IGNORED

Your most memorable photo/moment of 2008 road trip

Keith S

Torrey, hands down. In a year of limited time to ride that was really a great trip for me, despite the epic three storms in three days on the trip out. When I came down out of the mountains and the snow storm, the sky cleared the sun was out and I was off on my maiden voyage on UT-95.

304186223_5YZkk-M.jpg

304186118_eFBXY-M.jpg

304186000_B8k8q-M.jpg

Seeing the Pacific for the first time after my 50CC was special.

335229010_HtCLB-L.jpg

But the most memorable was playing RoadPhil for Jamie on the way to the Un. :thumbsup:

331122498_qgWFT-L.jpg

Joe Frickin' Friday
BRR Spring 2008.....

It was a rough year and I really miss my friends....

285878412_gTLQ5-L.jpg

I didn't travel much on the bike this year (twice to BRR, that's it), and didn't take many pics. Best pic? Probably that one there. :)

Best moment? Sitting at a table behind the Maggie Valley Inn, tired after a great day of riding, about a beer and a half down, with a couple of rowdy canines frolicking next to the bar behind us. Hanging out with just the right crowd of people, feeling just the right buzz, smelling just the right amount of cigar smoke and campfire smoke, I remember thinking, wow...this is really nice. :Cool:

On the way to the Grand Canyon this year. The wind was blowing like crazy as we left-I think we wore/ate at least 2 pounds of dirt on our way out of there!

monumentvalleyjpgze5.jpg

There were so many...

June Lake, California. On my way to Death Valley. 19 degrees this morning, April 2008

04_12_080581.jpg

somewhere in the Nevada desert. Low 20's this morning, April 2008

04_12_083631.jpg

Highway 36, California. I came here to get out of the fog on the beach, February 2008.

02_16_081061.jpg

If I had to pick one.....Photo courtesy of Knifemaker........hanging out Roger at the BRR this fall. There is no substitute for hanging out with good people.

393094462_xkckC-M.jpg

If I had to pick one.....Photo courtesy of Knifemaker........hanging out Roger at the BRR this fall. There is no substitute for hanging out with good people.

393094462_xkckC-M.jpg

Ditto my friend. I thought about that picture before I posted the

one from Torrey. It was a toss up :thumbsup:

Favorite photo. Sawtooth Range in Central Idaho near Stanley.

sawtoothrange.jpg

Favorite memory was watching my wife Vicki improve by leaps and bounds as a rider on her first real road trip through Eastern Oregon.

If I had to pick one.....Photo courtesy of Knifemaker........hanging out Roger at the BRR this fall. There is no substitute for hanging out with good people

I remember that night...What an enjoyable time...

Same trip.....

393093917_VgwKU-L.jpg

Rob with this goofy grin. We had just finished Sweeper Madness and Fish Lake and listened to some goof ball whine that his wife wouldn't let him have a motorcycle.

Good times..

298577014_knTFu-M.jpg

sorry buddy.

/Users/stevemckinley/Desktop/Starship.jpg

Do you mean this one?

105458033.jpg

I kinda like this one too from Spring Torrey--that was a fine day.

106171397.jpg

Rob with this goofy grin. We had just finished Sweeper Madness and Fish Lake and listened to some goof ball whine that his wife wouldn't let him have a motorcycle.

Good times..

298577014_knTFu-M.jpg

sorry buddy.

Those were good times. :) Looking forward to spring Torrey. By the way that was one THICK milk shake. :eek:

Good times..

298577014_knTFu-M.jpg

sorry buddy.

Those were good times. :) Looking forward to spring Torrey. By the way that was one THICK milk shake. :eek:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Two straws? !? !? !? !? !

I saw this thread last night, and I'm still having a hard time picking one...

Okay, tough one on the pics, but I think the ride to Torrey via Co. might be the top ride. Several pics though:

299120030_htPvG-X2.jpg

Drink the KoolAid:

299120371_Z2fL8-L.jpg

299131504_xYwFL-L.jpg

Sunset in Ouray:

300235816_7SPd2-L.jpg

Okay, last one for now: Chasing Jacqueline on the Miliion Dollar Highway:

300241070_TGPvt-L.jpg

My favorite pictures are too numerous, but the trip/ride through Yellowstone with Jan & Sharon was way up there on the fun scale!

Ran into this couple from Alabama, each riding a HD, they were fresh from getting a very close encounter with a nice bull elk and good pictures to showoff when they get home. Nice visit. Looks like I am giving them the 152hp ESA CC EAW spill.

yellowstone.jpg

The animals were great, course black bear I posted before was the highlight.

yellowstone2.jpg

Our tour guide from SLC to John Day and beyond!

yellowstone3.jpg

Yep, Sharon and I were thinking of the trip to John Day too. But I don't know that I'd have thought of that AL couple. She was quite the pistol though, wasn't she. Pretty bike too IIRC.

I've been thinking about those moments, I've been thinking of when Danny got called "Tender Browns" (Oh yes, that HAD to come up :clap:), or when Jamie was surprised to see her hubby and bike show up. I've been thinking about bear and moose and fried pickles and Lolo Pass.

One more ride for me yet this year though... AZ Desert Campout . I'm talking about spending a couple of weeks in AZ with the truck and dirt bike, so can't make any decisions yet.

Also, there is this, that's a bit hard to let go:

267059566_ksWD8-O.jpg

It's going to be tough for us, Two Torreys, a BRR, Ouray, the UnRally, two TechDaze... and the Sierras, and the Arizona Desert.... Lots of miles, people, and memories. But likely John Day will win out.

These are the problems I like to have!

Jan

I think she meant the max speed. Not taking photos at that exact moment. Her bike got a little squirrelly and she backed off. Mine went up to it's design limits and rode comfortably, sustained. Now with her new shocks she'll need to try that again sometime.

...Her bike got a little squirrelly and she backed off. Mine went up to it's design limits and rode comfortably, sustained.

I'm guessing it's a matter of ballast Jan :grin::wave:

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I have three photos, cause I just couldn't decide. The first is with my Dad at Oshkosh. I honestly couldn't remember the last time we hung out together, just the two of us. This was a memorable trip.

343998894_poUcZ-L.jpg

And then there's the UnRally, of course.

328551383_mWAqY-L.jpg

337130115_wDe2L-L.jpg

It's great to see everyone else's photos!

I have it narrowed down to two of 'em. They aren't very artistic, but they mean a lot:

This one because it personifies the spirit of BMWST

Livinthelife.jpg

5 folks, 3 of which never met, ride to a place hundreds of miles away from home just to hang out and share a common bond, motorcycles.

and this one, because it reminds me that true friends remain that way regardless of time and occupation

MeJP.jpg

John and I have been friends for 15 years, regardless of employers opinions of each other and us!

After the UnRally in John Day, my wife flew out to Portland OR and we spent two weeks on the bike touring Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Alberta. Here are four pictures from that trip.

The first is the two of us on the Icefields Parkway in the Canadian Rockies. This is between Lake Louise and Jasper (Alberta).

IMG_4129.jpg

This one is the view from Bow Summit, along the Icefields Parkway.

IMG_4133.jpg

Next is Moraine Lake, which is quite close to Lake Louise, Alberta (Oops. Can't figure out why pic has not been rotated like it is on the hosting site).

IMG_4016.jpg

Here's the view from the main bar at Chateau Lake Louise, with the glacier in the background.

IMG_3918.jpg

Finally, the two of us with Lake Louise as the backdrop.

IMG_3943.jpg

Archived