IGNORED

Which seat lets you sit lower? Corbin vs. Sargeant

jamesmx5

I recently added a Corbin seat to my bike, and I can no longer get even one foot flat on the ground. I put 1200 miles on the bike this weekend with the Corbin and it totally cured the sore seat problems I had before. Does the Sargeant sit lower than the Corbin, or is this a problem I will have with any aftermarket seat?

The Corbins will always sit higher since their pan is much thicker. It can be altered, I guess.

I bought a Sargent for my KRS, and it sits identical to the stock seat (an '03). The 'dish' area is much flatter and bigger. Really happy with it. Highly recommended, especially if you're short of inseam, like I am (can barely flatfoot my bike with my 30"). Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will see what Corbin says about alterations, but I may just go with the Sargeant.

If you are handy you can do it yourself. I watched them shave the nose of my Corbin when they made it. There is not much to it, really. But you don't want to take off too much or make the sides uneven.

Peel back the seat cover. Shave it. Sit on it. Shave some more. Sit on it. Etc. Put the cover back on. Bingo.

too old to care
If you are handy you can do it yourself. I watched them shave the nose of my Corbin when they made it. There is not much to it, really. But you don't want to take off too much or make the sides uneven.

Peel back the seat cover. Shave it. Sit on it. Shave some more. Sit on it. Etc. Put the cover back on. Bingo.

Kathy is right. I did this to my Corbin when I had my first oilhead RT. I only took off about 1/4 of an inch in the front and about 1/2 of an inch in the sides. It made a big difference; I could easily get both feet on the ground. The process only took about 30 minutes too.

Archived