IGNORED

Microsoft Word what are my options

upsman

I have Microsoft Word 97 on my computer and low and behold it wont support what im trying to do here in 08. Im really not a computer guy so i thought i would ask what my options are for an upgrade. I have XP on my computer if that helps. Thanks Greg

Greg,

Mike's correct ... gotta know what you're trying to accomplish to make an precise recommendation.

However, Matt's pretty much hit a 85% solution with the Open Office reference. It is a freeware Office version that competes directly with the Microsoft Office Suite. Most people should be able to use download and Open Office easily, and with it create most documents could ever even think to create. AND IT'S FREE!

thanks for all the replies, my wife uses mostly word for making lists and printing labels and such. i went into the open office but it didnt look free to me, although it was inexpensive. Maybe im looking in the wrong place, i havent had much time to look into it. Thanks Greg

thanks for all the replies, my wife uses mostly word for making lists and printing labels and such. i went into the open office but it didnt look free to me, although it was inexpensive. Maybe im looking in the wrong place, i havent had much time to look into it. Thanks Greg

http://www.openoffice.org/ is the home page and it is indeed free, licensed, open source software. Contributions in coding, development or just registering are welcome but not required.

Andy

Archived