IGNORED

Remus Exhaust for R1200RT

imeyers

I am interested in purchasing a Remus exhaust for my R1200RT. Has anyone installed one yet. Just looking for opinions on the sound. I don't want anything crazy, just something a little sportier than the stock piece. Any help would be appreciated.

I've had a Remus Revolution Carbon system on my 12ST for a couple of months now. I posted a picture on this thread: http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/sh...true#Post528740

I'm very happy with it. I think it looks a lot better than stock. I'm also very happy with the sound, which isn't loud. No droning at crusing speeds, nice rumble at idle, a little raspy but nice when WOT. A bit of poping on decel, just like the stock, but louder. It's a little less raspy with the baffel in, but not that much quieter over all.

I have the full system. But, unless you're goal is to get rid of the ugly chrome, like I did, then save your money and just get the slip-on. Most of the weight savings is in the can, not the rest of the pipe. And, I doubt there was any performance gain getting rid of the CAT.

Archived