IGNORED

::..bIRTHDAY boy gets hot on the Price is Right..:

hANNAbONE

That extra $25k ought to help pay taxes. :)

I had a friend who won both showcases (she was within $100 or whatever it is) and ended up declining a lotta stuff for just that reason.

Pretty cool birthday though. Maybe Calvin can get that lucky.

Wow, Matt, your friend is pretty lucky. My MOPS group just went to a taping of the Price is Right, and it takes a lot of luck to do that well (first, just to get called, and then on the big wheel spin to go to the showcase).

One lady in our group got picked...she won a sofa and $3,000. She was going for a car, but $3000 ain't a bad consolation prize!

Today, they were trying to give away a Porshe 911! Dude didn't win though.

(Yeah, I watch the Price is Right...what of it! The kid eats a bottle during that time!) :)

That extra $25k ought to help pay taxes. :)

I had a friend who won both showcases (she was with $100 or whatever it is) and ended up declining a lotta stuff for just that reason.

Pretty cool birthday though. Maybe Calvin can get that lucky.

I watched that show....the kid was having a very good day. It seemed he could do nothing wrong. Nice kid to.

I've always wondered.....can you exchange the prize you win for the cash it's worth or do you have to take whatever prize you win.

Your friend you declined a lot of stuff.....did she get the cash for it or just outright declined it?

I've always wondered.....can you exchange the prize you win for the cash it's worth or do you have to take whatever prize you win.

Your friend you declined a lot of stuff.....did she get the cash for it or just outright declined it?

Outright declined it. She took one of the trips with a friend, took the minivan and immediately sold it, and a couple of other things, but basically, she couldn't afford to keep everything. It's like getting 70% off on something you really didn't want to begin with... You've still gotta pay taxes (or have sufficient deductions to cover it.)

They've got the prizes that have been supplied "furnished" by manufacturers (or distributors or whomever), so you either get the prize or you get... nothing.

And yes, she was very lucky, but after talking to her, it wasn't really a huge life changing deal for her. It was just something that happened to her and enabled her to have a bit of cash that she wouldn't have had. It seemed to be a rather typical 19 year old reaction IMHO.

Archived