IGNORED

06 R1200RT lost left mirror

Arizona_oldguy

Arizona_oldguy

I lost the left mirror, the part that breaks away when you drop it :( , while riding home in the dark. I had had it off, while cleaning, and must not have got it all the way on.

If any of you have one that would fit; maybe one that got all scratched in a drop but can still be used; or know who to order it from please contact me by e-mail: glenn@sunrisechapel.org, or pm.

Thanks,

Glenn

I lost the left mirror, the part that breaks away when you drop it :( , while riding home in the dark. I had had it off, while cleaning, and must not have got it all the way on.

If any of you have one that would fit; maybe one that got all scratched in a drop but can still be used; or know who to order it from please contact me by e-mail: glenn@sunrisechapel.org, or pm.

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn, I have seen a few listed on E-Bay lately.. Currently there is a R/H with a bid of $10.00 on it.. There was a L/H a few days ago but it looks like it was sold..

Twisty

Nice n Easy Rider
Though it's shutting the barn door after the horses have escaped, consider adding Touratech's mirror safety cables to your mirrors. http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.lasso?sku=047-0001 (And yes, a dislodged but dangling mirror may scratch the side fairing ... choose your pain carefully.)

I haven't had my mirror off yet so I'm wondering: Is it possible to use cable ties as short safety cables that would keep the mirror off the ground as well as the fairing?

I haven't had my mirror off yet so I'm wondering: Is it possible to use cable ties as short safety cables that would keep the mirror off the ground as well as the fairing?

Great question! I didn't explore that option because my bike's mirrors were secured with the safety cables by its prior owner.

Pop 'em off and experiment! Smack the edge fairly hard with the heel of one hand while holding the mirror with the other hand. Very un-tricky to do after the first time.

I just used a short section of 12 Ga. electrical wire - twisted so that it is short enough to prevent hitting fairing. Cheap and works fine.

Craig

2007 R1200RT

2005 Ural Patrol

2007 Ducati Multistrada (in my dreams and dickering with dealer)

Archived