IGNORED

Dead Com-pu-tah!

WBoyter

I can fix things, but this one I cannot do. And I've only had the bike for right at a month. I turned over 7,500 miles last Monday. Been waiting for the Ft Worth BMW dealership to check it out since then. Got the pronouncement today. The bike shut down on me a couple of times - completely. On the way to the dealership it completely shut the bike off while I was on the freeway in morning rush hour traffic. Had to drift over, turn off the key, count to 30, then restart with a little hope and a prayer.

The scary thing is that the dealer hasn't had to replace a computer yet for this model, doesn't have access to the part, believes it will have to come out of Germany, and could take a month to get here. Rats!

The bike shut down on me a couple of times - completely. On the way to the dealership it completely shut the bike off while I was on the freeway in morning rush hour traffic. Had to drift over, turn off the key, count to 30, then restart with a little hope and a prayer.

Okay, the first thing you need to do is look for patterns, connections, common events.

Any chance you put a Michael Bolton CD in right before the bike shut itself off? grin.gif

Just kidding. Let us know what you find out.

Michael Bolton!

Hahahahahahha... reminds me of the movie "Office Space" If you haven't seen it... you absolutely should. :D

Thanks for the smile

The bike shut down on me a couple of times - completely. On the way to the dealership it completely shut the bike off while I was on the freeway in morning rush hour traffic. Had to drift over, turn off the key, count to 30, then restart with a little hope and a prayer.

Okay, the first thing you need to do is look for patterns, connections, common events.

Any chance you put a Michael Bolton CD in right before the bike shut itself off? grin.gif

Just kidding. Let us know what you find out.

Michael Bolton!

Hahahahahahha... reminds me of the movie "Office Space" If you haven't seen it... you absolutely should. :D

I actually watched it again this weekend, which is what made me think of it. grin.gif

I turned over 7,500 miles last Monday. Been waiting for the Ft Worth BMW dealership to check it out since then

Maybe that's it... your bike has a case of the Mondays.

Sounds like lack of use...try 10K next time..seriously I hope they get it figured out ASAP, a bike dying in traffic is a serious issue and something they need to be made aware of.

... a bike dying in traffic is a serious issue and something they need to be made aware of.

actually, it's more fun to watch a cage dying in traffic, especially one that has the alternator going, which in turn (can) tries to shut the engine down... ain't nothin like seein a car do a nose dive at highway speeds..., WITHOUT any brake application.....

Marginally happy with how this turned out. Tech sez it was a loose ground cable, the powder coating prevented a good ground, which caused the power to cut off, leaving the bike adrift in the middle of the deathrace around Dallas. I spoke with him last night, let him borrow it and ride it around town for about a hundred miles. Tightened up the cable, no problem now.

But I'm not happy with the way the whole issue was handled. I gave 'em the bike last week. Spoke with the service manager last Th, Fri, Sat, and on the last day he told me that yeah, this computer's failed. Did you check it?, I asked. Oh yeah, we need to replace it. It could take a week, maybe a month. But the tech called me yesterday saying that he "just got done checking the computer" and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Just now? I asked, then explained the previous conversation I had with the manager. I dunno, he sez, I don't show any record of it.

???

I can imagine how you must feel... I've experienced similar situations (not w/ my bike). Unless there are some serious gains to be had, I would just count my blessings that it's fixed, pick myself up - dust myself off and enjoy riding the bike.

Anyway, here's mine:

Two-cents001.jpg

Archived