IGNORED

Heated Vest Question.

chasgrips45

I`ve got a A BMW heated vest. It has the on off configuration. Is there a (Rheostat?) available that can be set to some type besides on or off?

I`ve got a A BMW heated vest. It has the on off configuration. Is there a (Rheostat?) available that can be set to some type besides on or off?

chasgrips45, lots of rheostat & pulse width modulated heated clothing controllers available..

What type of plug does your vest have? You can always get adapters but that is messy & a pain to package on your riding gear.. Best to find a controller that has a plug that matches your vest plug..

Twisty

Survived-til-now

How old is this BMW heated vest? BMW vests have had "off/low/high" (which is thermostatically controlled) for years - might be easier to get a new vest than try and match someone elses control to it....... though having said that I chopped the useless connector off mine and soldered in a rubberised din-plug because the BMW version kept coming apart on the move.

Heat Troller? Available where? BTW it`s relatively new vest with the standard BMW plug in. As I said either it`s on or off,I thought for sure that there was some type of variable controller to put in line ,& do away with the on off switch. I`ll check out the Heat Troller.

BMW-branded heated vests were (in year 2003 and for a period unknown to me) produced by Widder in Ojai (now going out of business). Widder's standard DC cord has a simple on/off switch. Perhaps you have one of those, so see the website to confirm style and look for compatible accessories.

Jeff

Archived