IGNORED

Gerbings Heated Pants Liner Users

Exploreinman

For those of you who use Gerbings Heated Pants Liners, what do you usually wear them over?

I just ordered a pair and my thoughts were to wear them over a set of long-johns. I use an Aerostitch suit during the winter months.

When it gets around 25f or so, I wear mine over my khakis and under the Roadcrafter, commuting to work everyday. The jacket liner and gloves have already been in use a couple of weeks. Generally hold off on the heated socks until something in the low 20s or teens. Even then my commute is only 25 minutes so the socks are not critical.

Agree - it's got to be way under 30 to even consider using the pant liners. For me they go over the slacks and under the FG winter overpants on the way to work. I still have never been cold enough to actually try the socks!

-MKL

I missed the H#$L out of my sox coming over from Montrose, CO to Monticello, Ut last spring for Torrey. When you really need them, they are fantastic.

thermal insulating layer like underarmour, then street pants, then gerbing liners, then aerostich fleece if really cold. tried fleece under liners but didnt get warm enough. tried thermal layer then gerbings, but got too hot on skin.

Most of you wear them over your slacks. When ordering did you take your measurements over your pants or are they sized large to fit over them?

I e-mailed Gerbings twice with this same question and no response.

Sizing can be tough. I went by Gerbings instuctions and ordered a 44-44. The length was perfect, but the waist was too small. I'm" 5'10" tall, 175 lbs., with a size 34 waist. I sent them back to my dealer and the dealer suggested I go up to a size 48 waist on the Gerbings. They should get here this week.

Also, Gerbings is in the process of moving their facility to a new location, so that might be the reason why you haven't gotten a response from them.

gerbings will fit them for u if u happen upon them at a motorcycle outing. they are supposed to fit somewhat snugly in order to transfer the heat better.

IndianaHarvey

Generally wear silk long johns under the gerbings pants liners, and then my First Gear Outer Pants. Yesterday did about 150 miles with temps 43 to 39 degrees. Didn't even have the pants on, just used the heated seat on the Harley Ultra. What bike you ride makes a difference to.

Got my size 48-44 pants today and they're the right fit for my frame. I'm heading up to the BRP this weekend to try them out. The leafwatchers should be gone, so it will be a nice weekend to try them out.

Archived