IGNORED

Bridgestone BT014

chasgrips45

I thought 014's were more of a sportbike tire comparable ot a pilot sport of a Dunlop D208... than a sport touring tire. I wouldn't expect wear to be that impressive. I never got more than 5000 miles on those types of tires on my sportbikes. I'd expect less on a heavy touring bike.

They stick great but mileage is not one of their strong points from my experience. My last BT014 rear tire was bald at 3,500 miles. For reference, I averaged 4,500 miles using Metzler Z4's and my last Z6 lasted for 6,000 miles.

I live in Franklin NC. The roads are beautiful,however I thought the Bridgestones would me an edge over breaking my ass ! I don`t know how long they`ll last ,but for instance' the ride up my drive way is a scary experience! I believe that the Metzler (Z1s ?) broke loose too many times ,my 63year old body breaks easier shah it used to! We`ll see how things go ,if they don`t last anywhere near what they should ,I `ll start a new dreaded tire thread! I sure wish I could find another MSF advanced rider class,the last one I took was in 1990,a few new hints & critique of my driving habits sure wouln`t hurt

Archived