- years. It amazes me that someone can put THAT much thought into something and still can't make up her mind........but thats a different thread :dopeslap:

my wife makes wedding cakes (yes full 3 and 4 tier) wedding cakes. I am sure we could make a BMW RT wedding cake !!!!! and a standard 3 tier wedding cake. Sounds like we have a plan.

I'll spring for the Champagne!

Betcha didn't see that one coming Danielle. :dopeslap:

I'll take part of that action Calvin, I have some friends in the business!

Come on Keith, you know you want to! :thumbsup:

Y'know . . . Leslie and I have sung at a few weddings in our time! :grin:

427665878_LzqPV-L.jpg

It looks to me like we need to start a new thread so we can all help plan Keith and Danielle's wedding next August at the UnRally!! So . . . who's "IN!"??? :D

Y'know . . . Leslie and I have sung at a few weddings in our time! :grin:

427665878_LzqPV-L.jpg

It looks to me like we need to start a new thread so we can all help plan Keith and Danielle's wedding next August at the UnRally!! So . . . who's "IN!"??? :D

I'm OUT!!!!

I don't know much and don't even know the bride, but the groom said:

"Its more of an issue that Danielle has been planning every last detail of a wedding for past 28 +/- years."

I'm not brave enough to antagonize a bride who has been planning this wedding for over 28 years, are you????? :wave:

427665878_LzqPV-L.jpg

"Let's start another called "what's Jamie saying Ooooo to!"

This actually was Jamies very first BMWST event. His introduction; "I'm COOL Jamie & dont you suckers forget it." Thankfully he's mellowed a bit since then. Les was quite embarrassed. :grin:

Pat

Well, I sure could help out on that wedding as I am a certified lay speaker but we may also be doing my funeral as the Monday arrival is also my mother's birthday. So, it will be a Happy Birthday Ma, here's your gift, kisses and hugs as I dodge the skillet winging by me on the way down the road.

Bob

Okay, Pat--you just made "the list". :P

Actually, that's the face I'm going to be making as a not-so-embarrassed-Les is kicking your A$$ at the UnRally: "Oooooooh that looks like it's gotta hurt!" :rofl:

427665878_LzqPV-L.jpg

Jamie - the Barry Gibb years or was it the George Michael ones?????????

Toni Tennile looks fine, but don't go out in public without your captains hat!

Been asleep at the wheel on this one! Kelly and I will be there -- hope to get a room but might rent the big 38 foot trailer or talk a motorhome owner friend of mine to ride up!

My Avatar on the BMW site has been BarNone -- I included the other one I use -- Kayaker -- when registering. Mad Cow arriving?

First UNrally -- any advice?

Yes, to get into the spirit of UN... one must let go of any strongly held preconceptions concerning organization, schedules, or sense of order. Leave all that at home.

Embrace the now... be open to things like spontaneous rides, snack food in parking lots, beers while sitting on the curb etc...

In other words relax, say Hi to people you do not know, do your thing and invite others to go along... ride your ride.

It’s an open venue. For some of us, we don’t “sit around” very well; it ain’t in the genes so we just ride.

Yup....and some of like to sit around. One day it might be a 3-400 mile ride through the mountains......the next might involve sitting around the front of the hotel catching up with friends. The trick to an UNrally (or any other BMWST event I've been to) is to figure out what YOU want to do, and then just do it. You're bound to have a good time and make friends in the process.

BarNone: Just don't be shy. A lot of people here have known each other for a few years and will jump right into conversations. Don't be afraid to walk up and introduce yourself.

I went to the UN in Gunnison, CO w/o ever having met a single person before the rally. Before I left, I had a lot of new friends.

Don't be afraid to stick out your hand and say "Hi, I'm BarNone, I don't believe I've met you." Works every time.

Now, if possible, know in advance if you are meeting Whip, or hANNAbONE. You have to look out for those two. :rofl:

Often small groups form rather informally for rides. Don't be shy about either starting a group of joining one. One of my most fun memories is following Jamie and Momma Hoon at the UN in W VA a couple of years ago. They were riding two up, with bags. I was one up, w/o bags and couldn't even start to keep up.

See you there. You will have a good time.

Don't know if your rubber chicken was from Samsar's tech daze. I am the proud owner of it now! Just as soon someone else wins it next time.

Nope, my rubber chicken was a Christmas present from my fiance a few years ago. His name is Buck and is currently hanging from a noose in my bedroom closet.

First UNrally -- any advice?

Ya! Don't pi$$ off Jamie or you'll be dealing with Mama Hoon. ;):wave:

Pat

I don't think I've ever seen cool Jamie pissed before, just cooool.

It’s an open venue. For some of us, we don’t “sit around” very well; it ain’t in the genes so we just ride.

....you promised you were gonna see someone about that.

:dopeslap:

Nope, my rubber chicken was a Christmas present from my fiance a few years ago. His name is Buck and is currently hanging from a noose in my bedroom closet.

Uhh, is "Buck" a chicken or a fiancee? (or both? :eek:)

(from a prior award-winner at Samsars :dopeslap:)

Uhh, is "Buck" a chicken or a fiancee? (or both? :eek:)

(from a prior award-winner at Samsars :dopeslap:)

Buck is the chicken......Danielle is the fiance

Hey I only see six names from north of the 49th registered so far! Come on Canadians, lets get with it! We've got a northern Pied Piper run to plan!

I miss many of our Northeast friends from the participant list. TomK, Mark/VitaRara and Sylva/Berkley, Beemergirl, and others, where are you? A Unrally in your backyard and you won't be there?

OK Paul, you flushed me out. Room 18(I think)reserved. At 105 miles it will be a bit like a little kid going out in the back yard tent to sleep. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

OK Paul, you flushed me out. Room 18(I think)reserved. At 105 miles it will be a bit like a little kid going out in the back yard tent to sleep. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

:thumbsup:

Who says you have to take the short route? ;)

Will be good to see you again.

I miss many of our Northeast friends from the participant list. TomK, Mark/VitaRara and Sylva/Berkley, Beemergirl, and others, where are you? A Unrally in your backyard and you won't be there?

I think many are going who have not actually registered... It seems I have seen many announce room assignments.

(quote) I think many are going who have not actually registered... It seems I have seen many announce room assignments.

Thanks for reminding me