IGNORED

Your most memorable photo/moment of 2008 road trip

Keith S

One of the blue line roads in the Smokies, picture taken onboard by my better half.

DSC01108.jpg

Miss Kitty and Beth during Kitty's 100CCC

DSC00950.jpg

Belt sander races.

A trip about the people, not the roads.

DSC00924.jpg

I didn't go anywhere in 2008. I was unemployed for almost 70% of the year :eek: [Luckily, I did get a job with a printing company, this is day 5!!!, doing b2b sales :clap: :clap: :clap:

The LGB [Limey Green Bastard] is going to a new home in Ohio. The new owner is flying on Sunday morning, and will be heading home that afternoon.

This is the most memorable picture of the LGB....the last one after a really, really nice sunday ride with good friends on some new roads I have never been on [pretty good for a local ride] and an omelette called the "Kitchen Sink" :thumbsup:

3048613979_327f3522cd_o.jpg

This was the first picture, after I picked the LGB up. [At that time, it didn't have a memorable nickname. :dopeslap:

615161025_695a29ce8e_b.jpg

:eek::cry::eek::cry::eek::cry:

Can't wait till I afford to get another bike...

:lurk:

Belt sander races.

A trip about the people, not the roads.

DSC00924.jpg

Tim,

Did you make it to the races????

Damn, no one tells me nothing. If I'd known, I would of damn sure of been there. :dopeslap:

Routa 40, Argentina

249848316_t8eUM-L.jpg

Arrival at Estancia Rio Capitan, Argentina

249847921_fqV7y-L.jpg

Torres del Paine, Chile.

256889636_ijVHg-L.jpg

Los Cuernos, Torres del Paine, Chile.

252865282_yfhz9-L.jpg

Dan,

Beth and I rode 600 miles to see the races and eat Tortilla Soup.

And see a lot of friends.

Wish we had seen you there.

Here's a pic from Cedar Key.

DSC00834.jpg[/img]

Dan,

Beth and I rode 600 miles to see the races and eat Tortilla Soup.

And see a lot of friends.

Wish we had seen you there.

Here's a pic from Cedar Key.

DSC00834.jpg[/img]

If I've known you were coming, I would of been there. You should let a brother know when you're in town [Land O' Lakes is only 20 miles away]

Hands down, one of the most amazing pictures I've ever seen.

256889636_ijVHg-L.jpg

I've been thinking of when Danny got called "Tender Browns" (Oh yes, that HAD to come up :clap: ),

Thanks for the memories, Jan. :/

At least now I know how to order breakfast when I'm out west. :grin:

My most memorable photo/moment of 2008 on the road was my getting to go to yellowstone and getting to see AND take a picture of a black bear.

bear1.jpg

It would be soooooo cool to get a polar bear up close to.

Lone_RT_rider
This is from the only trip I took this year. I sold my bike a few weeks later.

3019558299_45fb23279f.jpg

I recognize that view Burt. I miss seeing that and the locks at the Soo. Sorry the bike had to go. Did you get anything else?

Shawn

I recognize that view Burt. I miss seeing that and the locks at the Soo. Sorry the bike had to go. Did you get anything else?

Shawn

Shawn,

Nothing yet. I've been looking at several different bikes, but if I don't ride more that I was earlier this year it would be a waste of money.

Really hard to pick just one, so I won't.

The most memorable moment has to be when I caught the flash flood near Tropic, Utah.

orig.jpg

orig.jpgorig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpgorig.jpgorig.jpgorig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpgorig.jpg

The most memorable photo is one that I just shot with no sense of composition or lighting, but it was admired by those who know photography, Tom and Francois.

orig.jpg

bart_vanreeth

I remember this : in the mountains of Corsica meeting a family of wild pigs...

IMG_1766.jpg

And this one I like too. Siesta time in a mountain village in Corsica. I was sitting outside a café having this view when I toke the picture. There was an almost unreal silence there. The only thing I heard was the ticking of the cooling metal of my GSA..

IMG_2042.jpg [/img]

The most memorable moment has to be when I caught the flash flood near Tropic, Utah.

Cool sequence there, eddd. About what was the total elapsed time on that series, ie. how fast was the flood?

Cool sequence there, eddd. About what was the total elapsed time on that series, ie. how fast was the flood?

Thanks. I would guess it was about 90 seconds or so.

What an amazing thread this turned out to be. I was truly moved while viewing the replies and photos. It was a quick look into the lives of the people here.

Well Done Folks!!!

Keith

DaveTheAffable

Riding with my now 16 year old daughter Bonnie, on the Angeles Highway and visiting Vasquez Rocks.

276349249_XWjCb-L.jpg

This is a great thread... :grin:

I have to post two:

This one is from a mid west trip in June with a friend. It's just one of many great photos!

cimg0696xq5.th.jpg

This one is from a short trip I took with my son in March. We had a great time...

cimg0494ms1.th.jpg

Top of the Gross Glockner, late August.

I like that.......I'm gonna goggle Gross Glockner.

:thumbsup:

Here's the web site for the road!

I like it even more now.

Even their website is cool. I love the interactive map.

Thanks Again

Whip

This is a wonderful, wonderful thread. Thanks all.

For my part:

First, arriving in Death Valley after spending the day hooning across the desert with Barry and Val. A great day.

246219644_Aw2bQ-XL.jpg

Second, a couple of photos from Utah (Spring Torrey). With my Mom aboard, it was the most important road trip I've ever taken. 3000 miles of quality time with one of my closest friends, made all the sweeter because she'd just celebrated her fifth year out from breast cancer.

432534298_MtVZ3-XL.jpg

Natural Bridges National Monument

432537462_UcsmF-XL.jpg

Valley of the Gods

Archived